twu iam alliance vote

dfw gen

Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
beig an aa mechanic wondering what the feed back would be from usair maintenance.

ok on the twu website it said they asked for the nmb to run the vote. i dont know what the choices on the ballot will be BUT i will be voting NO to the alliance. in fact i would write in the mickey mouse club before ill vote for the twu.i would be like to be able to write in a choice but if that is not possible:
alliance- HELL NO last thing i need is to be divided further.
TWU- FU*CKING HELL NO had 24 years of that don't need them any more.
IAM- going to make the same post on usair forums for opinions got a good idea what ill hear.
WRITE IN? AMFA why? see above.
if the write in option is not available then no union it is.

in fact not sure if the nmb will run the vote.

We need to vote the Alliance down, We need our own class and craft union. We need to stick together and focus on our issues. Industrial unionism has failed the AMT.

"If you would look up bad labor relations in the dictionary, you would have an American Airlines logo beside it.
— U.S. District Judge Joe Kendall, issuing a restraining order against an American Airlines APA pilot union sick out, 10 Feb 1999."

Kev3188 said:
AMFA or not, you need to vote it down because it sends the wrong message...
Even as an iron clad IAM supporter? What if either union stands to lose dues?

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Kev3188 said:
I'm a suporter of organized labor, and anything that advances the standing of America's working class.

IMO, this alliance ain't it...
Rich Delaney and the TWU are convinced it is:

http://youtu.be/tQkClsz-xCs?t=43s

"We believe the alliance is really going to be the future for the labor movement and a fantastic opportunity for our union and your union"

Josh

Kev3188 said:
I'm a suporter of organized labor, and anything that advances the standing of America's working class.

IMO, this alliance ain't it...

I agree. People need to remember that a union is also a "business."  Both the IAM and TWU know that they are both in such bad terms with its members that this alliance is what it came up with to keep their own self interests in the picture.  Vote it down and bring in a new union with a clean slate if for no other reason to say "this will happen to you to if you don't perform up to expectations!"

More like an improvement for the unions bottom dollar. $$$$$$$$$$
Fantastic opportunity for the union, not the memberships interest.
How frigging self serving these idiots turned out to be.

Kev3188 said:
That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone on this board...

I'm not sure it's self serving so much as simply lazy. Maybe both?
But just like 700, I'm sure you will say you aren't a fan of Rich Delaney (just like you have said of Buffy & Roach) but yet you still go along with his crap and cover it up saying "the membership voted, the membership elects these jokers"...

Again you have expressed concern about Sito, 700 and others have come to his defense but what has he done in the nearly two years he has presided over the IAM transportation department?

Josh

But just like 700, I'm sure you will say you aren't a fan of Rich Delaney (just like you have said of Buffy & Roach) but yet you still go along with his crap and cover it up saying "the membership voted, the membership elects these jokers"...

Josh
You & I agree on this alliance; remind me again why you're trying to talk me out of it?

Kev3188 said:
You & I agree on this alliance; remind me again why you're trying to talk me out of it?
Explain this to me:

“I am proud that our two great unions put the members first in a true demonstration of solidarity,” IAM International President Tom Buffenbarger said in the announcement Tuesday. “These agreements protect our members’ representation, pensions and seniority. Working jointly with the TWU, we will ensure both unions’ members are rewarded in this merger.”
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2013/05/iam-twu-agree-to-jointly-represent-american-airlines-us-airways-employees.html/

Seems they are putting the union first in maintaining dues flow, not the membership. Always love hearing union cronies throw around solidarity, like Sito said about raiding and "solidarity", really its about protecting their claims on dues.

Again why are both unions chalking this up as some ground breaking new idea?

Josh

Instead of having a winner take all vote, they are happy to split the dues among themselves.
My biggest concern if it fails would be seniority issues.

Explain this to me:

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2013/05/iam-twu-agree-to-jointly-represent-american-airlines-us-airways-employees.html/

Seems they are putting the union first in maintaining dues flow, not the membership. Always love hearing union cronies throw around solidarity, like Sito said about raiding and "solidarity", really its about protecting their claims on dues.

Again why are both unions chalking this up as some ground breaking new idea?

Josh

You really need that explained to you? C'mon...

What do you wanna hear here, Josh?