US 767's widebody jet coming in Phoenix

Diamondbacks2004

Advanced
Mar 29, 2004
My friend told me that he know that they use their Boeing 767s for Eurpoean service, but it would seem as though there are plans in the near future to send them to PHX US Airways hub at Phoenix-Sky Harbor International Airport. He was working at the end of the A concourse today and as he was pulling the jetway back at gate A14. He noticed that the J-line had been repainted. There is now a spot marked for the parking of a 767 and also a spot marked for the parking of an A321. Currently, the actual US Airways-East only uses gates B12-14.

Does this mean that 767s widebody jet are coming to PHX soon? If anyone knows anything, speak up!

upgrade fleet to Hawaii or special charter flight????

This has all ready been discussed.

US does not have enough 767s for the European routes, PHX wont see a regular scheduled 767 for a long time.

US had to aquire 757s to expand Europe, and then they are in the off season the fly the 767 to the Carribean and one goes into Heavy Mtc.

whatever happened to the one that had to have anew wing replacement a few yrs back in phl? was it ever accomplished or did they scrap the whol plane?

The plane was scrapped, it was beyond repair and US salvaged some parts from it and I believe the fuselage is now the new fire trainer for the PHL airport.

Won't happen anytime soon, we barely make the European schedule with the planes we have, no spares at this time.

A321's already go to PHX, so I guess they just added the paint line at the jetway so it could be used for that aircraft when needed. The 767 line is probably for any times that the 767 might make a trip to PHX (irregular ops, charter, etc.), but as many have said - don't expect it on the schedule anytime soon.

If you dont have any FMCs, dollies or containers (LD3 and LD8) or pallets and dollies for them, I doubt you will see a 767 out there anytime soon.

If you dont have any FMCs, dollies or containers (LD3 and LD8) or pallets and dollies for them, I doubt you will see a 767 out there anytime soon.

DUh, your stooopidity is shining through brightly today!!!!
How do you think we loaded the 47's back in the day????
and before you say it, we did BA's 47's and 777's until recently and we did HA' 67's until last month... we gots lots of stuff here in PHX, we are alot more INTERNATIONAL than you think. You do not have a monopoly on intl flying, it is nothing special....

we even have a few 47 engs around.. betcha you don't have any......

besides, who says that the loads and monet from bumping up service to HI. could be better than leaving them on europe routes where the money may not be as great, more 57's could take up the slack ...

But was that US equiptment?
Or were we "borrowing" it?
FMC's. Dollie's, and LD's aren't cheap.
Hell, let's just borrow a 747 and fly that!

But was that US equiptment?
Or were we "borrowing" it?
FMC's. Dollie's, and LD's aren't cheap.
Hell, let's just borrow a 747 and fly that!

it is HP's, but i guess one could call it US's stuff since we all are one big happy...
they are not cheap, there are 3 up and running, one not so "up"

at about 250k a pop, not many Commanders will be sitting around

And how many 74's do you have today(or in the last couple of years)? Not trying to be confrontational but.....be real.

whatever happened to the one that had to have anew wing replacement a few yrs back in phl? was it ever accomplished or did they scrap the whol plane?

N654US was fire damaged but repairable by Boeing standards.
The insurance company however preferred her be written off.
There was never a procedure done for wing repair of that nature on 767. N654US was painted gray then stripped of all usable parts. The hull was towed to the FBO where she served as a TSA trainer for air marshall training. Afterwards her gear was taken off and she was scrapped and carted off to Camden Iron and Metal.

and before you say it, we did BA's 47's and 777's until recently and we did HA' 67's until last month... we gots lots of stuff here in PHX, we are alot more INTERNATIONAL than you think. You do not have a monopoly on intl flying, it is nothing special....

we even have a few 47 engs around.. betcha you don't have any......

besides, who says that the loads and monet from bumping up service to HI. could be better than leaving them on europe routes where the money may not be as great, more 57's could take up the slack ...

The 767-200 is fine where it is . Running them on a free ticket runs with minimal cargo would be a waste of metal. I agree the 256000 MTOW 757 might work on runs to SNN,DUB,GLA but the return trip bucking the headwinds will call for high fuel loads or even stops in Canada.Also the payload will be cut meaning people may be denied boarding due to these restrictions.

The 767 is also called upon to move cargo and pax to BDA,SJU. With the loss of N654 and the return of N647 the east side fleet in -2 767's. Moving 2 of them HNL or OGG service would not be smart. Besides with out support parts for them in PHX or LAX they would be too far off the beat and path if something major was to happen.