Unusually high number of people getting fired?

BonTemps

Aug 31, 2005
Is it just me or does it seem there is an unusual amount of people getting walked out/fired all over the company? Wondering if upper management is wanting the CSM's to just get rid of whoever they can..

10 DFW FSC's fired last week..

4 agents...

1 CSM (not verified tho)...

Is it just me or does it seem there is an unusual amount of people getting walked out/fired all over the company? Wondering if upper management is wanting the CSM's to just get rid of whoever they can..

10 DFW FSC's fired last week..

4 agents...

1 CSM (not verified tho)...

At JFK, I have noticed an increased number of disciplinary actions and terminations over years past. A few ticket/gate agents have been walked out the door, FSCs, mechanics. A couple of weeks ago two a/c maintenance shift managers caught another a/c maintenance shift manager sleeping and he got fired as well, but mayhave been given the chance to resign....cant confirm however.

But yes, there is an increased effort in terminating employees....not all innocent nevertheless.

We used to see that in management before reduction in force (didn't matter since there's no such thing as recall rights for management).

Maybe it's just as simple as management getting their act together and holding people accountable for not following really basic rules (like staying awake while on the clock)...

We used to see that in management before reduction in force (didn't matter since there's no such thing as recall rights for management).

Maybe it's just as simple as management getting their act together and holding people accountable for not following really basic rules (like staying awake while on the clock)...

True, but it seems to increase during negotiations, especially the current ones which have been going on longer than usual

True, but it seems to increase during negotiations, especially the current ones which have been going on longer than usual

Curious if that's true, or if it's just heightened awareness of everything management does during negotiations...

I'm sure we'll still have the same boneheads here after they are done. They never fire the freaks/weirdos/useless people, they only fire the people everyone likes....especially if it is managers that employees like. Gotta keep the ones around the employees and passengers hate doncha know?

This management team encourages and even pressures people into bending the rules to get the jet out on time, but when something goes wrong they want to ring the guy up! You can't call that holding people accountable to the rules. If you are truly leading your employees you have a fair standard across the board. Punish those that break the rules even when the jet leaves on time, not just when it takes a delay. How about nailing some of the management that tries to coax a guy to do anything to avoid a delay? It will never happen because he made the deadline!

If you see people being coerced to break the rules, why aren't you reporting it to the FAA? Seriously. If you want accountability, go to the watchdog.

If you see people being coerced to break the rules, why aren't you reporting it to the FAA? Seriously. If you want accountability, go to the watchdog.

There are no watchdogs that have teeth, only Foxes.

I've never seen the FAA take action against management for pressuring a guy who then screws up. The FAAs position is they dont care if a manager pressures a mechanic into breaking the rules, they go by who signed what, end of story. We are on our own.

Several reports have been filed, mechanics have been temporarily removed from service for not complying with management directives that were in conflict with company proceedures and our duties as licensed airmen, those same managers are still there retaliating against those mechanics in petty ways such as frivolous CR1 entries and denying CS's.

When theres a question the mechanic is put out of service pending an investigation, when a manager is being investigated he remains in service, free to retaliate against those he feels may deliver damaging testimony against him. They dont even move them to another shift or another station thats 10 miles away.

I do not trust the FAA because in order to get into the FAA you have to come from Management.

Eric,
Bob Owens is right...there have been a slew of complaints to the FAA regarding coercion when it comes to aircraft maintenance.
But that is about to change, because a recent incident at JFK regarding a supervisor ordering a crew chief to release an ETOPS trip BEFORE all the paperwork was complete has finally got the FAA's attention.

Now tell me, WHY would a supervisor risk his license and job?
Maybe pressure from his/her boss?

A big part of the problem is the FAA has a dual role.....PROMOTE the aviation industry and ENFORCE it!