Two thumbs..."Way Up" for the E-jet !

Took my first ride on a NW/Compass E-175, out of MSP last Friday, and in my opinion, "this baby" (or a Bombardier facsimile) is EXACTLY what AMR "NEEDS" for A/E(assuming that A/E is going to be kept), to solve Eagles HORRIBLE micro jet PROBLEM !!
(OK,..OK, the CRJ70's can stay..ONLY).

This thing takes off(with a full load), like a Mini Concorde.

What a "great" regional jet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bears person,

So glad that you are so willing to give up my, and a couple of thousand other fellow AA employees jobs.

How about let's outsource, say all the NB maintenance, while we're at it?

Not to mention that your "great idea" will do exactly that for a large portion of it...

That work for ya'all?

Seriously, how about AA, and AA employees, fly and maintain all the new jets, whatever size, and in whatever numbers, our "top talent" determine AA needs?

I sorta' think that works better.

P.S.

These are not "RJ's" you are talking about. Calling tehm that is disingenious.

I do not have a whole lot of faith in APA, but I do firmly believe APA will close AA's doors, for good, before Eagle gets any larger a/c.

Yes, I do remember EAL.

Sometimes, its time...

P.S.

These are not "RJ's" you are talking about. Calling tehm that is disingenious.

I do not have a whole lot of faith in APA, but I do firmly believe APA will close AA's doors, for good, before Eagle gets any larger a/c.

Yes, I do remember EAL.

Sometimes, its time...

You better make sure AMR divests Eagle first before you "close the doors".

Did anyone ever notice that if any of the Northworst aircraft are showing their right side, it becomes (according to the logo, anyway) Northeast Airlines?

whatever way they are facing if you delete Northwest and insert Garbage you'd be right on the money everytime.

Bears person,

So glad that you are so willing to give up my, and a couple of thousand other fellow AA employees jobs.

I don't think he's saying that at all. If I read it right, he's calling for a one-for-one replacement of the Embraer 135/140/145 family with E70's or 75's. The former are already flown/worked by AE, so those jobs have been gone for years.

Seriously, how about AA, and AA employees, fly and maintain all the new jets, whatever size, and in whatever numbers, our "top talent" determine AA needs?

I sorta' think that works better.

I absolutely agree.

whatever way they are facing if you delete Northwest and insert Garbage you'd be right on the money everytime.

Ouch! :(

I don't think he's saying that at all. If I read it right, he's calling for a one-for-one replacement of the Embraer 135/140/145 family with E70's or 75's. The former are already flown/worked by AE, so those jobs have been gone for years.

Eagle and the commuter affliate exists by virtue of an exception to the APA scope clause. Those "jobs" still legally and contracturally belong to the AA pilots. Now that AMR has violated of the stipulations of the scope exception (i.e. manning the airline below the minimum floor of 7300 AA native working pilots), the APA can withdraw the exception and demand a shutdown of AE. I don't see any way that the APA is going to allow their flying to be further outsourced with new narrow body aircraft flown by AE. AMR would love to get rid of the 50 and less seat money-holes and replace them with aircraft almost twice their size. But it's not just this that AA wants. They want a complete capitulation of all scope protection for AA pilots with unlimited outsourcing to other domestic carriers as well as unlimited code-sharing with international carriers. In other words, they don't want to run an airline. They want to break the back of the labor unions once and for all and run a "virtual" airline.

AMR can have all the 75-100 seat airplanes they want right here, right now.

Back