TWU Laughs At You

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
"We’re going to be creative, we’re going to be consistent and we’re going to put all the pressure we can on the executives of this company," said TWU Vice President Garry Drummond, director of the union’s Air Transport Division (ATD).

"Every year, they reward themselves with fat bonuses, while ignoring the passengers and employees who are vital to the company’s success." The five top officials at AMR, American’s parent company, have given themselves more than $300 million in bonus pay. A new round of bonuses is expected in April.

Was this said with a straight face? THREE years after our "shAAred sAAcrifice" was suppose to end a person who was NOT elected by the membership claims that NOW is the time to be creative and consistent and put pressure on executives? Did Mr. Drummond urinate himself when he spoke these words? The twu international, whom Mr. Drummond is part of, peddled the concessionary t/a we voted down but now they want to be "creative"?

The halls of the international where those who NEVER live under the contracts they negotiate for us are ringing with laughter. Why? It is quite simple... they do not fear being held accountable for their undemocratic ways.

Mr. Drummond states that "Every year, they reward themselves with fat bonuses,". Wait a second, I am crying now because I am laughing so hard! TWU Int. Reps. like Mr. Drummond are exactly like a executives at AA!

Did Mr. Drummond take a pay cut back in 2003 when we did?

How about Bobby Gless, Don Videtich, John Conley or Jim Little?

Did ANY of these people have to find a second job to make ends meet?

Did any of these people spend more time at work picking up overtime/extra hours and spending less time with their families?

What percentage raise increases did these people receive while we carried the burden of "shAAred sAAcrifice"?

If the above questions do not attack your sense of respect and ideals of what a democratic craft union should be then continue to be laughed at while the unaccountable continue to drink from the "black chalice of greed" while standing on your back.

But if such speeches coming from the TWU International makes you want to take control of your future and have a DIRECT say on who runs your union by being able to ELECT all officers then sign an AMP Authorization Card.

It's time WE had the last laugh!

GO AMP!

This type of activity has been happening for 25+ years. My card is signed, get me a ballot.

Signed a card, collected over 800, have the t-shirt, let's do this !!

Signed a card, collected over 800, have the t-shirt, let's do this !!

I think it is safe to say that should the TWU "recommend" another substandard TA, AMP is a shoe in. If they were "in tune" to the membership, they would ensure this does not happen. A huge IF!
The company does not want to lose their lap-dog union, and the TWU does not want to lose a substantial amount of income from potential union dues losses.
Also, I would like to ask the PRO-TWU folks here one thing. And a simple answer would suffice...

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE THE TWU INTERNATIONAL BIG WIGS AND SECRETARIES RAKING IN SALARIES EQUIVALENT TO SOME AA EXECS EARNING THE SAME PAYCHECK!

These same people, from Little on down, put on a good show blasting AA executive compensation, but all the while they have reaped in hefty increases themsleves..

How do you feel?

I think it is safe to say that should the TWU "recommend" another substandard TA, AMP is a shoe in. If they were "in tune" to the membership, they would ensure this does not happen. A huge IF!
The company does not want to lose their lap-dog union, and the TWU does not want to lose a substantial amount of income from potential union dues losses.
Also, I would like to ask the PRO-TWU folks here one thing. And a simple answer would suffice...

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE THE TWU INTERNATIONAL BIG WIGS AND SECRETARIES RAKING IN SALARIES EQUIVALENT TO SOME AA EXECS EARNING THE SAME PAYCHECK!

These same people, from Little on down, put on a good show blasting AA executive compensation, but all the while they have reaped in hefty increases themsleves..

How do you feel?

Absolutely accurate Hopeful....hypocrisy at it's finest.
I've said for years(actually decades), these AFL-CIO catch all unions have laughed there asses off at AMTs, while they skip off after selling another blow hard, BS contract to the mechanics in this industry. They have failed us MISERABLY guys!