US 767 fleet

Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Hey, can someone with access to DEC run an RGF on the 767s and post the hours and cycles? Hard to believe that it has been almost 26 years since PI took delivery of the first ones.

(Imagine the changes that a 20 year employee would have seen back then. From a local service carrier still running Martinliners and F27s ( and just getting jets) on hopscotching flights across mostly the mid-South to a hub and spoke carrier (4 hubs)running widebodies across the Atlantic and eight time zones. )

Just consider that they're well used enough that the 2012 annual report mentioned that 3 of them would be retired this year as US takes delivery of more A330-200's.....

Reactions: 1 person
Just consider that they're well used enough that the 2012 annual report mentioned that 3 of them would be retired this year as US takes delivery of more A330-200's.....

Update from the Company says NO 767's leaving in 2013, 3 to go in Jan 14. But that was two weeks ago, so they could change their mind. They originally were not scheduled to go until early 2017. But since nobody wants them, the leases (starting this Fall I am told) are very easy to extend as needed.

All said, they are history. 5 330's this year and at least 3 next year allows them to pretty much trash the 76 fleet over the next year and a half. I don’t like it, but who did not expect this? And I expect the old 737-400s to go early soon also. Aug 2014 seems way too far away for them to survive.

Greeter

Reactions: 2 people
Hey, can someone with access to DEC run an RGF on the 767s and post the hours and cycles? Hard to believe that it has been almost 26 years since PI took delivery of the first ones.

(Imagine the changes that a 20 year employee would have seen back then. From a local service carrier still running Martinliners and F27s ( and just getting jets) on hopscotching flights across mostly the mid-South to a hub and spoke carrier (4 hubs)running widebodies across the Atlantic and eight time zones. )
I joke all of the time... we took delivery of these tired old jets in 1957... before I was born... ! LOL actually we took delivery of these jets. when I was based in BWI not sure of the year but I was new! I started flying in 83... I loved that 67... we went non stop from BWI to LAX... and back lol... miss those days...

I joke all of the time... we took delivery of these tired old jets in 1957... before I was born... ! LOL actually we took delivery of these jets. when I was based in BWI not sure of the year but I was new! I started flying in 83... I loved that 67... we went non stop from BWI to LAX... and back lol... miss those days...

We also went from BWI to London... we did the wet lease.... who remembers that????

Both LGW flights originated from TPA, and I worked the Wet Lease in CLT as Utility.

Lots of times we would have to switch planes from a wet lease one to a regular US plane of vice versa, and the station manager for BA, Nancy would always buy us dinner the next time for doing such a great job.

It wasnt BA's planes, there were three US planes painted in BA's livery staffed with US' crews.

2232990.jpg

Latest posts