US 332 CLT-BOS-CLT eff 03/05/14

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
US 1783 20:15 CLT 20:19 BOS 332
US 752 07:40 BOS 10:09 CLT 332

Never seen US domestic widebody service to BOS, all other major carriers have had scheduled domestic service into BOS in the past decade except CO and US. Does US currently have adequate equipment, facilities, and personnel to handle this aircraft? Very surprising they are operating the aircraft into BOS particularly on this schedule when it could be used for a more lucrative international route. A few years back AA sent a daily 772 MIA-BOS-MIA that would otherwise sit in MIA all day between EZE/GRU/GIG/LHR/SCL/etc flying so they sent it to BOS as a turn but this will RON. AA has also operated 763s to LAX off and on in the recent past but not in the current schedule.

Josh

Reactions: 2 people
US flew the 767 from CLT and or PIT, and it continued to FRA and back.

And I think you have a typo in the times, its not a four minute flight from CLT to BOS. 

737823 said:
US 1783 20:15 CLT 20:19 BOS 332
US 752 07:40 BOS 10:09 CLT 332

Never seen US domestic widebody service to BOS, all other major carriers have had scheduled domestic service into BOS in the past decade except CO and US. Does US currently have adequate equipment, facilities, and personnel to handle this aircraft? Very surprising they are operating the aircraft into BOS particularly on this schedule when it could be used for a more lucrative international route. A few years back AA sent a daily 772 MIA-BOS-MIA that would otherwise sit in MIA all day between EZE/GRU/GIG/LHR/SCL/etc flying so they sent it to BOS as a turn but this will RON. AA has also operated 763s to LAX off and on in the recent past but not in the current schedule.

Josh

US has widebody capable gates, and if they dont have the equipment at the moment, they will get it there, just like PHX.

And working a widebody is easier than a narrowbody.

Who cares? Above our paygrades. If mgmt wants to run a big airplane into a inadequate facility it should be good for a laugh.

Reactions: 2 people
BOS is a small station for US, while it's great they are sending the newer big plane here Id much rather see it on LAX or MIA or better yet AA 763/777 back. Just strikes me as odd they're operating it this way when the A/C will sit for ten hours and could be sent to Europe or Brazil doe a more lucrative route. I could understand a turn like AA did for MIA on 772 or the LAX 763 but this is puzzling.

Josh

Reactions: 1 person
Any update? Will BOS get the training and equipment necessary? Has 141 a grievance like for PHX?

Josh

The US fleet service will be working the plane in BOS and PHX, why would a grievance be filed?

And what does that have to do with it?

You were told by the PHX AGC that PHX fleet is getting the equipment and being trained, the same will go for BOS.

You are just a fecal matter stirrer with a hidden agenda.

700UW said:
And what does that have to do with it? You were told by the PHX AGC that PHX fleet is getting the equipment and being trained, the same will go for BOS. You are just a fecal matter stirrer with a hidden agenda.
Not stirring the pot, I don't even know if the B-1 gates are able to accommodate aircraft that size. AA has operated widebodies to BOS-domestic and international-USAIR hasn't in a long time.

Josh

You have been told on more than one occasion that it's IAM Fleet covered work and US use to fly BOS to FRA using a 767, so BOS has had widebody service from US before.

Like I said you are just stirring the pot and have a hidden agenda.

700UW said:
You have been told on more than one occasion that it's IAM Fleet covered work and US use to fly BOS to FRA using a 767, so BOS has had widebody service from US before. Like I said you are just stirring the pot and have a hidden agenda.
Hidden agenda? That's a serious charge. Do you have facts to back that one up?

Josh