United To Build Up Florida Flights For Winter Travel To Warmer Climates

The flights from MKE will fill up*. People in WI see travel to Florida as some sort of higher calling.

These seem like pretty low risk moves for UAL. If they can cover the DOC's for them, then it's all the better.

*I know LF =/= yield.

That's a pretty bizarre assumption, even for you, Bears. Given the choice of booking on UA or Spirit/Frontier, I know which I'd chose...

Unlike Bears, UA knows exactly how many FF's they have in each of those markets, and I agree with Kev they'll find a way of filling those flights up.

I think its actually a smart move on UA part to try capturing as much revenue as possible where possible and FLA is about as good of a place especially for the snowbirds heading south to warm climates n ski birds wanting north for skiing etc. W business revenue being almost nonexistent why not try get what u can by going outside the box if u will

I think its actually a smart move on UA part to try capturing as much revenue as possible where possible and FLA is about as good of a place especially for the snowbirds heading south to warm climates n ski birds wanting north for skiing etc. W business revenue being almost nonexistent why not try get what u can by going outside the box if u will
Agree. SWA is also picking key markets too with Steam Boat Springs being added for the ski bums headed to Colorado's ski slopes, but will be seasonal until April.
Yes robbed it is smart, follow where the passengers want to go at the time to go.

Agree. SWA is also picking key markets too with Steam Boat Springs being added for the ski bums headed to Colorado's ski slopes, but will be seasonal until April.
Yes robbed it is smart, follow where the passengers want to go at the time to go.
Is Steamboat Springs a new destination for SWA?

Is Steamboat Springs a new destination for SWA?

Yes sir. Starting in Nov. I do believe, but seasonal at first until April 2021. Catering towards all the ski bums headed to the slopes. I have already read some advertisements for SBS and SWA will fly the skis gear for free so should be a huge attractor for passengers with own gear to take.

Reactions: robbedagain
Yes sir. Starting in Nov. I do believe, but seasonal at first until April 2021. Catering towards all the ski bums headed to the slopes. I have already read some advertisements for SBS and SWA will fly the skis gear for free so should be a huge attractor for passengers with own gear to take.
I saw an article today online new service as well....BNA to SJU. SAN to ORF. DCA to PBI I may be missing more but that's what I saw earlier today.

I saw an article today online new service as well....BNA to SJU. SAN to ORF. DCA to PBI I may be missing more but that's what I saw earlier today.

There were some previous announcements made a little while back with additions towards where folks are flying currently as well as into winter months. Since they have the available aircraft to move around as needed they are adding some flights to keep maintaining the middle seats empty (pretty sure this will continue thru end of year, at least) Southwest is all about distancing on the aircraft as it was the #1 priority of the passengers on polls taken by SWA with mask/face coverings and disinfecting and cleanings coming in close 2nd and 3rd, pretty much a tie. They got a much more positive feedback for maintaining the middle seats empty. Passengers are full aware that leaving middle seats empty is not the full 6' distance, but were very supportive of the measures in order to keep flying as long as they did, so Southwest will oblige their wishes to keep them flying.
Also hoping United's added flights down to Florida is a positive move as well. I am thinking IF the airlines can show a slight uptick in flying that congress might have a better feeling about extending the payroll assistance Act 2 thru March 2021.

Excellent point there. I didn't think of that but yea definitely it should at very minimum show airlines are able to put planes on routes outside of connecting hubs to capture what they can n hopefully show Congress they need help or else bec the bread n butter of money still wont be there

I am also thinking congress is worried about burning more money for the extension just to have another wave hit us. But if they start to see an uptick and positive movement now, then maybe they would have an easier decision to make towards the extension. If we are not better by March 2021, and things are not yet picking up, we all are in serious trouble after then, so hoping the extension comes thru to help shave off the involuntary leaves.

TSA's daily boardings are already back up to around 30% of last year, and that's without international or business traffic.

30%?
Good to hear. Thx for the info.
Hopefully we can get to, say, 50% by end of year?