UPS Mechanics get contract extension with raises and pension increases.

SWAMECH

Veteran
Apr 26, 2005
CONGRATS to all the UPS Mechanics for getting a new contract extension for smooth sailing going forward. Pretty sure this new 3 year extension will get them to the $70 hourly rate at end of extension.
If the majority is ok with a contract extension, then so be it.
Hopefully we are looking at a contract extension as well...

CONGRATS to all the UPS Mechanics for getting a new contract extension for smooth sailing going forward. Pretty sure this new 3 year extension will get them to the $70 hourly rate at end of extension.
If the majority is ok with a contract extension, then so be it.
Hopefully we are looking at a contract extension as well...

Are you kidding? Did you even read what you posted? I sometimes think the IBT sucks just as bad as AMFA and especially if you’d want the same deal. A 3 year extension at only 3.3% per year when inflation is close to 9% in just this year alone. UPS makes crazy money too and you think it’s ok for an extension that pays peanuts? Wow.

You need to get out more I think.

Reactions: air6dgo
UPS revenue for the twelve months ending June 30, 2022 was $100.099B, a 8.25% increase year-over-year. UPS annual revenue for 2021 was $97.287B, a 14.96% increase from 2020. UPS annual revenue for 2020 was $84.628B, a 14.22% increase from 2019.

I think UPS is counting on the fear of a deeper recession to get this passed.

UPS revenue for the twelve months ending June 30, 2022 was $100.099B, a 8.25% increase year-over-year. UPS annual revenue for 2021 was $97.287B, a 14.96% increase from 2020. UPS annual revenue for 2020 was $84.628B, a 14.22% increase from 2019.

I think UPS is counting on the fear of a deeper recession to get this passed.
So, to the main question, is the membership on board with this extension offer? If not, and the raise offers are too low say so with a huge no vote. BTW: what are the pension and retirement increases they are offering?? Any shared info would be greatly appreciated.

So, to the main question, is the membership on board with this extension offer? If not, and the raise offers are too low say so with a huge no vote. BTW: what are the pension and retirement increases they are offering?? Any shared info would be greatly appreciated.
LU2727 members will continue to receive 3.3% wage increases through May 1, 2026 and receive a .5% Pension increase beginning November 1, 2025 under the 2022 Extension Agreement. Most members are not in favor of the low wage and pension increase. However what they say and what they do. This extension vote is a once and done and ups is well know for draging their feet on negotiating a contract. (Thanks RLA)

LU2727 members will continue to receive 3.3% wage increases through May 1, 2026 and receive a .5% Pension increase beginning November 1, 2025 under the 2022 Extension Agreement. Most members are not in favor of the low wage and pension increase. However what they say and what they do. This extension vote is a once and done and ups is well know for draging their feet on negotiating a contract. (Thanks RLA)

The RLA is absolutely not our friend. Watching CNBC they want the wage inflation to drop thinking a lot of other inflation will drop along with it. They’re also pushing a narrative to reach 6% unemployment from the 3% the Country is at now. BTW how much of that raise is going to be ate up by rising medical costs? At AA our medical for next year is going up 13.2% on the plans most employees belong to.

I think if you vote yes UPS Management knows they probably got you on the cheap? FedEx just announced they’re raising their shipping rates. UPS will absolutely follow suit.

I too thought the 3.3% was a bit low. With the way inflation is occurring, a more reasonable Cola, if ya will would be more like the 4-6% range and maybe even more, unless, they were to throw a bigger % at the first year to help offset that. I would also take into consideration that the UPS Aircraft Mechanics ARE the top paid aviation mechanics out there currently.
Even our AAT's just was handed an extension agreement where they will get an upfront increase of 12% and the usual average % for each year thereafter. However, that was after they shot down a lower previous offer, and the company came back and doubled the first years raise.
I will predict a NO vote to prevail for the UPS Mechanics. I would expect a more average range each year in the 5-8% range with the way the cost of living is still increasing...