Unions And Politics - Union Worker Gives Gun

Decision 2004

Veteran
Mar 12, 2004
r2995855762.jpg

National Shooting Sports Foundation: Kerry Accepts Shotgun He Would Ban as 'Assault Weapon'
Tuesday September 7, 5:00 pm ET

RACINE, W.Va., Sept. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a press release regarding the Remington model 11-87 shotgun that Sen. John Kerry recently accepted:
At a Labor Day campaign rally yesterday, Sen. John Kerry accepted an ironic gift from a labor union representative. The gift, a Remington model 11-87 shotgun commonly used in hunting and recreational shooting enjoyed by millions of Americans, would be banned as an "assault weapon" under a bill that Kerry is co-sponsoring.

"The semi-automatic shotgun that Kerry accepted is one that he'd like to ban under his bill known as 'The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003 (S. 1431).' Kerry tells union workers that he's a hunter, but the truth is he would ban their shotguns," said Lawrence G. Keane, senior vice president and general counsel of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF).

Keane said several sportsmen's groups have pointed out that Kerry's effort to cast himself as an avid hunter do not square with his anti-gun votes as a U.S. senator. In various photos Kerry appears unaware of proper firearms handling. The Hunting and Shooting Sports Heritage Fund is advertising in national sportsmen magazines and on the Web site, http://www.voteyoursport.com, to illustrate these points.

Kerry was given the shotgun by Cecil Roberts of the United Mine Workers of America. The union represents workers at a Remington factory in Ilion, New York. Last year the union urged Kerry to support a bill to end frivolous lawsuits against firearms makers (S. 659). The suits threaten manufacturing jobs. However, Kerry voted against the bill.

Remington President Tommy Milner said, "Rest assured, Remington was neither aware of this presentation in advance nor in any way supportive of its intent to support Senator Kerry's candidacy. In fact, the company remains amused by ongoing photos of Senator Kerry shooting without either ear or eye protection while discharging a firearm."

The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the companies and businesses that make and sell firearms, ammunition and other products for the 40 million Americans who responsibly hunt and enjoy recreational shooting. Learn more at http://www.nssf.org.

An article on the Drudge Report Web site, http://www.drudgereport.com/dncg.htm, points out the irony of Kerry accepting the shotgun gift given the legislation that he supported.

KERRY COSPONSORED BILL BANNING GUN HE WAVES

Was Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry seen this weekend waving a gun which would have been banned if legislation he co-sponsored became law?

Kerry co-sponsored S. 1431 last year (“The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003) which would have banned a "semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip.â€￾

Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have "pistol grips," inluding millions of Browning Auto-5 shotguns produced since 1903.

Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the "pistol grip," as loosely defined in the bill. [Section SEC. 2; (H) (ii) and ( B )( 42 ): "The term 'pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip."]

Kerry was presented with the semiautomatic shotgun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia.

"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me," Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the device.

But Kerry's gun bill would have also banned any "gift" transaction!

[It is not clear if Kerry completed the required paperwork (Form 4473) before he claimed the gun.]

I'm SORRY, but I found this so funny, I had to post it here.

That man just doesn't look right with a gun in his hands! :ph34r:

dncg.gif

Decision 2004 said:
r2995855762.jpg

National Shooting Sports Foundation: Kerry Accepts Shotgun He Would Ban as 'Assault Weapon'
Tuesday September 7, 5:00 pm ET
RACINE, W.Va., Sept. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a press release regarding the Remington model 11-87 shotgun that Sen. John Kerry recently accepted:
At a Labor Day campaign rally yesterday, Sen. John Kerry accepted an ironic gift from a labor union representative. The gift, a Remington model 11-87 shotgun commonly used in hunting and recreational shooting enjoyed by millions of Americans, would be banned as an "assault weapon" under a bill that Kerry is co-sponsoring.

"The semi-automatic shotgun that Kerry accepted is one that he'd like to ban under his bill known as 'The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003 (S. 1431).' Kerry tells union workers that he's a hunter, but the truth is he would ban their shotguns," said Lawrence G. Keane, senior vice president and general counsel of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF).

Keane said several sportsmen's groups have pointed out that Kerry's effort to cast himself as an avid hunter do not square with his anti-gun votes as a U.S. senator. In various photos Kerry appears unaware of proper firearms handling. The Hunting and Shooting Sports Heritage Fund is advertising in national sportsmen magazines and on the Web site, http://www.voteyoursport.com, to illustrate these points.

Kerry was given the shotgun by Cecil Roberts of the United Mine Workers of America. The union represents workers at a Remington factory in Ilion, New York. Last year the union urged Kerry to support a bill to end frivolous lawsuits against firearms makers (S. 659). The suits threaten manufacturing jobs. However, Kerry voted against the bill.

Remington President Tommy Milner said, "Rest assured, Remington was neither aware of this presentation in advance nor in any way supportive of its intent to support Senator Kerry's candidacy. In fact, the company remains amused by ongoing photos of Senator Kerry shooting without either ear or eye protection while discharging a firearm."

The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the companies and businesses that make and sell firearms, ammunition and other products for the 40 million Americans who responsibly hunt and enjoy recreational shooting. Learn more at http://www.nssf.org.

An article on the Drudge Report Web site, http://www.drudgereport.com/dncg.htm, points out the irony of Kerry accepting the shotgun gift given the legislation that he supported.
I'm SORRY, but I found this so funny, I had to post it here.

That man just doesn't look right with a gun in his hands! :ph34r:

dncg.gif

[post="176802"][/post]​

Tell that to the Viet Cong. Some of them may have actually seen him with a gun in his hands, and I bet they didnt think it was funny, cant say the same for our President who is so anxious to put our children in harms way, he was too busy "defending the homeland" as he was AWOL down in Louisianna.

How about if we stick to labor issues?

Neither one of them are worth a damn, BOB. (Bush or Kerry)

In fact I cannot name politician who is "our friend".

If the GUN gift wasn't a Labor Issue, it wouldn't have been presented at a Labor Day rally by Union Gun Maker.

GLOBE: BUSH DIDN'T MEET GUARD COMMITMENTS

President Bush fell well short of meeting his military obligation in the Texas Air National Guard during the Vietnam War, the BOSTON GLOBE is planning to front on Wednesday, newsroom sources tell DRUDGE.

The 1,500 word expose on Bush's records comes just hours ahead of an exclusive CBSNEWS interview set to air Wednesday night with a man who secured for the 22-year-old Yale graduate Bush a coveted place in the Guard -- a man who now claims he regrets helping Bush.

The GLOBE claims: "Twice during his Guard service - first when he joined in May 1968, and again before he transferred out of his unit in mid-1973 to attend Harvard Business School - Bush signed documents pledging to meet training commitments or face a punitive call-up to active duty.

"He didn't meet the commitments, or face the punishment, the records show."

After laying dormant for most of the summer, big media picks up where it left off on the Bush national guard issue in a post-Labor Day filing frenzy.

In the next hours and days, the ASSOCIATED PRESS, CBSNEWS, BOSTON GLOBE and NBCNEWS [who will host Bush author Kitty Kelley on Monday] will revisit Bush National Guard.

The upcoming reexamination of Bush's records by the GLOBE show that Bush's attendance at required training drills "was so irregular that his superiors could have disciplined him or ordered him to active duty in 1972, 1973, or 1974. But they did neither. In fact, Bush's unit certified in late 1973 that his service had been "satisfactory" - just four months after Bush's commanding officer wrote that Bush had not been seen at his unit for the previous 12 months."

Heres something I found funny when it was made, remember the movie "Brewsters Millions", starred Richard Pryor, and John Candy, anyway he was running for mayor and ended up telling the voters to vote for "None of the above", Now why don't we send a message to the political parties, ALL PARTIES, that during the primaries if we the people don't like who they present to us, we vote "none of the above", then they can go back to their respective parties and come up with someone else who is more what the people want. Of course the politicians would never buy that but it is an alternative. :lol:

Maybe I'll write in Earl Connell for Pres and Kirk Wells for V.P. Their platform is "bringing punks, drunks, drug addicts, liars, cowards, etc, etc, back to the White House."

Decision 2004 said:

If the GUN gift wasn't a Labor Issue, it wouldn't have been presented at a Labor Day rally by Union Gun Maker.
[post="176814"][/post]​
Have to agree with "cannot name a politician who is our friend". Clinton sure was not, and we still have NAFTA and GATT which the Dems supported. We need a Labor Party, but labor in the USA is too busy fighting themselves.

We have to stand for the saftey of our country. I don't want to see our kids fighting and dying, but I feel sooner or later we would be fighting these nutjobs somewhere, and I would rather see us take it to them than fight them here.

I don't see Kerry as the man to take on this tough and unpopular fight. He would rather try to make friends with them, which will never happen. They want to kill the USA...period. No matter how much Kerrys' Hollywood friends claim its not true.

The next time Kerry has a gun in his hands, someone should ask him to look down the barrel and see if its loaded...... :huh:

FWAAA said:
Kerry holding a gun paints almost as ridiculous a picture as if I donned a mechanic's uniform and grabbed some tools. :p

SO why do you spend time here debating with mechanics about mechanic isuues if you are not one?

How could you possibly know our needs, issues, or concerns?

What is your job function anyway? Are you a hired propagandist by AA or the TWU?

Decision 2004 said:

Agreed. Both are members of the elite and the Skulls and Bones Society.

I can, Ralf Nader.

Ok.
[post="176814"][/post]​

Decision, You really should count your blessings that Bob showed you a little compassion, and came to your rescue on this issue. It is evident that you spent a great deal of "shoe leather" back-peddling your way out of this one...! Your lack of respect for those who have served in the Armed Forces is little to be desired.... :angry:

You are a real hero Decision 2004..... ;)

----------------------------
amfa: The YUGO of the labor movement
Where bargaing means YOU GO....!

Since guns were mentioned in this thread I thought it would be prudent to mention that the Assualt weapons ban expires on MONDAY.WOOO HOOO. Give me them evil looking guns. . that will be 4 AK's and 10 30 rd clips please. :up:

Latest posts