Ua Releases Service Reductions

enilria

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
UA will load on ual.com about a 5% decrease in flying this week as part of their previously announced cutbacks. It appears Chicago and Denver bore the brunt of the cuts, IND and BUF were nearly completely transferred to RJs. Chicago saw a lot of flights moved to RJs, while Denver was more frequency cutbacks.

Frequencies were cut as much as 25% in markets with lots of flights like ORD-Philly and DEN-LAX. Dulles was nearly untouched except for some transcons. The West had minor changes except LAX-SFO that went down 4 roundtrips.

Anybody have the full list? It's hard to hunt for them in a GDS.

Looks like the changes go into effect after New Year's.

EXACTLY what they said they were going to do. Glad to see the increase in international flying....sure beats Des Moines layovers.

IND service reductions...far cry from when they had a 767 ORD to IND overnighting. IND is ripe as Chautauqua/Republic is based here with it's HQ & maintenance, and a rapidly growing fleet of Embrear 170s. Seems to be a perfect fit as a United Express station.

Sorry to see the possibility of about every IND UAL employee, whether in INDRR (Reservations),INDAF(Hanger MX), and INDOZ(Ramp Ops) getting layed off in Indianapolis. Over 3,000 total! I hope they don't turn it into Express. I have friends surviving tossing bags.

Best Regards,

Johnny Gearpin

Hey Tuna, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I mean Mr. Fish, your company's finances are dangling by the short and curlies. Funny thing about rising fuel costs. It hurts the little guys just as much as the big guys.

Hey Fly,

Must really piss you off that BUSH was re elected huh? Bye Bye Kerry...................

President Bush, the Uniter
(as long as you are Ignorant, Inbred, and White)

What a wonderfully informative tag. Thanks for pointing out your leanings.

Fly, you left out: (Liar, Coward, Evangelicals{we pray in (only) segregated churches and communities}, former drunk). Remember...The Republican Jesus is RICH, and doesn't care if he poisons the environment. Hes too busy fighting "Gay Marriage" and sending others to die for invisible WMD's.

Jungleclone says "Hey Tuna, errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I mean Mr. Fish, your company's finances are dangling by the short and curlies. Funny thing about rising fuel costs. It hurts the little guys just as much as the big guys. "

With F9’S loss of only 2.1M for the 3Q compared to UniTED'S 270+M loss don't even go there. F9 has a VERY strong balance sheet, and will do just fine this winter season. Let's compare financials again this 4Q and see if UniTED misses that DIP payment? OUCH, NOE THAT WILL REALLY HURT. And we'll see what UniTED has in store for you tomorrow Jungleclone, with the un-veiling of their BIG, BAD, and VERY PAINFUL business plan????? And remember the election is finally over so I suspect that UniTED will also announce the cancellation of ALL pension plans VERY SOON.

So now Jungleclone, anymore comparisons you want to make???????

Of course United lost more money than Frontier.....they are WAAAAAAAY bigger than lil tiny Frontier. What's the difference in loss by percentage?

He's right as far as the election bit being over......BENDOVA folks, the retards of America have spoken and we are now stuck with the president who plans to kill all of America's youth on his daddy's war.

Thanks you sir, may I have another? <whap>

Hey Fly:

I saw a bumper sticker the other day that I am sure you can appreciate:

DICK + BUSH = [deleted]

The headline in the London newspaper reads,

"HOW CAN 59,000,000 PEOPLE BE SO DUMB?"

Politics aside, any word on the further gutting of the AFA contract?

Best,

JAMAKE

When you have all these folks in the middle of the country saying that "moral values" is the reason they voted for a man who publicly professes his faith in the FUNDY CHRISTIAN God while at the same time seeking to gut the middle class and line his and his oil cronies pockets with blood money, then you realize we have radically dumbed down collectively and are a people of sound bites and superficial images.

Religion has given God a bad name, and she's probably pissed off.

Where can I find that bumper sticker?