UAL CEO Paid $39.7M in 2006

Imagolfer

Advanced
Sep 30, 2002
This just does not seem right to me, plus a driver and car to drive him 3 blocks every day :shock:

The chairman, chief executive and president of UAL Corp., parent of United Airlines, received compensation worth $39.7 million in 2006, the company's first year as a standalone company after emerging from three years of bankruptcy protection.

The rest of the story:

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/03/26/...?partner=alerts

This just does not seem right to me, plus a driver and car to drive him 3 blocks every day :shock:
The chairman, chief executive and president of UAL Corp., parent of United Airlines, received compensation worth $39.7 million in 2006, the company's first year as a standalone company after emerging from three years of bankruptcy protection.

The rest of the story:

Open up the book of DUH!
B) UT

Glenn Tilton is a shining example of today's era of corporate pimps. They are greedy bottom feeders who get rewarded for doing nothing, while the frontline workforce gets zilch. For him to rake in $39.7 million dollars is sickening. All because UA emerged from bankruptcy? Big deal. As if his supposed "leadership" did anything extraordinary in restructuring United. He plucked the low hanging fruit and that's it. And he's now been richly rewarded for it. I really don't know how guys like Tilton can look employees in the face and try to rationalize these exhorbitant payouts.

And a car and driver? Amazing. He is clearly in that class of executives who gets caught up in and enjoys all the trappings of power. All hail Caesar!

JungleClone:

"I really don't know how guys like Tilton can look employees in the face and try to rationalize these exhorbitant payouts."

Does feudalism come to mind. He's just like the old Plantation owner who believes you should be greatful to have him take care of you by giving you a job, healthcare, a place to live, etc.

I don't think I would mind as much as long as I know he will invest that money in making America a better place to live. However, America has been sold by wall street, bankers, coporattions and lawyers.

So why is it these yahoos get their fat bounses while at the same time thousands are still laid off? Just does not seem right in my book. Pensions lost too. Just not right.

The rest of the story:

AKA, why I aspire to be Glen.

Although, I find this figure to sound very low
Among the perquisites Tilton received was the use of a company car and driver, which UAL said was worth $40,196
If I were paid millions, I would expect that to only be the value of the driver, give or take. I don't think they are reporting the value (or depreciation) of the car (whatver the car is, which I don't know).

I wonder if bullet-proof glass was installed in his car...you know, to protect the driver from the mean streets of Chicago...The scary part is that McDonald, Brace and Co. made out like the bandits they are as well. 400 of them own 8% of the company, I'm sure some of the Union Chiefs got into that deal too. Meanwhile, employees and customers are left to suffer while they spend time counting their money and calculating stock--in private. I'm sure they don't go out in public much.

The truly sad part is that when Tilton finally succeeds in pimping United to another carrier, he will get another large payday to go away, along with the rest of his merry band of incompetents.

The truly sad part is that when Tilton finally succeeds in pimping United to another carrier, he will get another large payday to go away, along with the rest of his merry band of incompetents.
You are still flying, and that aint' nothin'.

This is the stuff that revolutions are made of.

Tilton and Company are representative of the greed that pervades modern corporate America. "Chainsaw Al Dunlap" made millions by destroying workers lives and now, evidently, the "management" of UAUA has done the same.

As one witness asked Senator Joseph McCarthy on the House UnAmerican Activities Committee, "Have you no sense of decency, Sir?"

Evidently UA's Tilton does not. DL's Grinstein does. Same for the officers of the respective airlines they lead.

Just because it is legal doesn't make it right. Slavery was legal, too.

Inflicting misery on others and profiting from it is wrong. There will be a reckoning some day, some how.

Tilton and Company are representative of the greed that pervades modern corporate America. "Chainsaw Al Dunlap" made millions by destroying workers lives and now, evidently, the "management" of UAUA has done the same.

As one witness asked Senator Joseph McCarthy on the House UnAmerican Activities Committee, "Have you no sense of decency, Sir?"

Evidently UA's Tilton does not. DL's Grinstein does. Same for the officers of the respective airlines they lead.

Inflicting misery on others and profiting from it is wrong. There will be a reckoning some day, some how.
Yeah . . . Good luck with that.

Too bad we're so sub divided in our own interests to do anything about it...For example: Would a Rampserviceman really risk it all to help out a Pilot and vice versa? I doubt that his Union would let him, even if the desire were there. The Unions need to get on the same page, and discover common interests or the 'carpet-bagging' will continue.

Organize a strike.........That'll show 'em

On the heels of all of this, it looks like AMFA finally got an independant audit of UALs maintenance outsourcing.The contractual limit is set at 20% of the maintenance budget(I guess for some reason they felt they just couldn't trust UAL management :rolleyes: ), and it looks like UAL is over 20%.............WAY over.

Gonna be one fun summer thats for certain. :rolleyes:

So why is it these yahoos get their fat bounses while at the same time thousands are still laid off? Just does not seem right in my book. Pensions lost too. Just not right.

But wait, Tilton was hired to do THE job and he executed it brilliantly! Where are good ole fly, bus, and jamake when the "poor" man needs to be rescued? My oh my, how the years go by... :blink: