U Heavy Maintenance

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
we have all seen the contract proposal tendered to mechanic and related....wow...wonderful thing....
lets hope it gets better.
i'd suggest you look under page 4..scope.....you see where they wish to outsource????
i know we all freaked out upon reciept of this "fair and equitable proposal " from U management... :down:

ok again..in this new environment...don't you think if IAM comes to some form of 'mutual
agreement' that there will be some type of mutually agreeable outsourcing???
i really don't think we can hold the line totally now as we have done in the past....look at the industry and what others are doing with their fleets.
if i am correct and i think this will come to some form.....
lets say U/IAM agrees to a 20% outsource of heavy.....if we give back some 15-25 aircraft..then that leaves us with a fleet of around anywhere from 257 to 267 aircraft down from some 282.
now kick in a 20% farm out we now have some 205 to 213 aircraft to maintain in house...c-q-and s checks......kick it up to 40% and it gets worse.
kick it down to only a-b-c-checks and you're screwed....
so tell me now my friends....do the math.....how many hangar facility's do we now need to maintain some 200 or less aircraft heavies???
and just where the heck do you think they will put them?? if at all??
did you notice on page 2 under compensation...there is a tickler that if furloughed....you go back to payscale postion one.....duh....looks to me like they plan somewhere down the road to move or consolidate heavy maintenace at some point...... and if you want to relocate to another base...its going to be at a dear cost...nice guys these corporate raiders.....you wanna move to PIT from CLT or vice versa and go back to $17.45 ???
do the math..

Dude,

Where are the jobs going??? Just look south to Alabama where Dr. Idiot is. He said he would bring jobs to Alabama.....ST MAE ring a bell?? Now look across the pond to Ireland...Shannon Aerospace.....New home of our A330 maintenance checks.

We are being union busted under the auspices of bankruptcy court and Jerry glASS. I know Lorenzo is somewhere getting off on all this. He can still go to hell and take glASS with him :down:

The irony of UAIR's supposed restructuring is that it still will fail because we have miserably inept management that don't know jack when it comes to running a company.......other than into the GROUND!!!!

Good luck Dude.

delldude said:
we have all seen the contract proposal tendered to mechanic and related....wow...wonderful thing....
lets hope it gets better.
i'd suggest you look under page 4..scope.....you see where they wish to outsource????
i know we all freaked out upon reciept of this "fair and equitable proposal " from U management... :down:

ok again..in this new environment...don't you think if IAM comes to some form of 'mutual
agreement' that there will be some type of mutually agreeable outsourcing???
i really don't think we can hold the line totally now as we have done in the past....look at the industry and what others are doing with their fleets.
if i am correct and i think this will come to some form.....
lets say U/IAM agrees to a 20% outsource of heavy.....if we give back some 15-25 aircraft..then that leaves us with a fleet of around anywhere from 257 to 267 aircraft down from some 282.
now kick in a 20% farm out we now have some 205 to 213 aircraft to maintain in house...c-q-and s checks......kick it up to 40% and it gets worse.
kick it down to only a-b-c-checks and you're screwed....
so tell me now my friends....do the math.....how many hangar facility's do we now need to maintain some 200 or less aircraft heavies???
and just where the heck do you think they will put them?? if at all??
did you notice on page 2 under compensation...there is a tickler that if furloughed....you go back to payscale postion one.....duh....looks to me like they plan somewhere down the road to move or consolidate heavy maintenace at some point...... and if you want to relocate to another base...its going to be at a dear cost...nice guys these corporate raiders.....you wanna move to PIT from CLT or vice versa and go back to $17.45 ???
do the math..
[post="200874"][/post]​
http://www.post-gazette.com/businessnews/

The PIT maintenance facility closure could have been avoided and still might be. Bruce Lakefield was sincere in his letter to Govenor Rendell earlier this year, but time is running out.

IAM negotiator Bill Freiberger is correct when he told the Post-Gazette, I do think it is up in the air (closing the facility)," but that window to save the overhual facility is closing.

US Airways has to make some big decisions quickly and readers on this board were told about IAM "pain", well it's here. The only way to keep the Pittsburgh maintenance center is for the IAM to cut a deal before permanent "imposition" or be prepared for Pittsburgh and /or Charlotte overhaul closure.

The options possibly include: Dothan, Huntsville, or even off shore.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
The PIT maintenance facility closure could have been avoided and still might be. Bruce Lakefield was sincere in his letter to Govenor Rendell earlier this year, but time is running out.

[post="201281"][/post]​

What subsidize us or we will leave? That is BAD PUBLIC POLICY to be paying bribes to keep jobs in a jurisdiction.

USA320Pilot said:
The PIT maintenance facility closure could have been avoided
Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="201281"][/post]​
Go dry up and join a support group to look inward and see what is causing your callousness.

LGA Fleet Service said:
He's managements biggest fan.Maybe he'll dislocate his shoulder reaching around to pat himself on the back and we'll be spared his inane postings for awhile. :up:
[post="201300"][/post]​

Or have to take a little time off so that the Corporate Carpet Burns on the knees can heal. I wonder if anyone has Senator Spector's opinion concerning U's latest Postulation?

Long Gone said:
Or have to take a little time off so that the Corporate Carpet Burns on the knees can heal. I wonder if anyone has Senator Spector's opinion concerning U's latest Postulation?
[post="201334"][/post]​

Shouldnt have anything to say..about 3-4 years ago..he and Santorum voted on a bill before the Senate (cant remember what the bill was about) that had one of those sneaky type attachments to it that politicians love..that releived the rules related to outsourcing aircraft maintenance to foreign soil..they voted to get one thing and shot themselves and thier constituents in the foot with that hidden attachment..everyone now wants to outsource heavy maintenance..Ireland/Israel/Costa Rico/El Salvadoe and now places in Asia

USA320Pilot said:

IAM negotiator Bill Freiberger is correct when he told the Post-Gazette, I do think it is up in the air (closing the facility)," but that window to save the overhual facility is closing.

US Airways has to make some big decisions quickly and readers on this board were told about IAM "pain", well it's here. The only way to keep the Pittsburgh maintenance center is for the IAM to cut a deal before permanent "imposition" or be prepared for Pittsburgh and /or Charlotte overhaul closure.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="201281"][/post]​
PUT ME DOWN FOR A BIG FAT NO VOTE 320.....WE'RE GOIN' DOWN AND SO ARE YOU!! :mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff:

USA320Pilot said:

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="201281"][/post]​
Going back to FLA stick jockey , where U going?? :p

delldude said:
PUT ME DOWN FOR A BIG FAT NO VOTE 320.....WE'RE GOIN' DOWN AND SO ARE YOU!! :mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff: :mf_boff:
[post="201425"][/post]​
Got that right Lude! Have a cold on on me , can't wait to leave Phl and get back to sunny FLA :up:

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways has to make some big decisions quickly and readers on this board were told about IAM "pain", well it's here. The only way to keep the Pittsburgh US Airways has to make some big decisions quickly and readers on this board were told about IAM "pain", well it's here.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="201281"][/post]​

USA320Pilot will most likely be the one to "make some big decisions quickly " and will surely feel the" IAM pain" that he so smugly has been referring to since he decided, what is good for him must be good for everybody.

Once the IAM wheel of pain is set into motion USA320pilot and others like him will be no more than helpless bystanders as they witness the retaliation that will eventually bring US Airways down and all his whining and misinformation will have been for naught.

With USA320pilot getting so much satisfaction out of his perceived IAM pain, he seems to have forgotten about the CWA and AFA.

If USA320pilot takes anything to his new job, it should be this, Some people cannot get a break no matter how far they bend over.

linemech

linemech said:
USA320Pilot will most likely be the one to "make some big decisions quickly " and will surely feel the" IAM pain" that he so smugly has been referring to since he decided, what is good for him must be good for everybody.

Once the IAM wheel of pain is set into motion USA320pilot and others like him will be no more than helpless bystanders as they witness the retaliation that will eventually bring US Airways down and all his whining and misinformation will have been for naught.

With USA320pilot getting so much satisfaction out of his perceived IAM pain, he seems to have forgotten about the CWA and AFA.

If USA320pilot takes anything to his new job, it should be this, Some people cannot get a break no matter how far they bend over.

linemech
[post="201440"][/post]​
Well said Linemech :up: