Twu - Something Missing?

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
Below is an image from the TWU sponsored anti-AMFA website:

gen_25.1.gif

Ubiquitous Stickitus

I've seen them, you've seen them - chances are someone who has read this website (a decidedly slim demographic, I assure you) is driving around with one on his car right now. It's that decal that shows a devious-looking little boy with his back to you, urinating on the emblem of your choice. He may be wearing a sombrero, a fireman's helmet, or any number of more specific garb. Usually though, he's just wearing tousled hair, a striped rugby shirt, and a mischievous expression. Oh yeah, and the crack of his ass is hanging out. I'm all for freedom of expression, but the pervasiveness of this vulgar little design just bothers me.

Low Class, White Trash

Let me be clear: it's not the vulgarity itself that gets to me. I'm a big fan of some of the most off-color material you've ever heard. It's the one-two punch of a tasteless cartoon with a little boy with his pants down, wizzing on (insert your unloved symbol here), and the fact that it's rubber-stamped all over my world. The first time I saw it, it was edgy. Sometime between then, and the hundredth time I saw it, the novelty wore off. It's just so damn CRASS. And I usually like crass! Not this time...

Where Have You Gone, Calvin & Hobbes?

For those of you who don't know, "Calvin and Hobbes" was a syndicated comic strip that ran for years, featuring a stuffed tiger who came to life with the magical imagination of his owner, a little boy who slyly combined a childish innocence and wonder with a grizzled cynicism and wit. This was no mindless "Dennis the Menace" ripoff where the same one-dimensional situations were rehashed into a new square box, day in and day out - this cartoon had a wry outlook, with sarcasm that could slice right through the newsprint and dribble out into your morning coffee, if you weren't careful. And the art, while typically simple and sketchy, could suddenly veer off into snarling dinosaurs and vibrant alien landscapes when Calvin's fervid inventiveness took over during a dull schoolday, or at play in the woods surrounding his home. While Calvin could be a devious little runt, the overall feel of this cartoon was not one that lent itself to this kind of undignified trash. Which leads to the next point:

Does Calvin's Owner Approve?

Aside from the simple tastelessness, I have to wonder about this sticker's omnipresence: does Calvin and Hobbes's creator, Bill Watterson, know that people are using his cartoon's image for this vile little enterprise? Is he cashing in on this gross form of expression? Is there some copyrighting loophole that allows for this nonsense to go on, leaving the character's creator powerless to enforce his control over his creation? Or is it possible that he is unaware that Calvin's image is being used in this coarse manner? Given the ubiquity of the decal, at least in my area, I cannot imagine his has not seen it somewhere...

As you can tell from the third paragraph, I have a lot of esteem for the Calvin & Hobbes comics, and am appalled that their star character is being used in this light. I only hope that his creator is nobly unaware of this betrayal of sensibility, or at the very least, that he bought something really nice with the money he got selling Calvin's soul.

Let us not forget that it is this kind of professionalism that has won us over many, many once twu supporters. The more people see this stuff, the more they want to distance themselves from it. Listen to what the workers are saying about the people who are running the twu, especially in Tulsa. I don't know of anyone who respects the twu. Even the guys who haven't signed, hang their head when we ask about the twu's antics. Embarrasing to all to say the least.
Knowledge, Skill, Integrity vs. well...............the little guy peeing everywhere.
Knowledge, Skill, Integrity vs. Coffin gig with hoodlums.........
Knowledge, Skill, Integrity vs. the twu L.I.F.T. program.
I look at how many people I know who wouldn't sign a card 2 years ago and now are card signers and many Local 12 associate members. The tide has definetly turned to our favor. It's just not that cool to be twu!!!!!!!!!!
Here's a Happy Valentines Day to the twu and AA.................
Truly a match made in heaven.............
Cheers..........

:up:

These are photograhs of the tornado clean up we did over in Oklahoma city a few years back, all volunteer I might add and on a Saturday.. It wasn't about union it was about helping people recover from a disaster.. We took a few Jefferson busses and many of us took our own trucks along with chainsaws.. We worked all day under a hot June sun and felt like we had helped people put their lives back together.. One woman cried when she saw us cleaning up what had been her house, it was a great day and I'd do it again if able.. Give credit where credit is due..

Jim Anderson 4D Tulsa local 12 associate member

I personally find the use of the Tornado disaster in that context as offensive as the use of the coffin/flag by the TWU. :angry:

I would hope that deadbolt would consider discontinuance of the use of this material in such an inappropiate way.

My God man, we can beat them on Consitution and Democracy differences alone.

We do not have use the tradgedy of fellow humans as a tool for organizing.

KUDOS, to the TWU for helping those is need, when they needed it most! KUDOS to any AMFA supporter that can see through union issues when they do not relate to the goal and folks are in need. Thanks Jim.

Deadbolt, try the high road, facts, and your opinions and dispense with the offensive use of an Oklahoma Tornado disaster. Just my opinion.

Next thing you know CIO and others will be claiming "AMFA" is responsible for "deadbolts" inappropiate actions.

Even though I am not responsible for that posting, I will personally apologize for the innapropiate use of the material by someone that appears to support AMFA. I like to joke around to guys, but sometimes we cross over the line. This internet posting is just as public as the coffin/flag float and just as embarrassing too I might add.

We have alot of work to do to improve our image in the public view, and the last thing we need is this type of activity.

You gotta wonder, why would someone use that material and that link in a thread that is about "professionalism"? Once again, I apologize for deadbolt's actions in advance!

Its obvious deadbolt wasn't involved, I believe the community will have something to say about the pictures. Why not go ask the community and the family members on how they feel about the disaster you are making a mockery of?

Our Hearts go out to all the members, who were affected by this and who lost a love one in the tornado.

Just think amfa not only does not want to represent members now they are making a joke out of the community! I believe this is much worse than anything the TWU has done! You have stooped to a new low! AMFA at its BEST!!!!!!!!

Checking it Out said:
Its obvious deadbolt wasn't involved, I believe the community will have something to say about the pictures. Why not go ask the community and the family members on how they feel about the disaster you are making a mockery of?

Our Hearts go out to all the members, who were affected by this and who lost a love one in the tornado.

Just think amfa not only does not want to represent members now they are making a joke out of the community! I believe this is much worse than anything the TWU has done! You have stooped to a new low! AMFA at its BEST!!!!!!!!
CIO,

My personal apologies to you, the victimsof the disaster, and those that worked so hard to help out those in need!

I will say this though, the links at the bottom of that website leave me wondering,
is this is really an AMFA supporter, or just another move of desperate deception by TWU advocates.

A link to AFL-CIO "Union PLus" benefits?

Doesn't sound like an AMFA guy to me!
:shock:

CIO (quote)--> Just think amfa not only does not want to represent members now they are making a joke out of the community! I believe this is much worse than anything the TWU has done! You have stooped to a new low! AMFA at its BEST!!!!!!!!

B.S. Don't get your panties in a wad trying to make something out of this, better yet why don't you .. Why don't you hurry on down and crank up the PR machine and spin this one .. I was at the clean up and I support AMFA.. I am sure if the membership could visit this website and read through all the postings they would come to a logical conclusion and that is you have nothing to offer the membership, nothing but fear, lies and negativity.. When you are asked valid questions you fall silent or respond in a childish manner..

Your greatest fear would be people taking the time to compare TWU to AMFA starting with the constitutions, then networking with other mechs around the system and even other airlines.. No hype just facts, as I said before smoke and mirrors, fear and intimidation do not work for your industrial type unions any longer because of the Internet, your lies and deceptions are exposed within minutes now..

Try debating the facts and leave your coffin at the hall please.. I am available to talk to you anytime although since you are scared to reveal your identity that's a moot point..... God this is getting old, I'll be glad when its over. :p

Jim Anderson 4D Tulsa

TWU informer said:
I will say this though, the links at the bottom of that website leave me wondering,
is this is really an AMFA supporter, or just another move of desperate deception by TWU advocates.

A link to AFL-CIO "Union PLus" benefits?

Doesn't sound like an AMFA guy to me!
:shock:
I checked out the websites myself. AFL-CIO run, all of them. The AFL-CIO isn't helping the twu in trying to nix the AMFA drive at AA are they?? Surely you would think they are smart enough to know we would chase down the link. Maybe the PR firm?? The coffin gig was to much for any of them to overcome, maybe this is the grand scheme at getting back to par. Now that we are on to them, AGAIN, it will probably disappear. They can't do anything right.
Knowledge, Skill, Integrity vs.................the little guy peeing on everything!!!

Here's to the twu..........
Leading the industry in Lies, Intimidation, Fear, and Threats..........
Cheers..........

Checking it Out said:
I want you to go to this site and veiw it! See who is posting the Information?

Amfa Organizer and sales Rep.

Note who is proudly representing the page and look at the links!

And then come back and put a spin on it! :down:
No Spin required.

That is not the same user that posted the tornado disaster information.

Do you know who "deadbolt" is CIO?

I don't need TWU charity! I need real disaster relief, from the gutting of the contract! Relying on throwing a bunch of "piss on AMFA stickers" around and ignoring the real issues is what TWU is good for! I tried to talk to TWU, shop stewarts and e-board members: They don't want to even listen to the membership!

Trash my grievances, deny me union services!
gut the contract, don't answer for letter of agreements signed!
Not returning phone calls, or turning your phone off, or lying to me on the phone or lying to the membership on the floor!

and then:

Give someone else your time, your charity, your ear: and it makes you feel better right?!

I think dead-bolt just answered the question? same person and has been writting under the same alias for several years. Only difference these two use several alias on your site.