U.S. National AMT Day Resolution

Ken MacTiernan

Veteran
Aug 12, 2003
San Diego CA
www.amtausa.com
Greetings everyone. I am extremely happy to inform you that on May 18th, 2007 Congressman Bob Filner (D) of California who is a Member of the Subcommittee on Aviation, Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure, U.S. House of Representatives, 110th Congress was hand delivered a letter from the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association asking him to re-introduce a United States National Aviation Maintenance Technician Day Resolution. This letter was co-signed by over thirty leaders from across the aviation community.

Present with me was Maryanne DeMarco, Director of Legislative Affairs for Passenger-Cargo Security Group, who helped enlist Congressman Bob Filner's support. It is Maryanne DeMarco who drafted the wording for this U.S. National AMT Day Resolution ensuring that the proper respect is given to the men and women across the country's aviation maintenance community as well as honoring Charles E. Taylor, the "Father of Aircraft Maintenance". It was expressed to Congressman Filner that the re-introduction and passing of this resolution holds a lot of importance for those of us in the Aircraft Maintenance Field.

Like the 46 State AMT Day Resolutions already passed this U.S. National AMT Day Resolution will recognize Charles E. Taylor's birthday as AMT Day. But whereas the State resolutions recognize their respective Aircraft Maintenance Technicians this U.S. National AMT Day Resolution will recognize all AMTs across the entire country. Since 1903 the skilled Aircraft Mechanic has continued to keep pace with the technological advances made in aviation. It is with these advances that today's Aircraft Maintenance Technicians are constantly raising the standards which our craft & profession holds itself to. Be it a military, commercial, corporate, private, civil, general, experimental or space craft there is a skilled craftsman who is responsible for making sure that the aircraft within his or her care is safe to fly. This U.S. National AMT Day Resolution will honor the dedication and sacrifices these men and women provide for our country's aviation community.

By having Congressman Bob Filner re-introduce this U.S. National AMT Day Resolution the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association and Maryanne DeMarco have started the long process for bringing our nation's attention and appreciation to a highly skilled work force. But there is more to be done to having this resolution to become a reality. And that is where you can help.

Congressman Filner's leadership in re-introducing this important resolution will require support. I would like to ask everyone reading this to contact their respective Congressman and Senators and inform them that you wish for them to contact Congressman Filner's office and have them offer their support by becoming a sponsor for the U.S. National AMT Day Resolution, HRES #444, which the AMTA and Maryanne DeMarco have requested to be re-introduced and eventually signed by the President of the U.S.

Contacting your Congressman and Senator is extremely easy to do. Just go on line to WWW.HOUSE.GOV and WWW.SENATE.ORG. You can then search for your elected official and e-mail them your request for support of HRES #444. You can have your Congressman's and Senator's office contact Sharon Wagener, who is Congressman Bob Filner's Legislative Director, at [email protected] or have them call her directly at (202) 225-8045. But don't stop there. Ask your family and friends to help support the passing of this U.S. National AMT Day Resolution by having them contact their Congressman and Senators too.

As always, thank you for your support in the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association. If there are any questions about this U.S. National AMT Day Resolution please call me at (619) 395-6681. The AMTA web site, WWW.AMTAUSA.COM, has been updated with this information. I am excited that with your help much overdue recognition will be given to the men and women who are aviation's "Faces Behind Safety". Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

Greetings everyone. I am extremely happy to inform you that on May 18th, 2007 Congressman Bob Filner (D) of California who is a Member of the Subcommittee on Aviation, Committee on Transportation & Infrastructure, U.S. House of Representatives, 110th Congress was hand delivered a letter from the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association asking him to re-introduce a United States National Aviation Maintenance Technician Day Resolution. This letter was co-signed by over thirty leaders from across the aviation community.

Present with me was Maryanne DeMarco, Director of Legislative Affairs for Passenger-Cargo Security Group, who helped enlist Congressman Bob Filner's support. It is Maryanne DeMarco who drafted the wording for this U.S. National AMT Day Resolution ensuring that the proper respect is given to the men and women across the country's aviation maintenance community as well as honoring Charles E. Taylor, the "Father of Aircraft Maintenance". It was expressed to Congressman Filner that the re-introduction and passing of this resolution holds a lot of importance for those of us in the Aircraft Maintenance Field.

Like the 46 State AMT Day Resolutions already passed this U.S. National AMT Day Resolution will recognize Charles E. Taylor's birthday as AMT Day. But whereas the State resolutions recognize their respective Aircraft Maintenance Technicians this U.S. National AMT Day Resolution will recognize all AMTs across the entire country. Since 1903 the skilled Aircraft Mechanic has continued to keep pace with the technological advances made in aviation. It is with these advances that today's Aircraft Maintenance Technicians are constantly raising the standards which our craft & profession holds itself to. Be it a military, commercial, corporate, private, civil, general, experimental or space craft there is a skilled craftsman who is responsible for making sure that the aircraft within his or her care is safe to fly. This U.S. National AMT Day Resolution will honor the dedication and sacrifices these men and women provide for our country's aviation community.

By having Congressman Bob Filner re-introduce this U.S. National AMT Day Resolution the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association and Maryanne DeMarco have started the long process for bringing our nation's attention and appreciation to a highly skilled work force. But there is more to be done to having this resolution to become a reality. And that is where you can help.

Congressman Filner's leadership in re-introducing this important resolution will require support. I would like to ask everyone reading this to contact their respective Congressman and Senators and inform them that you wish for them to contact Congressman Filner's office and have them offer their support by becoming a sponsor for the U.S. National AMT Day Resolution, HRES #444, which the AMTA and Maryanne DeMarco have requested to be re-introduced and eventually signed by the President of the U.S.

Contacting your Congressman and Senator is extremely easy to do. Just go on line to WWW.HOUSE.GOV and WWW.SENATE.ORG. You can then search for your elected official and e-mail them your request for support of HRES #444. You can have your Congressman's and Senator's office contact Sharon Wagener, who is Congressman Bob Filner's Legislative Director, at [email protected] or have them call her directly at (202) 225-8045. But don't stop there. Ask your family and friends to help support the passing of this U.S. National AMT Day Resolution by having them contact their Congressman and Senators too.

As always, thank you for your support in the Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Association. If there are any questions about this U.S. National AMT Day Resolution please call me at (619) 395-6681. The AMTA web site, WWW.AMTAUSA.COM, has been updated with this information. I am excited that with your help much overdue recognition will be given to the men and women who are aviation's "Faces Behind Safety". Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

Ken i am with you on your quest however what are the qualifications of a "AMT" ?

I have added the wording for HRES #444 which was presented on the House floor. Support is growing and having this resolution pass is inevitable. To be a part of it all that you need to do is contact your Congressman and Senator. It's that easy!

I have been informed by Sharon Wagener from Congressman Bob Filner's office that HRES 444 will be on the Transportation & Infrastructure Committee's calendar for Thursday, August 2nd. On Thursday the Committee will vote on HRES 444 and when passed we will wait for a date for when HRES 444 goes to the House floor. I will keep you informed as to the vote on Thursday.
I have called the Transportation & Infrastructure Committee Members asking for their support on HRES 444 and I am confident that the Committee will vote in favor of this resolution's passing. When a date is given for HRES 444 to be put on the floor I will put that information out. By no means should we rest and stop calling/e-mailing our Congressmen. We still need to keep our voices heard. If there are any questions feel free to call or e-mail me. The AMTA web site will have the current update concerning HRES 444. As always, thank you for your support. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

Why does he never answer that question?

The National AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN resolution, when passed, like the State AMT Day Resolutions that have been passed, will recognize all AMTs, both licensed and unlicensed. These men and women, who maintain our country's fleets of aircraft, will be recognized for their knowledge, skill & integrity. There are many airframe & powerplant technicians/mechanics in the military and manufacture and also in MROs that maintain our military and civil aircraft. This National resolution will recognize ALL who maintain aircraft across our country's aviation maintenance community.

So, to answer the question put forth... what are the qualifications of an AMT? The answer is simple. Having knowledge, skill & integrity are the qualifications. Always upholding the highest standards that our craft & profession demands. These standards have been met and raised throughout aviation's 100+ years of technological advances. Each advance has been met by the men and women this National, and State, AMT Day Resolution is intended to recognize. Visit WWW.AMTAUSA.COM and you will see what an AMT is.

So, to answer the question put forth... what are the qualifications of an AMT? The answer is simple. Having knowledge, skill & integrity are the qualifications.
Wow, I have "knowledge, skill and integrity," so I guess I am an AMT too, even though I no longer work anywhere near airplanes?

Cool!

Hello, I have been informed that the Transportation & Infrastructure Committee approved HRES 444 by voice vote. The HRES will now be scheduled for consideration before the full Hopuse of Representatives. When that date is chosen I will inform everyone. A big step has been taken. This is the furthest a National AMT Day Resolution has gotten. By continuing to contact our Congressmen and voicing our request that they vote yes for HRES 444 when it goes for a full vote before Congress will enable our nation to be the first to pass a National AMT Day Recognition.
Many thanks go to Congressman Bob Filner for his introducing HRES 444 and his continued support for today's AMTs as well as to Sharon Wagener for her patience and support. Also to Maryanne DeMarco for her efforts in having this become a reality. And also to Richard Dilbeck who started the entire ball rolling by having the first State AMT Day Resolution passed back in 2002. Most of all thanks to everyone who took the time to contact their Congressman and asking for their support. Sincerely, Kenneth MacTiernan Director AMTA

Wow, I have "knowledge, skill and integrity," so I guess I am an AMT too, even though I no longer work anywhere near airplanes?

Cool!

Ken said: "These men and women, who maintain our country's fleets of aircraft, will be recognized for their knowledge, skill & integrity".

Read the "who maintain our country's fleets of aircraft" section if you are still confused.

Since you "no longer work anywhere near airplanes", that would exclude you.

I am quite sure you fit nicely in some other category.

Ken said:

Since you "no longer work anywhere near airplanes", that would exclude you.

That is most likely his opinion. But in my line of work employed by an Airline, "I don't work near ariplanes!" But my line of work is vital to the airplanes existance. Which supports the existance of those like ken.....

That is most likely his opinion. But in my line of work employed by an Airline, "I don't work near ariplanes!" But my line of work is vital to the airplanes existance. Which supports the existance of those like ken.....
I guess someone over yonder in that thar TULE machiney shop should give you a little pat in the head more often.

Fire up the lathe and get started carving out that machinist medalion made from some high speed unobtainium.

That way when you feel lonely and left out, you can hang it around your neck so everyone will notice you more.

I guess someone over yonder in that thar TULE machiney shop should give you a little pat in the head more often.

Fire up the lathe and get started carving out that machinist medalion made from some high speed unobtainium.

That way when you feel lonely and left out, you can hang it around your neck so everyone will notice you more.

Hey hackman, Have you ever made the replacement part for the one that you had removed? How about the Bolts and Nuts that hold it in place?

"Hackman"; you wouldn't make a good pimple on Charlies backside!

"Oh", by the way. Kiss my butt...........

Hey hackman, Have you ever made the replacement part for the one that you had removed? How about the Bolts and Nuts that hold it in place?

"Hackman"; you wouldn't make a good pimple on Charlies backside!

"Oh", by the way. Kiss my butt...........
Ok, I'll play your childish "I'm better than you are" game.

Have you High Speed Simpleton ever had a couple hundred plus people on an aircraft, ready to depart the gate, and the aircraft takes a dump (breaks that is), and you troubleshoot the problem, fix it, and save the flight from being canceled???

Oh, this happens while its a hundred degrees or minus twenty, raining or snowing on the ramp, the gate agents and management are calling you constantly for updates, and the pilots are running out of duty time.

No??? Could you handle the pressure??? You should get out of your comfy air conditioned and heated shop in TULE and try it.

You wouldn't last a week.

Kisses.... your my hero HSS. :rolleyes: