Ual Mechanics Should Strike Now!

Oct 9, 2003
UAL AMFA Mechanics should walk now! The judge has abbrogated the mechanic's contract by modifing it! Waiting another 4 months only gives UAL management time to get a get SCAB labor force in place! Don't fall for the further negotiations B.S.! It is nothing but a scam! The time is NOW for action, not later! :rant:

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
UAL AMFA Mechanics should walk now! The judge has abbrogated the mechanic's contract by modifing it! Waiting another 4 months only gives UAL management time to get a get SCAB labor force in place! Don't fall for the further negotiations B.S.! It is nothing but a scam! The time is NOW for action, not later! :rant:
[post="244354"][/post]​

Lead the way Princess! Walk right out the door.

Check it out.............United's biggest SUPPORTERS ( :( ) don't work at United! hmmmm, mighty suspicious. Could it be you are hoping for the demise of United?

For the last 2 years we've watched the same posters write over and over that United should liquidate to ease the pain for everyone, and now they are all our brothers??? Doubtful!

Brothers with a knife behind their back, dropping a quarter on the ground, and hoping you'll pick it up....

Fly said:
Check it out.............United's biggest SUPPORTERS ( :( ) don't work at United! hmmmm, mighty suspicious. Could it be you are hoping for the demise of United?

For the last 2 years we've watched the same posters write over and over that United should liquidate to ease the pain for everyone, and now they are all our brothers??? Doubtful!
[post="244370"][/post]​

I don't care if you are _ _ _ _ enough to stay at UAL and work for food stamp wages but as for me I'll hit the EJECT button when my pay and benefits drop to your levels.UAL and USAir union employees are setting the NEW LOW standards for wages and benefits in the airline business.
All legacy airlines are going to be forced to drop pay and benefits for their employees to be able to compete with UAL and USAir who are presently hiding behind a C11 judges robe.

They(AA/TWU management) already are wanting another 500 million in concessions from the mechanics here at AA. Somebody, somewhere has got to put a stop to the wrecking of the AMT profession.

What's the matter FLY. A few days ago your're crying how the ALPA was ruining the pilot profession. The ALPA membership then votes yes to more concessions,if you can call them that. Now the mechanics take a stand and your complaining because they are doing what a real union should be doing.

I have NO problem with any labor group standing up for themselves. I do have a problem with employees from other airlines cheering us one as if they are on our side, when it's blatently obvious that is not the truth at all.

Somebody, somewhere has got to put a stop to the wrecking of the AMT profession.

Why not us......right? Wrong! Too bad, so sad :down:

Well FLY, I hate to disapoint you, but I support the UAL mechanics as an AMT not as an AA employee. We professional AMT's over here at AA are ready to help UAL AMT's,when they walk out. We are gonna do this whether the EVIL TWU likes it or not!

goingboeing said:
I don't care if you are _ _ _ _ enough to stay at UAL and work for food stamp wages but as for me I'll hit the EJECT button when my pay and benefits drop to your levels.UAL and USAir union employees are setting the NEW LOW standards for wages and benefits in the airline business.
All legacy airlines are going to be forced to drop pay and benefits for their employees to be able to compete with UAL and USAir who are presently hiding behind a C11 judges robe.
[post="244384"][/post]​

If you work for AA you already are at lower levels than UAL.

The concessions that the TWU put in place at AA/TWU undercut everyone else. It took USAIR four rounds, three in BK to get as low as AA/TWU. THe fact is even if AMFA had accepted this POS AA/TWU would still be the leader in concessions thanks to Jim Little.

By the way FLY those you see here do the same where they work too. The fact is this is a case of workers vs the industry and the lap dog unions not the workers of one airline vs the other.

Bob Owens said:
If you work for AA you already are at lower levels than UAL.

The concessions that the TWU put in place at AA/TWU undercut everyone else. It took USAIR four rounds, three in BK to get as low as AA/TWU. THe fact is even if AMFA had accepted this POS AA/TWU would still be the leader in concessions thanks to Jim Little.

By the way FLY those you see here do the same where they work too. The fact is this is a case of workers vs the industry and the lap dog unions not the workers of one airline vs the other.
[post="244543"][/post]​

And that sums it all up. UAL is in BK. AMR is NOT. Yet AMR's employees folded. Now you come HERE and tell the UAL employees they should shut down the company (a strike in chapt 7 IS a SIGSW to the head). You refused to uphold the profession, and you want someone to lose their job, to MAYBE get hired at the bottom of YOUR seniority list for less pay/bene's a few years from now. INCREDIBLE!! I want them to take the cut just so I can see how quick AMR (who isn't BK by the way...) lubes up and bends over. the way it's going, AMR will need to buy ANOTHER airline to have enough furlough fodder....

Busdrvr said:
the way it's going, AMR will need to buy ANOTHER airline to have enough furlough fodder....
[post="244620"][/post]​
Bus, don't wish for somthing you don't want. (kind of like bid what you want not what you think you can get). We could end up like the TWA'ers................and we all know that they were treated fairly :down:

Latest posts