Twu Asking For Input On Changes From Within

Checking it Out

Veteran
Apr 3, 2003
September 29, 2003

TO: All AA Local Presidents Local 501-590.

RE: Follow-Up to Special Presidents Council Meeting – 9/25/03.

Dear Brothers:

This letter is in follow-up to our Presidents Council Meeting in Pittsburgh. Specifically, the request by President Hall to establish a sub-committee made up of five members of the AA Presidents Council to review and recommend changes within the AA ATD structure within 45 days. The tenets are as follows:

1. Sub-Committee to be established of 5 (Five) AA TWU Presidents of which 2 (two) will be from the 6 (six) Locals 561, 562, 563, 564, 565, and 567 that originally requested the meeting with Sonny on August 21, 2003 regarding changes within the ATD. The other three members will be selected from the Presidents Council by the ATD.

-The Sub-Committee will be tasked with the following:

-Review and recommend changes to the AA Negotiations Policy and Procedures.
-Review and recommend suggestions to Local autonomy.
-Review current policy and practice within the AA-ATD and make recommendations.

The sub-committee will forward a report to Gary Yingst, AA System Coordinator. In turn, Brother Yingst will advise President, S. Hall and ATD Director, J.C. Little of the Committee’s recommendations. G. Yingst will schedule a special meeting within the next 45 days with the AA-Presidents Council to discuss and vote on the recommended changes

Locals 561-567 will notify Brother Yingst no later than Friday, Oct 3rd of the two participants from their group of Locals that will participate on the Committee. The additional three participants will be a cross section of the Council - Local 521 President Jack Madish, Local 513 President Tim Gillespie and Local 514 President Randy McDonald.

Sincerely and Fraternally,
James C. Little
Director Air Transport Division
Intl. Administrative Vice President

Full Story: TWU

Please feel free to contact these Individuals via email or fax at:

Local 521; Jack Madish-Contact at Fax 734-941-7160

Local 513; Tim Gillespie-email at: [email protected]

Local 514; Randy McDonald-email at: [email protected]

Sorry I do Not know as of yet the last two Presidents. If you know please post.

If you have any changes you feel need to be addressed, please contact them. This is an important issue and our input should be welcome.

I recommend that all TWU Local Presidents tell their members to sign authorization cards. This will surely trigger an election and debate between AMFA/TWU.

Once the election is complete, we can move on.

Anything else is nothing more than TWU Smoke-n-Mirrors.

At this stage, only an NMB victory will declare TWU worthy of an offer of "change from within".

I will not accept a fear posturing change. Only a "Declared Union of Choice" change will be acceptable now.

Else, we still remain divided, seeking an election, and any proposed changes will NOT be embraced by the membership.

SIGN YOUR CARDS TODAY!

DO NOT ACCEPT AMFA-LITE WITH THE TWU! :angry:

I would like to see change's to where everyone is elected at large from the Negotiating committee, communication officer on up to the President of the ATD by the members at large.
-All members who are running need to be nominated with a minimum of 25 signatures on a petition requsting to run.
-A max of 1000 words written by the candidate stating why they want to run and experiences. To be mail to all members 30 days in advance of elections on a regular newsletter.

increase the number of representatives as determined by the presidents council.

A set number of seats available for Members to attend negotiations. And hold a drawing for members who would like to attend 10 days in advance or when time is of the essence draw names and contact members as far in advance as possible.

"I'M SCARED THE MECHANICS ARE LEAVING"

SHall.jpg

Sonny the Bus Cleaner Hall

Rolling on the Floor, Laughing My Ass Off!

:unsure: Sorry CIO, its too late for the unelected, unaccountable, unchangeable twu international and its cronies to want to listen to its membership now.

We tried for a democratic union with the twu for years. We tried the "change from within" B.S. already, and a representational vote is all you twu blind will understand.

A vote is coming, and because of the twu willingness to punish thier own members for wanting change, constant lies and deciept, and the corruptness that permeates the twu and the afl-cio, you will have your "change from within."

THE END OF THE twu FOR THE AMT!!!!! A M F A!!!!!!

:shock: :up: :shock: :up: :shock: :up: :shock:

CIO, funny how three of the biggest sellouts are listed in the top post on this thread. You type very well when told what to type. It's a shame that you did not list cowards too. You could have put yourself at the top. Continue to follow little off the cliff. We are busy saving our profession. I am sure the twu will still have a position for boot lickers after they lose the AMFA/twu election.

Sony Hall gambled that AMFA supporters would not be able to get the amount of cards signed necessary and lost. He should have made changes years ago but, decided he liked the kingdom as it was; now it's to late. My guess is he is just trying to save face for what is left. My condolences go out to those that fought unwittingly along with him and lost. For those that can look ahead, there is a ray of sunshine coming our way and it's called AMFA!!!

Checking it Out said:
I would like to see change's to where everyone is elected at large from the Negotiating committee, communication officer on up to the President of the ATD by the members at large.
-All members who are running need to be nominated with a minimum of 25 signatures on a petition requsting to run.
-A max of 1000 words written by the candidate stating why they want to run and experiences. To be mail to all members 30 days in advance of elections on a regular newsletter.

increase the number of representatives as determined by the presidents council.

A set number of seats available for Members to attend negotiations. And hold a drawing for members who would like to attend 10 days in advance or when time is of the essence draw names and contact members as far in advance as possible.
Now wait just a damn minute! These are all things AMFA has, open negitiations? Elected and accoutable officers? NO WAY!
READ MY LIPS CIO... YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE AMFA, REMEMBER! YOU HATE AMFA!!! NOW WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO BE LIKE AMFA?
Next you'll be saying the members should vote on constitutional ammendments. How about the right to recall Sonny Hall? NO WAY, NO WAY. THE MIGHTY TWU CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT TRY TO BECOME AMFA.
What would Mike Quill think? <_<

It is most interesting that Sonny Hall wants "change within the ATD". Hey Sonny what about changing your Constitution? OH MY GOD! Did I mean give the power back to the membership? What was I thinking?

In Sonny's eyes it must be the ATD. It couldn't possibly be that entire concept of Industrial Unionism is being rejected by Skilled Professionals.

Too Little, Too Late.

GAME OVER

Sign the cards and rid ourselves of this kind of thinking is the only REAL solution.

Anything else is AMFA-LITE, within a Dictatorship that will haunt your forever.

SONNY,

It is NOT possible to implement CRAFT UNION philosophies into an Industrial Union structure. That is an oxy-moron and WILL NOT WORK!

Now wait just a damn minute! These are all things AMFA has, open negitiations? Elected and accoutable officers? NO WAY!
READ MY LIPS CIO... YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE AMFA, REMEMBER! YOU HATE AMFA!!! NOW WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO BE LIKE AMFA?
Next you'll be saying the members should vote on constitutional ammendments. How about the right to recall Sonny Hall? NO WAY, NO WAY. THE MIGHTY TWU CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT TRY TO BECOME AMFA.
What would Mike Quill think?

I take it you have not educated yourself on the constitution of both AMFA and the TWU? If you had you would not be telling half-truths!!!

Dave you have the same song and dance, you will fall short of the required numbers to call for an election again!!!!

7 months and counting!!! You know the stats, you are short of your goal you need to be at during this time frame!!!!

Checking it Out said:
Dave you have the same song and dance, you will fall short of the required numbers to call for an election again!!!!

7 months and counting!!! You know the stats, you are short of your goal you need to be at during this time frame!!!!
If we are going to "fall short" as you claim, then why is Sonny and the gang proposing change and mailing anti-AMFA material to my house?

I think the TWU's own actions of FEAR speak more than I can say.

CIO,

It takes time to organize an airline of this size, not to mention undo the years of damage by the twu brainwashing the international continues to exhort.

However, as you are well aware, our card drive is proceeding extremely well. Almost 51% and counting in 7 months, most excellent. More cards signed everyday, with the twu's help of course.

The more punks, drunks, and cowards you recruit to exspose the stupidity of staying with the worthless twu, the more eyes are opened for the first time. I witnessed a few twu to AMFA transformations at the Tulsa meetings, I hope your twu cronies continue to attend our AMFA informational meetings. Some advice. Don't reserve a twu meeting room next time, as bad off as the twu is, you shouldn't be blatantly wasting dues money and pissing off the few fence sitters you can't afford to lose. I know its a hard habit to break.

Please, if you see your top coward, jIM lITTLE, would you please have him take Dells' challenge to a debate?

His acceptance should easily solidify our goal of 10000 cards. :up: :up: :up: :up:

All,

I've been involved with the TWU for over a decade. Since I first got hired on, I have been active in the Locals I belonged to and have been elected by the members I work with to represent them.

During all of that time, I have openly voiced my distrust for the TWU International and the ATD. I have openly told both the TWU International and the ATD of the actions and courses of conduct that they have pursued which lead the Membership to pursue other Representation. During all of this time, neither the TWU International or the ATD have fundamentally changed.

Until recently, I had never signed an AMFA card. Regrettably, I now consider it necessary to counsel others that a change in representation may be necessary as it is now clear that the TWU International and the ATD cannot change. The recent move by the Maintenance Local Presidents to form a separate division within the ATD is nothing more or less than an illusion. It is not real change.

A separate M&R division or any other arrangement short of a Separate Maintenance & Related TWU Constitution duplicating the AMFA Constitution will not change the fact that the Federal Courts have said:
1) The Union International owns the contract not the Members.
2) The Union International owns and can ratify amendments to the original agreement.
3) Under the RLA, all agreements subsequent to the original are "amendments" to that original agreement and thus do not require membership ratification.
4) Under the RLA, the Negotiator for the contract amendment is the owner of the contract, the TWU International--not the Locals or their Representatives.
5) Under the RLA and several Federal Court Rulings, the Negotiator is allowed to make any agreement on behalf of those covered so long as the provisions of that agreement are not "irrational AND wholly without reason."
6) Under the RLA and several Federal Court rulings, the Union-the TWU International and the ATD, are allowed to interpret their own Constitution so long as their interpretation is not "irrational AND wholly without reason."
7) The TWU views their duty of fair representation to be equal for all of those it represents.

I was at the meetings for separation in '99 and '00. I read a proposed amendment to the Presidents Council ByLaws which required the notification of the Membership prior to adoption by the TWU of any and all letters of agreement---it got shot down four times by the Presidents Council.

I read the filings in a Federal Court when the TWU claimed in their Legal Briefs that they owned the contract, not the Locals: the Federal Judge agreed.

I read the filings in a Federal Court when the TWU claimed in their Legal Briefs that they could amend a contract without Membership ratification: the Federal Judge agreed.

We have no more time to allow the TWU the chance for change. We must allow them to go their way while we firmly insist that we go ours.