Unemployment numbers DROP A G A I N !

Hey look, it's Batman and Robin.

Riddle me this Batman, you do realize that the TEMPORARY holiday help, drops the numbers until January?

Reactions: 1 person
NHBB & Dog,

You should know that the numbers announced today are for Dept of Labor category U-3 which presents unemployment figures in it's most favorable light.

The REAL number of unemployed is shown on DoL report U-6. U-6 currently stands at 14.4%

U-3 numbers are propaganda. U-6 is the truth.
Except when you used them to support the Romney campaign (U-3 was used consistently as a talking point as was your Rush U-6). Of course we know how that turned out.

The fact is they are both the truth as long as they are measured the same way...consistently. Which they have been by the BLS for a long time no matter what party was in power.

Except when you used them to support the Romney campaign (U-3 was used consistently as a talking point as was your Rush U-6). Of course we know how that turned out.

Truth is truth and the U-6 is the most accurate set of numbers in terms of what is really happening.

The U-6 after few stagnant months declined slighty as well. So overall good news for now.

Yepper old Osama Ben Bernanke is on the job ruining our economic future one printing press dollar at a time. Just announced more Quantative Easing as in double the monthly amount previously announced.

Welcome to the road to serfdom

eolesen said:
U-3 numbers are propaganda. U-6 is the truth.

I guess so.  I"ve noticed that on other boards, when people want to point how poorly we are doing compared to the glory days of W, they compare the W U3 numbers to "the truth" numbers for Obama.  

KCFlyer said:
I guess so.  I"ve noticed that on other boards, when people want to point how poorly we are doing compared to the glory days of W, they compare the W U3 numbers to "the truth" numbers for Obama.
Here we go! Whenever the **** is hitting the fan for BaRack #1 shout "BUSH" #2 shout "RACIST"!

southwind said:
Here we go! Whenever the sh!t is hitting the fan for BaRack #1 shout "BUSH" #2 shout "RACIST

Can you tell me what the "real" unemployment numbers under Bush were?  All I ever read was the "propaganda" numbers.  And THOSE numbers are what the "real" numbers of today are being compared to.  So I'm just wondering....I haven't been able to find them.  

Latest posts