Two Things Management Needs

CSSUP

Aug 20, 2002
The two things our management may have but they are sure not communicating to the employees.

One - direction for the employees. Though past management had their faults we always knew what direction we were heading. Whether it was towards merger with PI/BA/UA or changing the corporate image with "Impressions of excellence". Don't tell me MDA or RJ's, both are concepts not a company wide direction.

Two - a plan "B". In my life I always have a plan B. I have worked through what I will do if my house burns down, I lose my job, savings or spouse. I am not saying I will do what I have planned but at least I have thought through my options. With this latest Airbus IAM mess I have seen no indication of a plan B. It is very hard to have faith in the company when the impression is Management goofed up and is scrambling to find a way to fix the mess they made. This also falls under don't start a battle unless you have overwhelming odds of winning. If they have a plan B and plan A falls apart, communicate your plan. If you do maybe the Employees and BOD will think you know what you are doing.

One and two are called Leadership. They are taught in 1st and 2nd year business. If you don't communicate where and how we are going into the future there will be no future.

I hate to correct you, but there is another thing this management needs...........

A CLUE!!!!!!!

Two things management needs - a kick in the butt and a ticket on the first bus out of town.

Strange isn’t it, we feel as if we’re leader less. Perhaps because the best ideas we have seen about how to right the ship have come from posters on this board, and not from Harvard MBA’s and the like how should be doing these things.

Some of the recent posts have contained excellent ideas, with the caveat; be careful what you say the buggers might be listening. That said for all the screwy things posted there have been many more on the lines of brilliant.

Of course the question that is still begged is why have none of these suggestions of how to correct this mess been implemented or indeed why have none with the exception of rape the employee come from upper management?

Perhaps there is some truth in CSSUP’s post that there is no communication from the top down. I speculate that this is either because either their plan involves them stealing a bunch more cash and us being raped some more or they truly are clue less.

If Dr. Bronner and company on the board of directors are truly biz pro’s I believe they will recognize that it is indeed time to stop raping the employee’s and start treating them like assets.

It’s probably time for damage control. Time for a little radical surgery to remove the cancerous growth at the top, and see if the body is still worth saving.

The two things this company is dying because of are: The lack of a creditable CEO and absolutely any plan to actually run the company!

:up:

Attachments

• help.jpeg
    help.jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 93
T-bone said:

If Dr. Bronner and company on the board of directors are truly biz pro’s I believe they will recognize that it is indeed time to stop raping the employee’s and start treating them like assets.

It’s probably time for damage control. Time for a little radical surgery to remove the cancerous growth at the top, and see if the body is still worth saving.

The two things this company is dying because of are: The lack of a creditable CEO and absolutely any plan to actually run the company!

:up:
I dunno T-Bone, I'm of the belief that Dr. Bonner is the puppetmaster in all of this. He's pulling the strings. U is nothing but an investment, and he will probably get every cent he has put into this company and a little more.

The only hope for USAirways to stay afloat is for Dr. Evil and all of his cronies to resign and the board bring in a true employee friendly management team. I have never seen the spirit of employees lower than now. As a commuter I would just like to say THANKS to all the great gate agents and flight attendants who have made a tough situation tolerable. THANKS you all deserve better! :up: