Union Drops Health Coverage for Workers’ Children

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
Careful what you wish for...
One of the largest union-administered health-insurance funds in New York is dropping coverage for the children of more than 30,000 low-wage home attendants, union officials said. The union blamed financial problems it said were caused by the state’s health department and new national health-insurance requirements.

“In addition, new federal health-care reform legislation requires plans with dependent coverage to expand that coverage up to age 26,” Behroozi wrote in a letter to members Oct. 22. “Our limited resources are already stretched as far as possible, and meeting this new requirement would be financially impossible.

Obama-Care.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Ironic, given that the purple shirted thugs from the SEIU were one of the largest "supporters" and quite active at suppressing dissent against supporting health care reform when it was available online for everyone to read on the internet at townhall meetings.

You guy's take this too seriously... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Um yeah, I could never really take the unions seriously. They have been irrelevant for quite some time. However the overwhelming hypocrisy is still ever present with them.

So we are going to take the word of a union and an insurance company with out verification or proof? Oki Doki.

Reactions: 4 people
So we are going to take the word of a union and an insurance company with out verification or proof? Oki Doki.

You didn't read the article did you? You seem to be in the dark (yet once again) regarding the subject matter.

One of the largest union-administered health-insurance funds in New York is dropping coverage for the children of more than 30,000 low-wage home attendants, union officials said. The union blamed financial problems it said were caused by the state’s health department and new national health-insurance requirements.

The fund is administered by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East, an affiliate of the Service Employees International Union.

Bull$hite and hypocrisy are not confined to unions.
Why don't one of you dillweeds show me a WMD... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Foot in mouth disease strikes again?

According to Wikileaks dump in October, there was WMD's in IRAQ...

US did find Iraq WMD

The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons arsenal -- most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.

Yes I did and I stand by my previous post until out side verification is presented. I do not care enough abut the issue to look for the info and given that it involves a union and an insurance company (two entities which I have absolutely no trust in) I have serious doubts about the way in which their funds were managed and the veracity of their claims.

Yes I did and I stand by my previous post until out side verification is presented. I do not care enough abut the issue to look for the info and given that it involves a union and an insurance company (two entities which I have absolutely no trust in) I have serious doubts about the way in which their funds were managed and the veracity of their claims.

So then you admit since you refused to read and comprehend the subject matter, you are clueless about the subject? Yet feel compelled to make an opinion to dispute it? Really? Wow! :huh:

"small amounts of chemical weapons were found in Iraq" NY Post 2004

I've got small amounts of chemical weapons in my bowels. And they smell a lot like some of the neocon nonsense posted here.