(uncle) Bobby's Doin' "the Shuttle"

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
It just dawned on me, that Uncle Bobby made good on another promise, that he made to himself.
(though it took him a while), he wound up with a Shuttle.(BOS/NYC/DCA)
The only difference is, he's using BULLET TRAINS(no $$$$$$$$ landing fee's), to do it.

But the ABSOLUTE best part is, he's telling the Feds to pay for it, "AND BE QUICK ABOUT IT" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were one of the "2 and 1/2" companys flying between BOS/NYC/DCA(DL-US- and aa), I'd be watching him like a hawk.

NOT that's it's going to make any difference. !!!!!!!!!!

I miss that stinkin' lousy, miserable, devious, grouchy, SOB-
MORE and MORE, EVERY day !!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

Music plz.

("Where have you gone uncle BOBBIE-O, our airline turns it lonely eye's to you, OOH-OOH-OOH")

Finally NHBB Something about AA on which we agree. He was a real SOB; but you always knew exactly where he stood; and he was "our" SOB!

Y

LIAH, its very simple. As a pax, AA is just as much my airline as it is yours as an employee(?). It actually belongs only to the stockholders of AMR.

While I happen to be one of them, I think of AA as my airline having been a loyal pax for almost 50 years of business flying - with over 3mm AAdvantage miles - Lifetime Platinum and a Lifetime Admiral (club member).

I go back to the days of C.R. Smith when AA was our hometown airline with HQ in NYC where I live; and I knew Al Casey in the publishing business even before he took over as CEO in 1974. Bob Crandall was Al’s protégé and his successor.

I never thought of Bob as an 'Uncle' (as in TWA's 'Uncle Carl'); but he was enough of my kind of 'SOB' that we pax, employees and/or stockholders can all share.

Happy Thanksgiving

Y

upsilon said:
LIAH, its very simple. As a pax, AA is just as much my airline as it is yours as an employee(?). It actually belongs only to the stockholders of AMR.

While I happen to be one of them, I think of AA as my airline having been a loyal pax for almost 50 years of business flying - with over 3mm AAdvantage miles - Lifetime Platinum and a Lifetime Admiral (club member).

I go back to the days of C.R. Smith when AA was our hometown airline with HQ in NYC where I live; and I knew Al Casey in the publishing business even before he took over as CEO in 1974. Bob Crandall was Al’s protégé and his successor.

I never thought of Bob as an 'Uncle' (as in TWA's 'Uncle Carl'); but he was enough of my kind of 'SOB' that we pax, employees and/or stockholders can all share.

Happy Thanksgiving

Y
upsilon,
It's NOT "BOB", It's "Bobby", as in "Our"(ex) Uncle Bobby.

NH/BB's

upsilon said:
upsilon, I have heard that statement from thousands of pax who don't get their way. That's also the line they give when they think they're above all of the employees. Sorry to say but, I'm not impressed.

If you had actually worked for AA during Crandall's reign, then you could say he was also your "SOB."

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving to you.