Uh oh,..........This will ruin someones day !

To argue that religious tolerance is the same as a 'christian nation' is equally silly.  Most of the founders were deists, not theists.  Furthermore, to believe that morality and the idea of law and order could not exist/develope out side or parallel to religion is the epitome of arrogance.

God is not mentioned a single time in the COTUS, Pledge of Allegiance nor the National Anthem (at least the part that is sung all the time).  One would think if we were a "christian nation' someone would have made mention about it in the founding documents. 

Ms Tree said:
God is not mentioned a single time in the COTUS, Pledge of Allegiance nor the National Anthem (at least the part that is sung all the time).  One would think if we were a "christian nation' someone would have made mention about it in the founding documents.
I wouldn't consider the National Anthem or Pledge of Allegiance as "founding documents, but you're wrong about the mentions of God.

Certainly, "one nation under God" seems to be a fairly controversial part of the Pledge...

And the National Anthem?... It's convenient that you leave out the last verse. I really could care less if you have never heard or sung it before, but it's pretty clear what it refers to...
"O, thus be it ever when freemen shall stand,
Between their lov'd homes and the war's desolation;
Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Pow'r that hath made and preserv'd us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust"
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!"
As for the COTUS? It's a governance document. It simply sets up the process.

And quite interesting that as far as Founding Documents go, you left out the Declaration of Independence.

Anything to further the narrative, right Tree?

Reactions: 4 people
I'm generally NOT very tolerant of those who initiate force against me. What  Religion they may be is not important.

The initiation of force is not acceptable

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
I wouldn't consider the National Anthem or Pledge of Allegiance as "founding documents, but you're wrong about the mentions of God.

Certainly, "one nation under God" seems to be a fairly controversial part of the Pledge...

And the National Anthem?... It's convenient that you leave out the last verse. I really could care less if you have never heard or sung it before, but it's pretty clear what it refers to...

As for the COTUS? It's a governance document. It simply sets up the process.

And quite interesting that as far as Founding Documents go, you left out the Declaration of Independence.

Anything to further the narrative, right Tree?

You know dam well that the pledge was not written that way.  It was altered in 1954 during the cold war.

I did not ignore the Anthem because if you will re-read what I posted you will notice that I clearly stated that I was addressing the portion that was commonly sung.

Poor wording on my part.  The founding documents in my eye is the COTUS and bill of rights.  While the DI is an important document it is not a founding document.  

But if you want to include the DI we can also peruse the Federalist papers.  Bottom lime is no god is mentioned and christianity is certainly not mentioned.

I'm not sure what all the arguing about the word...'GOD' is all about (in the founding 'documents') ?

My point, (hence post) was America was Never founded as a CHRISTIAN Nation.

In other words,.......'.What is so hard to understand about that ' ?

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
I'm not sure what all the arguing about the word...'GOD' is all about (in the founding 'documents') ?

In other words,.......'.What is so hard to understand about that ' ?

Obama was the first to figure that out some 200+ years down the pike? 

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Nope. It was a nation founded BY Christians. To say that faith had no influence on our laws or form of governance is simply ignorant.

Here we go again!

First, most laws were written in a pub that doubled as a town hall, so it goes without saying that the forefathers may have been a bit tipsy from the get go.

Next, the separation of church and state was established into law by Jesus Christ because the two can peacefully coexist but cannot overlap.

Now, lets keep in mind that when it comes to 'state', God is the GOVERNMENT. How can you base a nation on God when you have slaves, are involved in wars, kill innocent people, etc.

So continue to be overwhelmed when someone points out the obvious which is that unless you hear it from God, declaring God in your state of affairs is a bold face lie, much like the peaceful ones who want to kill and behead infidels.

eolesen said:
Nope. It was a nation founded BY Christians. To say that faith had no influence on our laws or form of governance is simply ignorant.
You forgot to mentioned Theists when you talk about the founders.  You also did not mention the principles of basic morality.  Yes various religious beliefs did have a roll in the development of the country but to ignore all the other influences is equally as ignorant.