TWU Working Together

TWU informer

Veteran
Nov 4, 2003
The TWU Working Together Program has been in place for nearly 5 years now.

The promise of jobs created, jobs saved, third party work, pull together-win together, has really not materialized or been beneficial to the membership at all.

The turn times for producition are down, and so is TWU head count.

Some third party work has arrived, but it has either been unprofitable, or management took the profits for themselves. I know I haven't got any.

Comprehensive Economic Proposal stonewalled at negotiations.

Now, layoffs are once again coming to a town near you.

We gave away $320 Million per year to "save jobs".

Can someone correct me if I am wrong and show where the working together has paid off for the TWU member?

Dennis Burchette, you rank up there as the biggest baffoon on the planet.

Of course you got yours brother, what you making annually now Dennis, about $180,000.00 per year in your sell out lifetime appointment? Is that what you meant when you said you would reach into Carmine's pockets after savig the company money? Was is you personally that would benefit from what you pulled out of those pockets?

The promise of jobs created, jobs saved, third party work, pull together-win together, has really not materialized or been beneficial to the membership at all.

Some third party work has arrived, but it has either been unprofitable, or management took the profits for themselves. I know I haven't got any.

Can someone correct me if I am wrong and show where the working together has paid off for the TWU member?

Of course you got yours brother, what you making annually now Dennis, about $180,000.00 per year in your sell out lifetime appointment? Is that what you meant when you said you would reach into Carmine's pockets after savig the company money? Was is you personally that would benefit from what you pulled out of those pockets?

I seriously doubt that Birdchitte pulled anything out of Romano's pockets but sticky hands.

Brother, your not looking at the big picture. According to our local president, Mr. Burchette and the International work for us!! :blink:

Brother, your not looking at the big picture. According to our local president, Mr. Burchette and the International work for us!! :blink:

Birdchitte and the TWU are living examples of the Jay Gould quote:

"I could hire one half of the working class to kill the other half."
Jay Gould

Some today would have relished the opportunity to drive a wooden stake in whatever passed for a heart in this guy, but his prophetic words ring quite true today in the form of the TWU International and their "partner", AMR management.

Rumor is Allegiant contract is in jeopardy due to piss poor management and excessive aircraft damage. I don't know if this is true but it would come as no surprise.

Personally, I don't look for Cap'n Fred to change much. The Morale is in the toilet and firing a few managers is not likley to change the attitudes towards the compAAny not to mention its lap dog union.

Rumor is Allegiant contract is in jeopardy due to piss poor management and excessive aircraft damage. I don't know if this is true but it would come as no surprise.

Personally, I don't look for Cap'n Fred to change much. The Morale is in the toilet and firing a few managers is not likley to change the attitudes towards the compAAny not to mention its lap dog union.

If the Allegiant Contract is in jeopardy it is because AA is attempting to re-negotiate the terms of the contract.

Finance has given more than one power point presentation showing that the contract has only been profitable on one aircraft.

They were in such a hurry to give Con-Man Romano a third party contact to use for his smoke and mirrors media show and his quest for advancement that they forgot to calculate the labor for Crew Chiefs and Supervisors.

That is why Fred wants some heads but the union leaders are protecting management.

If the Allegiant Contract is in jeopardy it is because AA is attempting to re-negotiate the terms of the contract.

Finance has given more than one power point presentation showing that the contract has only been profitable on one aircraft.
Kind of reminds me of the America West engines and aircrafts that we lost a ton of money on. At one time it was said we were losing $500k an engine to work on them, but the manager who negotiated the deal still works here, go figure. <_<

...snip
That is why Fred wants some heads but the union leaders are protecting management.

You've said that on more than one occasion; while such an action wouldn't surprise me a bit, which turdblossom (or plural as the case may be) have been protected? I was under the impression that all of AA's (mis)management team were far too valuable to send to the street for any reason, except perhaps when there was no choice due to civil action that couldn't be "bought" away.

There haven't been any rumors re: management personnel crapping in their boss's Post Toasties - who are we still blessed with?

Not what Im hearing on the floor, just like Alaska Air its a complete cluster f...k!

Cool, free maintenance!

They were in such a hurry to give Con-Man Romano a third party contact to use for his smoke and mirrors media show and his quest for advancement that they forgot to calculate the labor for Crew Chiefs and Supervisors.

Another golden parachute forthcoming off the backs of the real men and women that make this sh!tty compAAny tick.

Fred is toast, this dumbass has no idea what he just accepted.

The simple fact is that most AA employees deeply care about the company and have been "working together" with management and towards a common goal of survival since their hire date. They didn't need a stupid media blitz program generated by a smoke blowing idiot that should have never been promoted to supervisor, much less V.P. of Maintenance and Engineering.

It is the consulting firm farce that Con-Man Romano and Dennis Burchette created that is failing miserably and has taken the ownership of caring from the employee and placed within the cliques of ass kissing union men that volunteered to get out of work.

This combined with the concession-for-jobs program along with continuous management in your face bonuses is why this company struggles to survive.

Until someone comes along into a position of authority that will admit these failures and reverse the trend, then you can expect uncooperative workers or union members, and problems within the corporation.

Failure to change this current coarse will most likely result in a PanAm type of end to American Airlines.

According to the International we work for them!

The working together program was effective at what it was really meant to do-keep all the Local Presidents busy so the International would not end up with a situation like they had after the 95 contract where some of the larger locals started rebelling against the International.

Admittedly I don't follow things as closely as some of you do here (I prefer to leave work at work for the most part). I will say that I think the oil issue has really hurt the pull together/win together thing. With the company spending billions a year extra on fuel, there was less room in negotiations to offer us a full meal instead of just a snack.

Whoever said the exec bonuses weren't helping is right on. Pull together win together should include suffer together.

Latest posts