United Express Starts Service to Huntsville, Alabama

Cosmo

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
United issued a press release this morning announcing that it would start serving Huntsville in 2007. Once daily DEN service with SkyWest CR7s (with explus) starts February 14 and twice daily IAD service with Mesa CRJs starts April 9. The new IAD service should take advantage of the large number of government employees and contractors (especially from NASA) traveling between the two cities.

This is the second city in Alabama to be served by United Express (in addition to Birmingham).

You can read the press release here.

United issued a press release this morning announcing that it would start serving Huntsville in 2007. Once daily DEN service with SkyWest CR7s (with explus) starts February 14 and twice daily IAD service with Mesa CRJs starts April 9. The new IAD service should take advantage of the large number of government employees and contractors (especially from NASA) traveling between the two cities.

BFD....just a resurrection of service from back in the 60's when they flew Viscounts into HSV.

I find it interesting that a Mesa CRJ will sit in HSV from 5:55pm until 8:45am the next day, every day. Is there MX in HSV??? - otherwise, thats a poor use of aircraft...

I find it interesting that a Mesa CRJ will sit in HSV from 5:55pm until 8:45am the next day, every day. Is there MX in HSV??? - otherwise, thats a poor use of aircraft...

I agree, poor use of a/c, but mesa mgmt and J.O. has never been the brain trust. On another note, while on the overnight, NASA researchers will be conducting studies on the Mesa crews to include circadian rythms, and why they can fly so much for so little money!

I agree, poor use of a/c, but mesa mgmt and J.O. has never been the brain trust. On another note, while on the overnight, NASA researchers will be conducting studies on the Mesa crews to include circadian rythms, and why they can fly so much for so little money!

FYI all of the express flying is scheduled at WHQ (except fro Colgan and some non-contract Skywest flying in the Pac NW). Mesa and other UAX carriers only has to commit crews and aircraft.

i think it is interesting they chose to go into hsv. ux pulled out of tri when they had a 26% yield over profit at the station when they pulled out. so who knows...ua hasn't been making a lot of wise decisions lately....