UA''s hourly LGA/ORD.... shuttle candidate?

RowUnderDCA

Veteran
Oct 6, 2002
www.usaviation.com
I noticed that UA''s service from LGA to ORD is hourly. But their terminal space in LGA is miserable. Would there be enough capacity in U''s terminal to add UA''s service... what is it hourly service to ORD... a few rjs to IAD... can they fly to DIA?

Branding it as Shuttle (or treating it as Shuttle) would be kind of attractive. OBviously, it''s a longer flight and has first class and economy plus... .but didn''t I read that U was adding first class seats on the shuttle? Just an idea.

For that matter add Air Canada''s flights to the U terminal and crowd the small planes in the middle.

By the way, what''s the locid for Toronto? Can one connect in Toronto between U.S.A locations?

I''ve always thought that LGA/ORD would be a good Shuttle candidate as would LGA/MIA. Rename it the STAR Shuttle and UAL can run it. Use the carriers fuselage paint and the Star logo on the tail.

I know Pan Am looked at A LGA/ORD shuttle (they couldn''t get ORD slots). Since the BOS/LGA/DCA shuttle has never been operated by AA or UA this has never happened. IF UA or AA ever take over one of the traditional shuttles then ORD/LGA could take the shuttle format. Two reasons though I think it will remain an hourly traditional service are: First Class and connections at ORD. Most LGA/BOS/DCA are finishing their trips at those airports, from LGA/ORD you do have some connecting traffic. LGA/MIA has many connections to South America, It wouldn''t work either.

UA moving over to the U terminal in LGA has been rumored for a while but there simply is not enough room for them, nor for AC either allthough once U joins Star you never know. As many US/UA flights at LGA are code share a ramp side bus service was started on May 15th from U gate 2 to United''s gates making connections possible between both carriers without re-screening and landside road conjestion.