Unintended Consequences

mlt

Senior
Dec 2, 2002
www.usaviation.com
As all of us know, sometimes we start down a path with a specific intention in mind and suddenly we veer off course. During the concessions many of us vociferously stated our negative opinions (myself included). Throughout all of this, at the International level, the labor leaders pushed to have these concessionary agreements ratified. They had access to all of the information and elected to remain silent. There must be a reason why. Many possibilities exist..
1. Perhaps they didn''t read the documents; didn''t understand and neglected to ask an expert for an explanation.
2. Possibly, they know the reason and were unable to reveal the reasoning due to confidentiality agreements. (God save me, I''m starting to buy into Chip''s unique corporate transaction )
3. Perhaps this payment was to ensure the previous leadership would leave the property and never return.
While 35 million is more than I would earn at US Airways in 10 lifetimes, in the airline world it is a few months of fuel burn. If this money was a ''go away'' fee, it is a small price.
I realize all of us are tired and beaten down. Friendships, relationships, marriages, emotional and physical health are being destroyed and it is devastating to watch. However, I believe the lashing out is heading in a dangerous direction. What concerns me the most is now the media is involved. I truly believe this is an internal issue. Similar to a sibling rivalry..say what you want about each other at home, but don''t dare go against the family in public. I guess what I am asking is for each of us to take a break. Read a book, go to a movie, take a walk, anything to relieve the stress for a short period. The longer we allow this sore to fester, the worse our reactions will become and possibly leading to unintended consequences.
Peace.

a crook is a crook. Getting the media involved getting the media involved is probably the BEST thing that could happen. Who was it that said "the best disinfectant is sunlight"?

MLT,

Your assessment of what this kind of information can do, is correct. However, without exposure and "light" these events would go unnoticed and swept underneath a rug. And that alone would be a travesty.

No one believes that life is fair, or must be fair. But one must make every ATTEMPT to be fair.

Like everything, this too will subside. Again, nothing done illegally, however the timing and morality of this is very questionable. Nothing ventured; nothing gained.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/26/2003 3:01:39 PM DELLDUDE wrote:

nothing will come of this....don't get your hopes up.
----------------
[/blockquote]
You're probably right. $35 million can buy a lot of politicians.