TWU,Teamsters, AMFA

Chuck Schalk

Veteran
Nov 17, 2006
We as a group are a bunch of fools and it amazes me time and again. I was listening to a conversation of mechanics in the break room. They were stating that we need change and the teamsters are our only choice to get rid of the TWU. I asked them "what makes you want the teamsters" they responded to get rid of the TWU. so in a sense choose your poison right? Neither one is their preferred choice but they have to choose one. They also stated AMFA failed to file the cards and they are not in the game. I then asked them have they read the Teamsters constitution? The AMFA constitution or for that matters the TWU constitution? They all responded "NO" I then asked "how do you make an informed decision and based on what"? I watch people research to death about going on a vacation but no interest in researching who will represent us or read the contract to understand it. We can't blame it all on everyone else, we must take some of the blame ourselves. We listen to false promises, outright lies, false hope, and fall to manipulation and yet some still consider to keep the TWU and some consider switching to the Teamsters. If you read the AMFA constitution it provides everything you want in a democratic union but thats not good enough because no one read it. they would rather listen to people who have personal interest in representing you and others who are paid to get signatures at any cost even if it means forgery and false promises. Yes there are no greater fools than us.

Reactions: 13 people
Gordon Clark resurfaced at DWH. He has been pushing the twu and promoting their LIES. He was telling my afternoon shift co workers that we will not have a "write in" option if there is a representational election. Well Gordo, maybe you should check with the NMB`s NATIONAL MEDIATION BOARD REPRESENTATION MANUAL Section 13.201. Hey lets not let FACTS get in the way huh.

Chuck you are so right.
We as mechanics are our own worst enemy. I listen to guys cry all day about how weak the IAM is. When I remind them that the Union is only as strong as is members. They tell me I am full of it.
Then I suggest we grow some BALLS like the pilots......They stick together and for the most part seem to be on the same page. What a concept Unity in a Union....
The race to the bottom will continue as long as the mechanics continue to NOT educate themselves.

Reactions: 4 people
Gordon Clark resurfaced at DWH. He has been pushing the twu and promoting their LIES. He was telling my afternoon shift co workers that we will not have a "write in" option if there is a representational election. Well Gordo, maybe you should check with the NMB`s NATIONAL MEDIATION BOARD REPRESENTATION MANUAL Section 13.201. Hey lets not let FACTS get in the way huh.
Is he still being paid by the company to work for the teamsters?

Is he still being paid by the company to work for the teamsters?
IDK, I missed him. The guys on second shift lit him up though. I`ve been there since January and have yet to see him on the floor.

IDK, I missed him. The guys on second shift lit him up though. I`ve been there since January and have yet to see him on the floor.
Gordon Clark does not deserve a moment of my time, he is a patsy and wandering gypsy. His conduct is nothing short of unbecoming and should be shown to the door when he opens his mouth.

Reactions: 1 person
I blame the likes of Chuck who has done nothing for our profession but tear down unions while being paid to represent. He had a simple task to file cards and did a piss poor job. Why anyone would follow this guy is beyond me!!!

I blame the likes of Chuck who has done nothing for our profession but tear down unions while being paid to represent. He had a simple task to file cards and did a piss poor job. Why anyone would follow this guy is beyond me!!!
You always blame someone or something other than the fact that being divided into different unions AMT's are being used against one another and have been used since deregulation became law. The AFL-CIO has failed to change and/or protect us against harsh anti-worker laws and outsourcing of jobs overseas. And you pick Chuck out the pile of damage and blame him. He and you and I are all victims of failed organized labor leadership, and instead of working to correct that, we fight amongst ourselves, and blame each other. I am sure that will fix the problem. Keep it up!

Reactions: 3 people

So you are defending gordon clark? You just gave further proof of your inability to clearly see why the twu has become the worse industrial union within the airlines. People like gordon, and you, are tools. You and gordon are a disgrace to our craft.

Reactions: 2 people
Hey chump, your focus on "blame" pretty much says it all as to what's important to you. Most who 'get it' understand that "blame" will not provide solutions. I can tell you as an organizer for the AMFA campaign, Chucks involvement, and the leadership he contributed to our effforts confirmed for me that when this thing finally occurs, we've got Chuck and many other sharp folks that will lead us on a more successful path forward.

Reactions: 6 people

CIO

As a TWU supporter you need to understand that the members like yourself took so long to sign cards that the IBT just beat us to the punch. The IBT cards are sent to washington ware paid organizers can sort and get cards on a daily basis to be filed. We the AMFA suporters had guys in Dallas who on their own time did the same job. So all the cards went to Dallas for that reason. To keep them safe, as well, until we got enough guys to sign cards.

Chuck works in NY, he collected cards as we all did system wide.

If AA had not filed papers the same day as the IBT we would of had our cards as well filed the very next day.
From my understanding we had more cards than the IBT and with the proof to show the over inflated numbers that AA said were elegible are actual lies.

The NMB used the rules and that is water under the bridge. Now depending on what the NMB does with the IBT cards and the influence of the TWU and AA, we get a vote or NOT.

What each member does at that time will be on them, check the box for the TWU or the IBT or write in AMFA on the NMB's ballot. Then we all will know which union AA's mechanics will have in the future.

Chuck also resigned his position to get into the fight for the cause he believed in. To replace the TWU with a union he thinks will be the best for all of us. He has a choice as well as YOU.

Google News Search: foreign MRO

and offshore aircraft maintenance

Results: Very little, and nothing from TWU since 2009.

TWU FAILED

TEAMSTERS FAILED

IBT FAILED

They all suck!

Has anybody ever heard of this Title group ? FLEET SERVICE CLERK (TITLE I Looks like AA is trying to pad the list again. Odd how the closing parenthesis is missing. My guess is they will claim it was a glitch or not enough space for "II)". So much for remaining neutral. Maybe all those guys should put in for mechanics pay since they are marked (TITLE I?

Has anybody ever heard of this Title group ? FLEET SERVICE CLERK (TITLE I Looks like AA is trying to pad the list again. Odd how the closing parenthesis is missing. My guess is they will claim it was a glitch or not enough space for "II)". So much for remaining neutral. Maybe all those guys should put in for mechanics pay since they are marked (TITLE I?

Maybe it's the characteristic quality of the company you work for or lack thereof.
Same can be said of the union misleadership.