UA/CO............ AA ?

L

leo schnauzer

(Hello everyone. I'm new here, and I'll try my best to be a good contributor)

With UA and CO practically a done deal", what's next for AA/AMR ?

I'd like to run these Ideas by everyone.
Since AA can virtually "go" anywhere they please on their own, perhaps it's time to concentrate on the old real estate "saying".......location-location-location.

First, buy Jet Blue outright. This would put an AA hammerlock on JFK once and for all. (sorry DL)
"flip" B6's terminal(most likely to DL) for a significant profit. $$$$$
Utilize B6's routes and a/c where it would be most efficient.

(Now, on to the other "corner" of the USA)

Once and for all(Finally) buy Alaska/Horizon !
SEA is a nice "locale" in my opinion, and could serve a multi-purpose.
Fence off the AS operation, as far as Pilots/F/A are concerned(+ ANC ramp). . Sea ramp is contracted out, and Customer service is run by Horizon .
AS is fleet compatable (new 737's), AND Horizons(new) Q-400's would be a nice addition to A/E, as AA expands into the old NW destinations in Montana/Washington/Idaho, and a few spots in BC Canada.
ANC traffic grows Every year. Not totally during "in season".
New NS routes................BOS/NYC/ORD/DFW/LAX----ANC
Hypothetically between Hubs/Focus cities, we're looking at 6 MAJOR league cities, (covering the continental USA) ; SEA-ORD-NYC/LAX-DFW-MIA.

Thoughts/comments ??

ps, In case anyone is curious, my first name Is LEO, and I own a Schnauzer!

Alaska Air might be a possibility. Always thought a merger with them might happen.

As for JetBlue, might fit well with one another. As for the terminal situation, T8 would not be large enough to handle a combined operation. AA's "original" Terminal expansion plan would have done the trick.

One other good thing to a merger would be seniority. A combining of seniority lists would would not have the negative impact as AA has a more senior workforce.

But with Jetblue being non-union, I doubt a merger would happen.

First off, UA + CO is far from a done deal. The management teams are arguing over price, surviving name, headquarters, and labor has yet to even chime in on it...

Second off, nobody wants to merge with AMR, and AMR doesn't have the money to go after anyone. It doesn't rule out US trying to make a hostile takeover, but we all know that would be more of a mid-air collision with no survivors than US + UA would have been....

I don't see the newer generation carriers jumping into the frey. Certainly not Jetblue. They have a profitable business model. Why kill it?

I don't see the newer generation carriers jumping into the frey. Certainly not Jetblue. They have a profitable business model. Why kill it?

Even Jetblue lost money.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/JetBlue-reports-surprise-1Q-apf-3626470713.html?x=0&.v=3

<_< -------eolosen has a point. One of the by products of the TWA/ AA merger/ buy out, would be a bad taste in the mouths of those that might conceder it over combining work groups!

Most airlines went into this recession with millions in debt, now most are on life support still losing millions more daily.

Mergers? Why should we believe that tying two dying horses' legs together would create a faster horse?

Nope..

The only solution for this industry is regulation, or liquidation not mergers..

Well AA has never worried about UA or CO, and I doubt that they'll worry about UACO.

EWR, no matter "what" is in control over there was/is Not in AMR's control. But as far as Kennedy is concerned, I'd do everything and(most) anything I could to control that territory.(DFW/ORD/MIA take care of themselves)

I still(and Always Will) believe that The "Alaska thing" should have happened well over a decade ago !

I'm not so convinced that either Alaska or Hawaiian would survive as-is if they were't independent. Lots of regional loyalty to both brands, but they've already got the best of both worlds with links to most of the other US carriers already. Buying them out would stand to make them less profitable..

spider%20-%20North%20America.JPG

Reactions: 1 person
Well here my 2 cents while I agree with E that UA/CO is far from done if cooler heads prevail it will get done. As for AA I do not see a merger in the works I would summit you look closely at the new holding co that owns BA/IB for whats in store for AA, there are several ways this could go down.

1 The rules on foriegn ownership could be changed at which time AA will be merged into this holding co.

2 The holding company itself could be made into a american based co {see virgin america] with AA and BA/IB holding minority stakes and some third party [See TPG] holding enough to make USA based then AA can be mergered under currnet law.

Now for B6, Alaska & Air tran etc etc I see a least some of them be sucked into the global mix as well but not till the big boys get sorted out this might explain LH & AA interest in B6.

We already have AF/KLM BA/IB LH/SWISS some of these groups have already started to add smaller EU carrriers just add the names of the American & Asian based companies to the three above and maybe you too can see the future, but remember thats my 2 cents take it for what it"s worth!

What is the "meaning" behind B6 and B9?

AA and BA form a merger of sorts. BA flys the intn at significantly less cost that the current AA intn
AA filters most of their dom to AE and the rest is history

Please don't ruin Alaska or Jet Blue

Uh, don't assume AA would be the acquiring carrier........ We've seen a couple little-fish-eats-big-fish mergers over the years, especially when one has a depressed market value and the other doesn't.

AMR's market cap is 2.5B. ALK's is 1.5B, and JBLU's 1.7B. Yet the two of them are a fraction the size of AMR.... Get someone like TPG behind it, and it's not out of the question.

First off, UA + CO is far from a done deal. The management teams are arguing over price, surviving name, headquarters, and labor has yet to even chime in on it...
Are you kidding me? Have you been reading the news? Yes UA & CO are haggling over the valuation, but they are inching closer.

As for the rest it's already been decided. UAL will be the surviving name, headquarters will stay in Chicago, CO CEO runs the show, Tilton becomes chairman of the BOD. Even the pilots have publicly come out and said we stand ready to work with management to support the merger.

Latest posts