TWU vs IAM

NevadaHP

Senior
Aug 15, 2005
My response to the IAM memo dated 2/26/06 is I cant believe the IAM would blame the TWU. How dare they, the TWU has approached the IAM on several different meetings and wanted to marry each other, ie. CWA/IBT and the IAM has refused how dare the IAM blame the TWU for calling an election. All the IAM has to do to end a possible election is to marry in with TWU. IAM is the real union who is risking losing it all. TWU and the IAM employees have everything to gain by going to TWU.

Under TWU their 401K plan has an unlimited amount the company will match. So for all you pension lovers out there you will recieve more money from the company under TWUs 401K.
Under TWU you wont lose:

Vacation

paid holidays

unlimited trading priviledges

double time on overtime

Overtime strictly by seniority.

Strict outsourcing guidelines the company must follow.

Geographical pay

One tier payscale

Uniform allotment

bypass on OT paid to employees

These are just a few to name so how DARE the IAM blame the TWU for protecting their memberships benefits and how dare the IAM blame TWU when TWU has approached the IAM to avoid a election.

My response to the IAM memo dated 2/26/06 is I cant believe the IAM would blame the TWU. How dare they, the TWU has approached the IAM on several different meetings and wanted to marry each other, ie. CWA/IBT and the IAM has refused how dare the IAM blame the TWU for calling an election. All the IAM has to do to end a possible election is to marry in with TWU. IAM is the real union who is risking losing it all. TWU and the IAM employees have everything to gain by going to TWU.

Under TWU their 401K plan has an unlimited amount the company will match. So for all you pension lovers out there you will recieve more money from the company under TWUs 401K.
Under TWU you wont lose:

Vacation

paid holidays

unlimited trading priviledges

double time on overtime

Overtime strictly by seniority.

Strict outsourcing guidelines the company must follow.

Geographical pay

One tier payscale

Uniform allotment

bypass on OT paid to employees

These are just a few to name so how DARE the IAM blame the TWU for protecting their memberships benefits and how dare the IAM blame TWU when TWU has approached the IAM to avoid a election.

If there is an election between the TWU and IAM more than likely you will end up non-union. The TWU barely got in at AWA in the first place.

If you want to see what the TWU has in store for you look at what they ahve done over at AA, the biggest airline in the world.

Jr fleet service clerks. Simply put-a Bscale scheme.

Straight time pay for all hours under 40. So if you are told to stay 4 hours extra you dont get OT until you pass 40. With CS's and part timers this really kicks in.

One week of vacation for the first five years.Walmart does better than that.

Five holidays recognized and if you have to work you work at half pay.

The list goes on. Basically all the concessions that USAIR sought and got from the IAM were things that the TWU at AA already gave up. In fact after the first round of concessions at USAIR AA recieved the most massive concessions package ever from the TWU while they were sitting on $1 billion in cash.

So whatever the IAM blames the TWU for, they are probably right. From B-scale all the way back in 1983 to only one week of vacation and half pay for working the holidays the TWU has been the industry leader for over twenty years.

The only thing that could be worse than the IAM is the TWU.

Your not getting that info from the Local 580 Contract.

9 paid holidays
3 weeks vacation after 4 years
Double time for working 7th day

NO OUTSOURCING ALLOWED

That is our biggest complaint(worry) with the IAM.
I work in a field station that US has already outsourced once thanks to the IAM contract and don't want it to happen AGAIN.

Why is it so hard to understand our point of view.

NO DAMN OUTSOURCING.

9 paid holidays

NO OUTSOURCING ALLOWED

I work in a field station that US has already outsourced once thanks to the IAM contract and don't want it to happen AGAIN.

NO DAMN OUTSOURCING.
Dont forget our 10 paid sick days, you get paid the first day you dont wait.

Besides that little bit more the IAM payscale has over the TWU will be gone with their "contract included" benefits which will more than double your premiums with many less coverages and higher copays & the **** Increase of your dues

TWU members can buddy-bid with unlimited trades!

401K match annually at 6% on the $ Beats the Sh*t out of the BS pension plan, and you have control of your money!

We also have the same negotiator wn had! FYI The BEST CONTRACT IN THE INDUSTRY!

To: Bob O.
Go drink and serve your IAM koolaid elsewhere. This is about US & HP. Not a DAMN thing to do with the contract you speak of! Besides Walmart called, they want you to hurry back to your GREETERS POST AT THE DOOR!

Vote TWU/IBT

9 paid holidays

NO OUTSOURCING ALLOWED

NO DAMN OUTSOURCING.

Under the TWU contract at AA there is no double time-ever.
Give it time. If the TWU gave those concessions at AA how much longer can your much smaller airline afford to give you more than AA gives?

Could you show the whole article in your contract covering outsourcing and scope?

Rule of thumb was always the bigger the carrier the better the compensation, you guys are on borrowed time, especially with the TWU.

The TWU is a company union, headed by a former member of AA management named Jim Little.

Bob Owens,

We work for US/HP. We don't give a damn about AA. Their contract has nothing to do with US/HP.

Nice sentiment from one TWU member to another. So much for brotherhood. I expected nothing more from a TWU supporter, otherwise known as a management supporter.

Just goes to show that you dont know what you are talking about. The fact is that what the competition pays for labor affects what your employer will pay you.

If you are IAM and go TWU you will no doubt be shocked by the TWU culture. Over at AA Jim Little, head of the TWU/ATD, former member of AA management, told Local 562 not to support the APFA at AA because "they werent affiliated". Local 562 supported them anyway and walked their picket lines with them.

The TWU does not support other unions, heck, the TWU International doesnt even support their own Locals when they strike-look at what happened in NYC just a few months ago and three years prior to that! The International sided with management both times. In fact Sonny Hall even presented the John Lawe Award, a union award, to a member of management who called the police to prevent union officers from walking the floor to see the members at their workplace!

"An injustice to one is an injustice to all" at least that what unions preach, but TWU supporters say "I dont give a damn, they have nothing to do with us" even when they are in the same union. And the TWU wants to keep us all that way-divided and conquered.

How long have you been a TWU member?

I've been paying dues for the last twenty years to the TWU. I actually first became a member of the Totally Worthless Union in 1980. I was still in school and took a job with Triangle Aviation loading planes. I was informed that my minimum wage job with no benifits required me to pay a $100 initiation fee and monthly dues. At $2.65/hr it was a real burden. I objected and refused to pay. I said I'm only getting the minimum amount they can pay me by law and no benifits so why should I pay? I wasnt planning on staying anyway. I said go ahead and fire me. The steward informed me that if I quit or was fired before my 90 day probation I would be refunded the initiation fee. So I quit on my 89th day.

That first experience let me know what the TWU ATD was all about. To this day they still extract dues from people who they do nothing for.

HPMKW posted that you get 9 paid holidays, 3 weeks vc after 4 years and doubletime on a 7th day. My question is what did you get prior to having the TWU?

Dont forget our 10 paid sick days, you get paid the first day you dont wait.

Besides that little bit more the IAM payscale has over the TWU will be gone with their "contract included" benefits which will more than double your premiums with many less coverages and higher copays & the **** Increase of your dues

TWU members can buddy-bid with unlimited trades!

401K match annually at 6% on the $ Beats the Sh*t out of the BS pension plan, and you have control of your money!

We also have the same negotiator wn had! FYI The BEST CONTRACT IN THE INDUSTRY!

To: Bob O.
Go drink and serve your IAM koolaid elsewhere. This is about US & HP. Not a DAMN thing to do with the contract you speak of! Besides Walmart called, they want you to hurry back to your GREETERS POST AT THE DOOR!

Vote TWU/IBT

Guess you havent read this:

http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27121

Who was the first to give up fully paid sick time?The TWU /AA contract slashed sick pay by over 70%. Other carriers in BK werethen forced to seek similar savings. The TWU over at AA, even though unlike USAIR and UAL AA was not BK and had over $1billion in cash.

What was the first union to give up company paid medical-thats right the TWU at AA back in 1991. The TWU actually called the plan an "improvement".

I guess what nevadahp meant by "unlimited 401k match was that with the samll paychecks that you guys recieve under your TWU contract that none of you could afford to contribute enough to ever see the max.Is it your contention that a 401k match DC plan is beter than a DB plan?

WN has the best contract in the industry because they have the best company in the industry. WN also gave the IBT, now AMFA the best contract in the industry.Are you saying everyone should go AMFA? Dont Delta workers earn more than you? Should everyone go non-union like Delta?

Who was the TWU negotiator that you speak of, another ex-AA worker?

I can agree with going IBT, but the last thing that you want to do is join up with the union that has lead the way with concessions for the last twenty years. The average TWU member earns less than the average worker, union or non-union. The TWU, known to most of its members as the Totally Worthless Union.

Nice sentiment from one TWU member to another. So much for brotherhood. I expected nothing more from a TWU supporter, otherwise known as a management supporter.

Just goes to show that you dont know what you are talking about. The fact is that what the competition pays for labor affects what your employer will pay you.

blah blah blah...............

0018-0311-0620-2140_SM.jpg

our top TWU local 580 negotiator from the international in our negotiations/mediation is Gary Schults the one who negotiated the TWU contract at Southwest!!

In response to the 401K, the top out is severly higher than 2,000, It is whatever the government says the maximum a company will contribute, I believe, $6,000-10,000. Sorry for the exaggeration but it is severly higher than $2,000.

Bob are you still a US employee?