United for AMFA

gtd

Advanced
Dec 17, 2009
The time has come to say enough is enough! A grassroots effort has begun. We can no longer stand by as the IBT sides with the company and abandons the AMTs and Related at UAL. We are ready to take back our destiny. It's time for the return of democracy and accountability. It's time for AMFA. Visit our website at UNITEDforAMFA.com

Reactions: 9 people
I was wondering just how long it would take to get to this point.  We tried explaining to our fellow mechanics at UAL about how the teamsters will promise everything in the world to get enough votes to get in and not deliver on any of them once they are in.  
What has taken place lately that is triggering the card drive?  I have read some updates on the teamsters airline division sites and they seem to be very vague.  Are they even following thru with ANY of the teamsters promises from the card drive back in 2008?  I remember the promise (not just a promise, but a garrentee) that the teamsters will get top of industry including better than SWA mechs. Also promised to get a pension for the UAL mechanics, has that happened yet?  Has anything been produced from their promises that were made during their card drive?  They always never do produce. We all tried to warn you guys.  Good luck to you all, hope you can get it done again...

Reactions: 3 people
gtd said:
The time has come to say enough is enough! A grassroots effort has begun. We can no longer stand by as the IBT sides with the company and abandons the AMTs and Related at UAL. We are ready to take back our destiny. It's time for the return of democracy and accountability. It's time for AMFA. Visit our website at UNITEDforAMFA.com

GT

I hope that you guys have better luck than we have had with our group.

Bringing back AMFA to a Large carrier will give AMFA a boost and then maybe some changes to the constitution can be made to bring a organizing committee to AMFA can be added.
Then we as a craft won't be just looking out for our own little piece of the pie.
You do have some leaders from the past there maybe the lies from the IBT will stir a movement and it will bring you a class and craft union.

Reactions: 2 people
AMFAinMIAMI said:
maintenance thread Josh, it concerns mechanics at United which you are not.
Thanks but was just providing the link for background on the history at UA.

Josh

737823 said:
Thanks but was just providing the link for background on the history at UA.

Josh

CARL FINAMORE was president at IAM local 1781 in SFO and lost thousands of members when the mechanics went AMFA.

He is way more than biased in this case, and there are far more historically accurate takes on what really happened at UAL.

FWIW

We just couldn't wait any longer. The latest update was the IBT Airline Division wanted to Hijack the negotiations from our negotiator made up of UAL AMTs and Related. Also, the IBT is now pushing hard on their Teamster Sponsored health care plan "TEAMCARE." Sound familiar? The fire has been lit my friends. AMFA is Rising. We join our brothers at AA/USAIR in bringing back respect and professionalism to our craft. Power to the AMT! GT

Reactions: 5 people
gtd said:
We just couldn't wait any longer. The latest update was the IBT Airline Division wanted to Hijack the negotiations from our negotiator made up of UAL AMTs and Related. Also, the IBT is now pushing hard on their Teamster Sponsored health care plan "TEAMCARE." Sound familiar? The fire has been lit my friends. AMFA is Rising. We join our brothers at AA/USAIR in bringing back respect and professionalism to our craft. Power to the AMT! GT
Now that you mention it GT. I do remember another promise by the ibt/teamsters back at the drive at UAL. It was exactly what you are talking about above. They promised to install UAL AMT's and Related Negotiators.  This (I believe) was one of the big movers to get the teamsters in.  And now they (the ibt/teamsters) are pulling rank and pushing them to the side.  Typical teamsters movement. I see you mention "Hijacked Negotiations" from your regular negotiator?  Is this true?  It again sounds like the typical teamsters move when they are not getting the results they want which is never in the members favor, and always in the teamsters favor.  this TEAMCARE you mention, they are obviously getting some sort of kick back, percentile, or some sort of income from this "TEAMCARE" that they want you all to go to.  BEWARE folks.  The teamsters only think about their pockets, and they will in fact steal from the members dues to fill their pockets even further.  Just ask any teamster current member or X-member from teamster local 19 in Grapevine Tx...

Reactions: 2 people
The AMFA Card Drive here at UAL has officially kicked off today. What a reception! It truly feels good to now have the opportunity to fix what's broken at UAL. It's the beginning of the end for the IBT and it's a new beginning for the AMTs and Related. We shall overcome. Power to the AMT! GT Davis

Reactions: 4 people
gtd said:
The AMFA Card Drive here at UAL has officially kicked off today. What a reception! It truly feels good to now have the opportunity to fix what's broken at UAL. It's the beginning of the end for the IBT and it's a new beginning for the AMTs and Related. We shall overcome. Power to the AMT! GT Davis
Congrats to you and all the fellow mechanics at UAL.  11-15-14 will mark a new beginning at UAL. Good luck...

I wish all the UAL members the best in their quest of getting AMFA back on the property.  Until our class and craft is under one representation we will not succeed in this industry.

it has come time that we have to make choices for our future.   We all have to decide whether "we are part of the solution or part of the problem".   We can not expect the other guy to do it.  we have to be all in or all out to make this work.

Reactions: 5 people
After a week of collecting cards the response has been great. The common statement is, "finally!" Finally we have a choice. Finally we have hope. Finally we can take back control of our destiny. Visit us at UNITEDforAMFA.com and make a difference. It's time for AMFA. Power to the AMT!

I wish the Tech's at US Airways was smart enough to join the AMFA.
They just keep buying into the IAM B.S.
Seems we are not educated enough to understand how the "association" will benefit us.
It's looking as if the AFL-CIO is the only one going to make out with this alliance $$$$$$.
Having the pension fund in their control has a lot to do with it.