Update on Flight 718/June 16, 2011 (PHL‐FCO)

"Everything that can be invented has been invented"

Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. patent office, 1899 (attributed)

Patience is the key. Scientists, frustrated by their lack of progress or understand, can say some silly things. Further studies in many fields have gradually eroded the divinity out of nature. The sun rises and set because the earth rotates, it rains because water condenses and cannot be held in the air, faulty genes cause defects, germs cause sickness.

If you say they coexist now, I say that science will eventually make religion immaterial.

There is always a logical conclusion to everything. To attribute the unknown and complex to a master architect is short-sighted.

Let's start with the eye argument:

http://www.nature.com/scientificamerican/journal/v305/n1/full/scientificamerican0711-64.html
Of course if you start with the assumption that evolution is the only possible answer you can convince yourself that all of the illogical and vastly improbable steps required to get from point A to point B are somehow not irrational. Speculation and hopeful conjecture doesn't begin to answer these non-trivial issues. Even if they did (which they absolutely have not), having all knowledge about the universe would still not disprove God and there is absolutely no lucid and logical explanation of First Cause (i.e. where did the matter and energy come from for the Big Bang to occur without appealing to a force outside the universe?)

I'm going to let you get in the last word on this because I never wanted to co-opt a thread with this topic. I don't hide my beliefs and will always respond when someone makes an illogical statement about God, but my intent is not to make converts on an internet forum. I'm open to true dialog but not a stalemate which is where we probably are. My guess is that you are perfectly comfortable with your beliefs and my revealing to you the hundreds of hours worth of study and teaching I have done on this subject will not result in a change. I respect that as I was once just as hardened in my atheistic beliefs as you more than likely are. And, I can guarantee you my beliefs in the God of the Bible will not be shaken by talk of dinosaurs (which I have no problem with BTW) and you quoting a multitude of scientists who think they have put the final nail in the coffin of God's work in Creation. In the end I am confident to the extreme that evolution will be proven to have been the greatest hoax every thrust on humanity.

My best to you. Good night.

Of course if you start with the assumption that evolution is the only possible answer you can convince yourself that all of the illogical and vastly improbable steps required to get from point A to point B are somehow not irrational. Speculation and hopeful conjecture doesn't begin to answer these non-trivial issues. Even if they did (which they absolutely have not), having all knowledge about the universe would still not disprove God and there is absolutely no lucid and logical explanation of First Cause (i.e. where did the matter and energy come from for the Big Bang to occur without appealing to a force outside the universe?)

I'm going to let you get in the last word on this because I never wanted to co-opt a thread with this topic. I don't hide my beliefs and will always respond when someone makes an illogical statement about God, but my intent is not to make converts on an internet forum. I'm open to true dialog but not a stalemate which is where we probably are. My guess is that you are perfectly comfortable with your beliefs and my revealing to you the hundreds of hours worth of study and teaching I have done on this subject will not result in a change. I respect that as I was once just as hardened in my atheistic beliefs as you more than likely are. And, I can guarantee you my beliefs in the God of the Bible will not be shaken by talk of dinosaurs (which I have no problem with BTW) and you quoting a multitude of scientists who think they have put the final nail in the coffin of God's work in Creation. In the end I am confident to the extreme that evolution will be proven to have been the greatest hoax every thrust on humanity.

This didn't start out as an apologetics thread, but here it is.

Driver

How about reincarnation? If there is such a thing as reincarnation I would like to come back as an orangatan so that I can reach the cockpit door from my seat and also the fdml when it is located in its most inconvenient holder.

Bob

How about reincarnation? If there is such a thing as reincarnation I would like to come back as an orangatan so that I can reach the cockpit door from my seat and also the fdml when it is located in its most inconvenient holder.

Bob

Yeah but then your seat won't go back far enough to comfortably grasp the yoke - and forget the rudder pedals.