US AFA Votes Yes

usfliboi

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
Dear Members,
JOINT MEC MEETING CONCLUDES WITH DECISION TO SEND THE TENTATIVE AGREEMENT TO THE MEMBERS FOR A RATIFICATION VOTE

Accessing The Hub

AFA Local Numbers

JOINT MEC MEETING CONCLUDES WITH DECISION TO SEND THE TENTATIVE AGREEMENT TO THE MEMBERS FOR A RATIFICATION VOTE

The members of the East and West Master Executive Councils (MEC) concluded two days of meetings in CLT to review the Tentative Agreement and make a decision whether or not to send the TA to the members for a ratification vote.

The voting members of the East MEC are:

Council 41 Local President, Dianne Britton
Council 70 Local President, Terry Graf
Council 89 Local President, Cathy Campbell

Council 70 President Terry Graf made a motion for the East MEC to send the TA out for a ratification vote with a "neutral" recommendation. Council 41 President Dianne Britton seconded the motion. The vote was 2 to 1 with Council 89 President Cathy Campbell voting no on the motion.

Ms. Campbell declared a "division of the house" - a parliamentary procedure to clarify her vote. Ms. Campbell stated she voted no on the motion because although she was in favor of sending the TA out for a vote she wanted it on record that she was recommending that members of Council 89 vote "NO" for the TA.

Because the motion carried 2-1, the TA will be sent to the East members for a ratification vote.

West MEC President, Deborah Volpe voted to send the TA to the members of Council 66 for a ratification vote.

The process of ratification will now begin. Initially you will receive a summary of the TA followed by, a more thorough discussion. The entire TA will be posted on the AFA web sites and on Wings. An extensive road show schedule is being planned. More information will be made available beginning tomorrow.

Thank you,

The US Airways Master Executive Council

AFA-CWA

Council 66 Sends Tentative Agreement to Membership

The West and East Master Executive Councils met in CLT yesterday and today to review the Tentative Agreement. Today, the West and East MEC's voted and agreed to send the TA out to our members for their review and consideration. In the next few days, you will receive additional information about Roadshows and when details of the TA will be released. Be assured, you will have the entire TA available via the West and East MEC websites in addition to being available on Wings.

There will be ample time for you to review the TA prior to the commencement of the Roadshows. TA summaries will also be made available and mailed to your homes. We advise all of our members to read the entire TA in order to have your questions ready for Roadshows. Now we can proceed with preparing the TA for your consideration.

AFA Council 66 unanimously voted to send the TA out to our members for a ratification vote. It's a comprehensive agreement with many significant improvements, but will also contain areas of difficulty. PHL and DCA Presidents voted to send it out with a neutral vote. The CLT Local President voted to send it out, but with a recommendation for her members in CLT to vote no.

The West and East MEC's will be attending the AFA Board of Director's meeting this upcoming weekend and into next week. Communication regarding the TA will continue. Our LEC meeting is this Friday, February 3rd, from 1pm until 4pm at the MEC Office and is dedicated to information outlining 43 Advanced Agenda Items for the AFA BOD. Because information on the TA has yet to be sent out to the East and West Flight Attendants, the TA will not be on the agenda.

The ratification process will now begin. Initially, you will receive a summary of the TA followed by a more thorough discussion. The entire TA will be posted on the AFA web sites and on Wings. An extensive Roadshow schedule is being planned. More information will be made available beginning tomorrow. You will receive voting materials and instructions in the upcoming weeks.

MEC President, Deborah Volpe [email protected]
MEC Secretary-Treasurer, Brian Clark [email protected]
LEC Council Representative, Leslie Lara [email protected]
LEC Council Representative, Nicole Sartain [email protected]

AFA Council 66 Website www.afa66.org

Council 66 Sends Tentative Agreement to Membership

The West and East Master Executive Councils met in CLT yesterday and today to review the Tentative Agreement. Today, the West and East MEC's voted and agreed to send the TA out to our members for their review and consideration. In the next few days, you will receive additional information about Roadshows and when details of the TA will be released. Be assured, you will have the entire TA available via the West and East MEC websites in addition to being available on Wings.

There will be ample time for you to review the TA prior to the commencement of the Roadshows. TA summaries will also be made available and mailed to your homes. We advise all of our members to read the entire TA in order to have your questions ready for Roadshows. Now we can proceed with preparing the TA for your consideration.

AFA Council 66 unanimously voted to send the TA out to our members for a ratification vote. It's a comprehensive agreement with many significant improvements, but will also contain areas of difficulty. PHL and DCA Presidents voted to send it out with a neutral vote. The CLT Local President voted to send it out, but with a recommendation for her members in CLT to vote no.

The West and East MEC's will be attending the AFA Board of Director's meeting this upcoming weekend and into next week. Communication regarding the TA will continue. Our LEC meeting is this Friday, February 3rd, from 1pm until 4pm at the MEC Office and is dedicated to information outlining 43 Advanced Agenda Items for the AFA BOD. Because information on the TA has yet to be sent out to the East and West Flight Attendants, the TA will not be on the agenda.

The ratification process will now begin. Initially, you will receive a summary of the TA followed by a more thorough discussion. The entire TA will be posted on the AFA web sites and on Wings. An extensive Roadshow schedule is being planned. More information will be made available beginning tomorrow. You will receive voting materials and instructions in the upcoming weeks.

MEC President, Deborah Volpe [email protected]
MEC Secretary-Treasurer, Brian Clark [email protected]
LEC Council Representative, Leslie Lara [email protected]
LEC Council Representative, Nicole Sartain [email protected]

AFA Council 66 Website www.afa66.org

Not too surprising. Although from everything everyone says here, it a surprise that the Charlotte leader actually clarified that she wants her folks to vote no. All the talk from Philly was just that it would appear. The Phoenix vote was a given considering the conflict of interest with the west MEC leader and negotiator being the one to also cast the vote on sending it out. The burden is now on the members as was expected!

Not too surprising. Although from everything everyone says here, it a surprise that the Charlotte leader actually clarified that she wants her folks to vote no. All the talk from Philly was just that it would appear. The Phoenix vote was a given considering the conflict of interest with the west MEC leader and negotiator being the one to also cast the vote on sending it out. The burden is now on the members as was expected!

Thats where the burden should be ...US ..Ms Campbell is just trying to hold on to her job... LOL
Politics!

Reactions: 1 person
Dear Members,

Accessing The Hub

AFA Local Numbers

The members of the East and West Master Executive Councils (MEC) concluded two days of meetings in CLT to review the Tentative Agreement and make a decision whether or not to send the TA to the members for a ratification vote.

Council 70 President Terry Graf made a motion for the East MEC to send the TA out for a ratification vote with a "neutral" recommendation. Council 41 President Dianne Britton seconded the motion. The vote was 2 to 1 with Council 89 President Cathy Campbell voting no on the motion.

Ms. Campbell declared a "division of the house" - a parliamentary procedure to clarify her vote. Ms. Campbell stated she voted no on the motion because although she was in favor of sending the TA out for a vote she wanted it on record that she was recommending that members of Council 89 vote "NO" for the TA.

Because the motion carried 2-1, the TA will be sent to the East members for a ratification vote.

West MEC President, Deborah Volpe voted to send the TA to the members of Council 66 for a ratification vote.

The process of ratification will now begin. Initially you will receive a summary of the TA followed by, a more thorough discussion. The entire TA will be posted on the AFA web sites and on Wings. An extensive road show schedule is being planned. More information will be made available beginning tomorrow.

Thank you,

AFA-CWA

Good for Cathy.....I'm glad she made her voice clear.

Now, why would you say that?

Her loyality is with the pilots... She wants the F/A group to send a message because she wants to take up for her other half.... Politics.... I hate Politics! Just saying .. Nothing personal though towards her Im sure she is a great wife!

Her loyality is with the pilots... She wants the F/A group to send a message because she wants to take up for her other half.... Politics.... I hate Politics! Just saying .. Nothing personal though towards her Im sure she is a great wife!

Well, ya know, you might want to take that up with her.....Sounds like you're just trying to get real personal..which in this case is just not called for.

We have a lot to go over and taking pot shots at one of our LEC presidents is just uncool.

Go home and sleep it off.

The AFA MEC/LEC recommendations of "neutral" are to be expected nowadays! :ph34r:

Since 2001 or so and all the industry BK's, furloughs, givebacks etc...councils are quite reluctant to send out a "yes" stamp on TA's lest they get major egg on their faces and/or general backlash. It is much less trouble (and i would argue more democratic) to let the membership decide after full presentation of facts. It is just the way it is anymore. I believe the new UA AFA TA went out without a
"Yes" recommendation as well?

If I am wrong on that please correct. :unsure: Anyway it could be that WN has sent out "yes" recs on theirs' but that would be expected I suppose. When every agreement contains (often) significant improvements it is easier.

Reactions: 1 person
Well, ya know, you might want to take that up with her.....Sounds like you're just trying to get real personal..which in this case is just not called for.

We have a lot to go over and taking pot shots at one of our LEC presidents is just uncool.

Go home and sleep it off.

No pot shots...just saying what will happen in my humble opinion! I stand by my comments!

No pot shots...just saying what will happen in my humble opinion! I stand by my comments!

I am always somewhat amused when f/as trash union leaders.

I may not agree with much or anything at times, but as far as I am concerned, kudos to them for doing a job that I would last all of five minutes in.

Trying to advocate for this rowdy bunch? Fuggedaboutit.

IMHO, it is absolutely vital that whatever the vote is, the turnout be high. If it's a NO< then it should be a resounding NO, not a whimper.

If it's a YES, then the same should apply. We haven't all waited seven years to allow someone else to make the decision. And remember, it has been a long seven years, don't sell yourself or other FAs short. We deserve an industry standard wage and benefits, and we do not deserve to take ANY concessions.

VOTE.

Reactions: 4 people
Dear Members,

Accessing The Hub

AFA Local Numbers

Thank you,

AFA-CWA

I'm sorry but any elected union "leader" that can't muster a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" deserves the same fate that the milk toast ALPOIDS received. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that if ever the membership should vote "NO" it is now.

I'm sorry but any elected union "leader" that can't muster a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" deserves the same fate that the milk toast ALPOIDS received. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that if ever the membership should vote "NO" it is now.
Maybe the east pilot's can show them how it's done. lol clowns.

Reactions: 2 people