TWU 514 Candidates reactions

proAMT

Advanced
Dec 3, 2005
SEA
This forum opened for TWU514 candidates to express their opinions and observations.

Kevin Creaser and I (Dennis Hayes) are currently unofficial (until May 24th) candidates for President and Vice President of the TWU 514.

Kevin and I do not believe in saving the membership from itself by attempting to tell the membership how they should vote.

Also no one we know, other than the negotiating team, has read the full agreement yet.

However, at the risk of being labeled ambulance chasers, and contrary to the directions of the local president, neither Kevin or I will "shut our pie hole". We will freely give our opinions of the agreement highlights.

Click on the link at the bottom and then click on the UPDATE link to see our opinions of the highlights we have read about so far.

514defenders.com

No other prospective 514 candidates care to sound off?

Houston we have a problem...

Caveman6.jpg

No other prospective 514 candidates care to sound off?

Houston we have a problem...

Caveman6.jpg

Not a candidate, but after having read the Luis letter telling you to "shut your pie hole" I have to ask myself "Who does this guy think he is?" Has his head gotten so big that he feels he can address the membership in such a disrespectful fashion? Or does he already think he is in management? He sounds more like that management guy Burdette than a union leader.

I recall Mr Luis coming through my station, he told us that "I'm no Dennis Burchette". He also said he would not pull a roll call but I heard through the grapevine that he seconded the call for a published roll call vote. He claimed that our low ball table position was "credible" (whatever that means in negotiations) and that they werent going to budge from that. I see a five year contract with only six percent raises, sorry, thats less than inflation, plus we lose Retiree Health care coverage and who knows what else. Budge? It looks to me like they ran from it.

If he broke every promise he made to us in a one hour meeting I have to wonder how he has treated you guys.

My concern is not the front loaded increases of the proposal but the back end and open ended language. This is what will hurt Tulsa the most not knowing how the company will apply the open ended language in the future. What is being thrown out as the dangling carrot may have a poison pill in it. Before anyone jumps know what exactly you are voting for. It may mean your job or which state you will end up working in to stay employed at American airlines.

Reactions: 1 person
My concern is not the front loaded increases of the proposal but the back end and open ended language. This is what will hurt Tulsa the most not knowing how the company will apply the open ended language in the future. What is being thrown out as the dangling carrot may have a poison pill in it. Before anyone jumps know what exactly you are voting for. It may mean your job or which state you will end up working in to stay employed at American airlines.

OSMs will replace A&P's.....

Chuck, there's absolutely no question as to the manner in which any agreement with the company will be implemented - to our collective detriment with the blessings of the International.

Chuck, there's absolutely no question as to the manner in which any agreement with the company will be implemented - to our collective detriment with the blessings of the International.

Goose,

I share your opinion of the International. Jim Little is a company tool. The fact that Kevin and I are the only candidates that seem to realize this makes us, IMHO, the only credible candidates for the 514 out there. Jim needs to focus his attention on selling some other group out and leave us alone. Since Ed Wilson we (the 514-not me) have been friendly toward the International and we have suffered with give back after give back. We need the International to stay out of our way.

Last night I released a video on youtube that can be seen at www.514defenders.org and I'll probably redo it because I'm not sure I am getting my point across. Yes I want us to have a strong airline-not at our expense, not by cutting our heads and benefits (that won't do the job) but by improving what we got and by improving employee morale. We are not hitting on all eight cylinders right (at best I would say 4) now and the company doesn't seem to realize it. Their money saving ideas, brought to us with the help of the International, will IMHO take us further away from our goal of having a World Class Airline that is second to none.

If a candidate does not realize that the International is in the pocket of the company then DON'T VOTE FOR HIM or HER!

Haven't we had enough of being sold down the river? This does not make the airline stronger-its people make the airline stronger. When its people are happy the Airline will be stronger ask Southwest.

The airline and the international are taking us the wrong direction. I want us to be second to none. Do you share this vision with Kevin and I?

The people I work around are disgusted. We want something to be proud of. We want to do our part to make this airline #1 in the industry. We want something we can all get behind.

Goose,

I share your opinion of the International. Jim Little is a company tool. The fact that Kevin and I are the only candidates that seem to realize this makes us, IMHO, the only credible candidates for the 514 out there. Jim needs to focus his attention on selling some other group out and leave us alone. Since Ed Wilson we (the 514-not me) have been friendly toward the International and we have suffered with give back after give back. We need the International to stay out of our way.

Last night I released a video on youtube that can be seen at www.514defenders.org and I'll probably redo it because I'm not sure I am getting my point across. Yes I want us to have a strong airline-not at our expense, not by cutting our heads and benefits (that won't do the job) but by improving what we got and by improving employee morale. We are not hitting on all eight cylinders right (at best I would say 4) now and the company doesn't seem to realize it. Their money saving ideas, brought to us with the help of the International, will IMHO take us further away from our goal of having a World Class Airline that is second to none.

If a candidate does not realize that the International is in the pocket of the company then DON'T VOTE FOR HIM or HER!

Haven't we had enough of being sold down the river? This does not make the airline stronger-its people make the airline stronger. When its people are happy the Airline will be stronger ask Southwest.

The airline and the international are taking us the wrong direction. I want us to be second to none. Do you share this vision with Kevin and I?

The people I work around are disgusted. We want something to be proud of. We want to do our part to make this airline #1 in the industry. We want something we can all get behind.
Even if, by some stretch of the imagination, you and Kevin are elected to office what magical powers do you believe you two will be endowed with to right this ship?

Our problem is far greater than anything that could be effectively dealt with locally - think about it.

Even if, by some stretch of the imagination, you and Kevin are elected to office what magical powers do you believe you two will be endowed with to right this ship?

Our problem is far greater than anything that could be effectively dealt with locally - think about it.

Good point and 100% accurate.

Run for change alright, but I wouldn't be making any claims that Jim Little, the International Union, or the TWU Constitution will change as a result of a local officer election.

Doesn't matter who gets elected President and Vice-President of Local 514. Just look at the long history of attempted change and this fact will become more clear.

Good point and 100% accurate.

Run for change alright, but I wouldn't be making any claims that Jim Little, the International Union, or the TWU Constitution will change as a result of a local officer election.

Doesn't matter who gets elected President and Vice-President of Local 514. Just look at the long history of attempted change and this fact will become more clear.

This is yet another example why we tried to bring in AMFA, while I do not want to debate Amfa vs twu anymore the fact that we have another concession brought back to the members by presidents that said they would be the agents of change if elected proves once and for all this union must go.

Just look at how fast the other groups are faling into place since the intl. got around the only road block in their way, the only thing left to happen is for it to pass by a naarrow margin and to reveal all the hidden things we voted yes for without knowing.

Three more years of 2003 concessions sell the next generation out typical Twu good job guys way to hold the line!!!

I understand your concerns Goose, Informer. It seems far fetched what we wish to accomplish. The first step in solving a problem is recognizing the problem.

There are actually dopes who feel lucky to have Jim Little running the International, "after all he came from the ATD and he is very interested in our issues".

Why the membership refuses to point its finger where it belongs-at the International-is beyond me. The International is nothing but a bunch of jelly-spined surrender monkeys who only have their best interest in mind and will sell us out in a nanosecond. Just look at their dismal record!

I am asking you and others to take step one and elect a team that will freely admit that the International is our largest problem.

Once Kevin and I are elected we will have to redefine the way things are done "down at the hall", and, "at the base".

It will be difficult at first and it is extremely possible that the gloves will come off-

We'll either fire things up....or get fired!

Would you rather stand up and walk as a man or let Jimmy lead the membership over the cliff like a pathetic herd of Lemmings?

It's time to take a stand.

Soon we'll have nothing worth fighting for and the only thing going up will be our medical contribution and, of course, our union dues (gotta pay for the Taj Mahal we never consented to).

Kevin and I are not Santa Claus we can't guarantee lots of presents. What we want is to turn this thing around and begin the process of rebuilding. We want Tulsa to return to real unionism.

When we turn this thing around I'll feel like we have accomplished a lot.

NO MORE FAUX UNIONISM WE ARE MORE THAN READY FOR REAL UNIONISM.

Caveman6.jpg

QUOTE DELETED BY MODERATOR-POST AND LINK HAVE BEEN DELETED ...

This letter, if as represented, explains quite a bit as to why Yingst is back in Tulsa - worthless SOB, he is.

I understand he's a candidate for something in the upcomng elections (haven't wasted the time to read the list yet). He'll probably be elected to something as he doesn't seem to be very suited to working or appearing to be doing so, for that matter.

Anyone ever find out why we were blessed with the return of Burchette?

This letter, if as represented, explains quite a bit as to why Yingst is back in Tulsa - worthless SOB, he is.

I understand he's a candidate for something in the upcomng elections (haven't wasted the time to read the list yet). He'll probably be elected to something as he doesn't seem to be very suited to working or appearing to be doing so, for that matter.

Anyone ever find out why we were blessed with the return of Burchette?

This pompous TUL rep thought that his crap didn't stink. Well guess again. The people are tired of your antics and don't want to see you back in your seat. Who am I talking about? Take a guess:

A: Steve Luis
B: Dennis Burchette
C: Gary Yingst
D: ALL OF THE ABOVE

If you said "D" you are correct.

ALL,

The posts and link regarding a letter have been deleted as their authenticity cannot be verified.

As a warning, DO NOT POST letters, links or outside documents unless you KNOW they are authentic.

Thank you.