United pulling out of 12 stations

sabre

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
Heard that United is pulling out of BOS, PBI, FLL, and 9 others.
I wonder how BOS is going to shake out in this. Looks like a code share thing doesn''t it?

I don't see pulling out of BOS as a real possibility. They have too much activity there--transcons, ORD, DEN, etc. Unless something else is going on, which we don't know about yet, this would be a real mistake.

Sabre,

Where did you get your information regarding the closing of 12 stations? Don't take this personally, but I am unable to believe this until there is a source to back up the statement. Statements like this is what gets this board all up in arms. Looking for the facts.

Hmmm.......a CRJ on SFO-BOS.........interesting.

I'm assuming Skywest will be the operator and will ask Bombardier to develop an extra long range version of the CRJ capable of doing transcons. The CRJ200XLR? Perhaps we will see CRJs doing transatlantic runs and transpacific runs one day?

Not that I believe there is going to be an RJ on the BOS-SFO route (yet), but I was at our annual end-of-summer neighborhood block party a couple of days ago and was speaking with a Skywest captain who was telling me that he's not sure what the h*ll was going on, but that the company is carrying an excess of RJ pilots for both current and announced future operations and that they are training more as fast as they can. He said that one of his friends had put this question to management, but that all he got was a smile in return.

Something to ponder, I guess.

I thought it was American pulling out of 12 stations.--- More stupid rumers with nothing to back them up