Upgrading On X-mas Eve

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
For my grandparents 50th wedding aniversary, they are being surprised with a weeklong trip to Buenos Aires. They are leaving, with four other family members, on AA 909 on Christmas Eve. I wanted to surprise them with upgrades. Now, short of purchasing near full-fare business/first fares (they are going on an all-inclusive package, which I'm sure probably means bargain basement Y fares), what's the best way to upgrade them? I have AA miles, but I'm definitley not an expert at maximizing my use of them, and can they be used by me to upgrade others? And is there any way to not let them know until they check in?

thanks and happy holidays

MAH4546 said:
For my grandparents 50th wedding aniversary, they are being surprised with a weeklong trip to Buenos Aires. They are leaving, with four other family members, on AA 909 on Christmas Eve. I wanted to surprise them with upgrades. Now, short of purchasing near full-fare business/first fares (they are going on an all-inclusive package, which I'm sure probably means bargain basement Y fares), what's the best way to upgrade them? I have AA miles, but I'm definitley not an expert at maximizing my use of them, and can they be used by me to upgrade others? And is there any way to not let them know until they check in?

thanks and happy holidays
[post="230856"][/post]​

You should be able to use mileage to upgrade them, but it is quite pricey to upgrade from the discounted coach fare. Call the advantage desk.

Latest posts