Uli Derickson

TWAnr

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Trans World Airlines Flight 847 was hijacked on June 14, 1985. The Boeing 727, flying from Athens to Rome, was piloted by John Testrake. It departed on a Friday morning, June 14, 1985, carrying 153 crew and passengers. The purser, Uli Derickson was widely credited with calming the hijackers and saving the lives of many passengers.

Uli Derickson passed away peacefully during the night of February 18, 2005 at her home in Arizona. She was diagnosed with cancer about 18 months ago and was fighting it courageously. When the chemotherapy no longer worked, she decided that enough was enough and went into home hospice. Uli was 60 years young.

TWAnr said:
Trans World Airlines Flight 847 was hijacked on June 14, 1985. The Boeing 727, flying from Athens to Rome, was piloted by John Testrake. It departed on a Friday morning, June 14, 1985, carrying 153 crew and passengers. The purser, Uli Derickson was widely credited with calming the hijackers and saving the lives of many passengers.

Uli Derickson passed away peacefully during the night of February 18, 2005 at her home in Arizona. She was diagnosed with cancer about 18 months ago and was fighting it courageously. When the chemotherapy no longer worked, she decided that enough was enough and went into home hospice. Uli was 60 years young.
[post="249184"][/post]​

This saddens me and also gives me chills when I think of her bravery and professionalism.

My sincerest condolences to the TWA family for this enormous loss.

I saw this video regarding the hijacking and think it should be required for AA EPTs.

You can't even imagine what the crew and pax went through.

The weirdest thing is I was on a trip from the 17-19 and John Testrake came up with our "senior" crewmember...4 airlines...Eastern, Continental, Reno and AA aquistion. She had been through 2 Evacs and a Cuba Hijacking (Eastern). I may have missed the story since we were flying with a STL/SLT cockpit but she was saying she had flown with Testrake's son in STL.

Uli Derickson is a true hero...she saved many lives!!!

Best wishes and thoughts,

Coop

A Good History Lesson for those of us from AA that know very little about this event and Uli Derickson. My condolences to her family and friends.

Her reward in heaven will be great.

Thank You for posting this information for us to read and learn about.