TWAFA007 - JBLU007

JBLU007

Dec 19, 2002
ALOHA My Friends!
This is TWAFA007 reporting live from JETBLUE U at MIA. I have seen the future of air travel and have now become JBLU007. I do not have much time as Im still in training, but just wanted to let you all to know where Iv been. As always I have A LOT to say about it all, but that will have to wait. Im writing this note at the Airbus Training Center.
Remember how most AA people thought that TWA people were stupid to stay with TWA as long as we did, as TWA was losing money and went bankrupt? Well what comes around goes around and the AA people should follow their own advise now.
On my first day of training I ment both of JBLU''s CEO & COO and got to talk to them for awhile. How refreshing is that! Just go to their web site, WWW.JETBLUE.COM, and look at the talent they have running this PROFITABLE airline. Hey they hired me didnt they?
Well my break is over and all I can say is BUY JBLU NOW! JBLU will take over air travel as the old regimes die. As always you heard it here first.
ALOHA, JBLU007

Visits from the CEO & COO are nice, I'm sure Carty and his gang would visit each class if we had only 30 planes. JB is the industries darling today however if they grow to fast things can change.

Congratulations I hope Jet Blue works out for you.

Why cant we all be happy for someone instead of predict the downfall of JBLUE.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/12/2003 11:33:10 PM JBLU007 wrote:

Remember how most AA people thought that TWA people were stupid to stay with TWA as long as we did, as TWA was losing money and went bankrupt? Well what comes around goes around and the AA people should follow their own advise now.

ALOHA, JBLU007
----------------
[/blockquote]

Even with a comment like this one I still wish you well.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/15/2003 5:44:44 PM MiAAmi wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

ALOHA, JBLU007
----------------
[/blockquote]

----------------
[/blockquote]
Aloha MiAAmi,

You are right. My comment was out of line. Especially, what comes around goes around. I dont wish anyone a fate as bad as it was/is at TWA. I did appear a little bitter.

I hope AMR gets the management change it needs to turn around and everyone gets to keep their job. Though I feel they wont and will stay the course of bankrupcy and wiping out the Union contracts and use the employees to make up for poor management. Very sad.

Thanks for seeing through my comments and wishing me well. I wish you and all AA employees the same.

ALOHA, 007

JBLU007: I think your comment was right on the money. Here we are, in real time, experiencing the anxiety and gloom and doom of AA just as the TWAers did for years. Don't apologize for that comment. It is true!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/16/2003 8:47:39 AM JBLU007 wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/15/2003 5:44:44 PM MiAAmi wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

ALOHA, JBLU007
----------------
[/blockquote]

----------------
[/blockquote]
Aloha MiAAmi,

You are right. My comment was out of line. Especially, what comes around goes around. I dont wish anyone a fate as bad as it was/is at TWA. I did appear a little bitter.

----------------
[/blockquote]

big question is...did you demand and get DOH seniority for all the time you spent at TWA?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/16/2003 4:27:37 PM KC tirechanger wrote:

Coldplay, You had to do it didn't you????
----------------
[/blockquote]

what the **** are you *****in about? He started at a new company, just as he did when he started fresh at AA and yet DOH is suddenly out of the picture? where's the demand and lawsuits for DOH?

oh yeah, i forgot, the AA part was a "merge"/"acquisiton" scenario...bullcrap! start at a company where you never worked a single day, you start at the bottom. nuff said.

You are right Coldplay......Unfortunately this is always going to divide us..that is if any of the TWAers are able to keep their job, not that I wish them illwill, but as you said it was a purchase not a merger.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/17/2003 11:05:50 AM TWAnr wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/16/2003 7:19:39 PM AAStew wrote:

...but as you said it was a purchase not a merger.
----------------
[/blockquote]

The legal definition of merger is:

[blockquote]Section 2(a). The term "merger" as used herein means joint action by the two carriers whereby they unify, consolidate, merge, or pool in whole or in part their separate airline facilities or any of the operations or services previously performed by them through such separate facilities.

Allegheny-Mohawk Merger Case, 59 C.A.B. 22 (1972)

[/blockquote]

The law makes no distinction whether the combination of airlines is achieved through a purchase or an acquisition.
----------------
[/blockquote]

TWAnr-

My memory tells me that ALL (apparent) airline mergers were actually "acquisitions". Mostly a larger airline "ACQUIRING" a smaller airline.

Thanks for providing the real stuff opposed to the emotional opinions.

Bob H

Good gracious, people! You're cracking me up! With war probably hours away, and your company's filing for bankruptcy probably weeks away, don't you think it is time to move beyond the AA/TW merger / acquisition / whatever the heck you want to call it?

That is truly ancient history from a different era by now!

Isn't it time to focus on TODAY's issues, and expend energy on those things you CAN influence, while there is still time?