UAL v Dave Carroll

Garfield1966

Veteran
Apr 7, 2003
Texas
I am not sure if this has been posted somewhere already but I stumbled upon this. I did a web search and it seems to be true as far as I can tell it seems to be true.

The short version is that UAL (or possible a regional subsidiary) broke Mr. Carroll's guitar. He sought compensation for quite some time (a year I believe) and was told by UAL to go fish. He made a music video (he is a musician) and it went viral. The accident happened in July and to date his first video has had 6.8 million hits. UAL offered to pay him (way after the fact) and he declined the money but suggested they donate it to charity. The guitar manufacture has given him 2 replacement guitars as a thank you because after the video their sales went up. Supposedly UAL is using the video in training classes as an instructional aid in how not to piss off a customer.

After the video went viral Mr. Carroll mave a 2nd video commenting on the first one.

Apparently he felt a bit of compassion for Mrs. Irlwig(sp?) and made a 3rd video which is kind of about a relationship gone bad between he and Mrs Irlwig.

I know UAL is not the only perpetrator of stupidity and poor customer service (they just got caught) but damned if this is not funny as heck. The videos are really good too. I think I'm going to try and check out his music.