Twu Rejected By 74%

Decision 2004

Veteran
Mar 12, 2004
Flight Dispatchers at Mesa Air Group Subsidiaries Overwhelming Reject Unionization Drive
Wednesday April 7, 1:54 pm ET

PHOENIX, April 7 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Mesa Air Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: MESA - News) announced today that it had received the results of an election by Flight Dispatchers at Mesa Air Group subsidiaries in which the dispatchers at Mesa Airlines, Freedom Airlines and Air Midwest overwhelmingly rejected a unionization drive advanced by the Transport Workers Union (TWU). The election was conducted by the National Mediation Board. Of the 43 eligible voters, 32 (74%) chose not to unionize and not to be represented by the TWU.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990210/LAW065)
"Mesa has strived to maintain a close relationship with its dispatchers based on open communication and "out of the box" employee initiatives. We believe the merits of our approach were reflected in this vote," said Jonathan Ornstein, Mesa's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "More importantly, Mesa's dispatchers have rejected the standard industry labor model, which we believe to be broken, that has unfortunately resulted in furloughs, concessions and overall employee dissatisfaction at many carriers. Our dispatchers have instead embraced an incentive based compensation and benefit package tied directly to the company's performance that combines competitive wages with multiple bonus programs and stock options. We would like to thank all of our dispatchers for their support. With this vote of confidence, we can continue to offer opportunity and job security to our dispatchers while working together to create and maintain an industry leading atmosphere aimed at achieving our common goals," noted Ornstein.

twuer said:
Wonder what the % will be between amfa and the TWU? Oh wait, there won't even be a vote!!!
:shock:
You still rely on stopping the VOTE!

You just do not get it, do you?

NO VOTE - NO PEACE

NO PEACE - NO UNITY

NO UNITY - NO UNION

NO UNION - NO ADVANCEMENT!

YOUR FEAR OF THE MEMBERSHIP VOTE SPEAKS VOLUMES!
SEEMS YOU WOULD BE EMBRACING A VOTE!
YOUR CONFIDENCE IS WEAKER THAN OURS!

I have no fear of a vote Decision. There just simply will not be a vote.

But for the fun of it let's just say there is a vote. . .what will happen then?? Do you think we will just live happily ever after. . .regardless of who wins??? There will still be division any way you look at it.

Oh wait. . .I think I just got it. . .amfa wins. . .the ones who were more loudly opposing it lose their jobs. . .amfa gets what it wants. . .total control!!!!! WOW!!! That was like a lightning bolt!!!!

Well at least the TWU is trying to organize the unorganized and not trying to raid another union. When it comes to this particular vote the workers want to remain unrepresented why doesn't AMFA try to organize them now and see how they do. Oh excuse me AMFA doesn't want anyone except LINE MECHANICS. Jim

TWU Jim said:
Well at least the TWU is trying to organize the unorganized and not trying to raid another union. When it comes to this particular vote the workers want to remain unrepresented why doesn't AMFA try to organize them now and see how they do. Oh excuse me AMFA doesn't want anyone except LINE MECHANICS. Jim
Why do they bother? What can they tell these guys? "Give us two hours of your gross pay per month and we will make your company prosper by giving them the lowest labor costs in the industry."

Wonder what the % will be between amfa and the TWU? Oh wait, there won't even be a vote!!!

want to bet on that TWUer I am 99% sure that there will be an election and I am rarely wrong :D there is a 1% chance that a miracle will happen like maybe the rapture or something I don't know but other than that you can bet that there will be an election, as far as who will win those odds are much closer, I will guess that AMFA will win since they have not lost an election yet but you never know it could be a close election so close that I would not even take a bet on that, but there will be an election you can bet on that and remember you heard it from Raptor first :D well maybe not first but you heard it from me anyway ;)
just as I said we would get enough cards to file for an election I was right about that too :up:
There will be more debate challenges in the future but none will be accepted by either party I am right about that too. ;)

I could go on but you get the point. ;)

I guess you think that the TWU is to blame for all the misfortunes in this industry. I wonder at the airlines that AMFA is the bargaining agent why is AMFA not responsible for the loses there?Jim

Raptor said:
want to bet on that TWUer I am 99% sure that there will be an election and I am rarely wrong :D there is a 1% chance that a miracle will happen like maybe the rapture or something I don't know but other than that you can bet that there will be an election, as far as who will win those odds are much closer, I will guess that AMFA will win since they have not lost an election yet but you never know it could be a close election so close that I would not even take a bet on that, but there will be an election you can bet on that and remember you heard it from Raptor first :D well maybe not first but you heard it from me anyway ;)
just as I said we would get enough cards to file for an election I was right about that too :up:
There will be more debate challenges in the future but none will be accepted by either party I am right about that too. ;)

I could go on but you get the point. ;)
I will take you up on that Raptor!!! I'm betting that there won't be a vote! And guess what. . .I'm rarely wrong as well!!! :D

HMMMMM. What now???

tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock. . . . . . .

:lol:

Decision 2004 said:
twuer said:
:shock:
You still rely on stopping the VOTE!

You just do not get it, do you?

NO VOTE - NO PEACE

NO PEACE - NO UNITY

NO UNITY - NO UNION

NO UNION - NO ADVANCEMENT!

YOUR FEAR OF THE MEMBERSHIP VOTE SPEAKS VOLUMES!
SEEMS YOU WOULD BE EMBRACING A VOTE!
YOUR CONFIDENCE IS WEAKER THAN OURS!
SED LIKE A TRUE UNION BUSTER THAT YOU ARE dave.

The TWU supporters that post here claim that they are unionized.

A combination so formed, especially an alliance or confederation of people, parties, or political entities for mutual interest or benefit.

How does a group that has divided itself into multiple classifications claim to be unionized?

so lets get this straight, mesa air group, inc. flight dispatchers which comprises mesa airlines, freedom airlines, and air midwest overwhelmingly rejected a unionization drive advanced by the twu-tottally wortheless union by a 74% margin? you mean they would rather take thier chances without a union rather than have the twu bargain for them, whoooops i mean the company? seems they've seen what a wonderful job they did for the membership at AA and said "NO THANKS WE CAN DO BETTER OWN OUR OWN" :up: :up: :up: :up:

proAMFA said:
twuer-enemy of democracy.

If your a veteran I spit in your face
As a matter of fact I am a veteran! I am glad to know that you appreciate those who fight and who have fought for your freedom.

I'm sure you are a pathetic little man who cries to his mommy every time he doesn't get his way and probably expects everybody else to do his dirty work. Well guess what pal, better look ole' mommy up 'cause you are fixin' to lose bad!!!

There will be no amfa at AA this time brother. . .oh wait, you aren't my brother. My brother stood next to me in the desert with a gun in his hand. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Latest posts