Us Air Close To $100 Million In New Liquidity

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Today, US Airways is expected to cross another hurdle by completing a deal for $100 million in new equity necessary to keep a financing deal with General Electric, which has made $140 million in cash available to US Airways while agreeing to defer aircraft lease payments.

"We have come a tremendously long way despite tremendous odds," said US Airways pilots chairman Bill Pollock, who also serves on the airline's board.

"All these hip-pocket experts are taking shots at us at every opportunity, [but] if you think about it, this company is taking steps that are actually working. We are really close to being able to complete agreements that will position us to be competitive for the long term."

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

You still have not responded to my statement that Pollock is conflicted three-ways from Sunday being both a Union president and a BOD member...

Bah, I just figured it out. You want Pollock's seat on the BOD so that is why you are playing kissy face with management while you wait for Pollock to figure out he has a conflict.

hp_fa said:
You still have not responded to my statement that Pollock is conflicted three-ways from Sunday being both a Union president and a BOD member...

Bah, I just figured it out. You want Pollock's seat on the BOD so that is why you are playing kissy face with management while you wait for Pollock to figure out he has a conflict.
[post="239102"][/post]​

WTFO? :blink:

i'm glad that usair has beaten the odds for the most part and may be this time it will be usair stickin the fork into the clueless analysts who dont know anything about the airlines anyway. see how mad they get when usair pulls this off!

I guess I'm a moron, but I don't understand who is giving them the $200m in equity to satisfy GE's financing requirement.

Maybe GE is giving them the $200 million itself to meet its own requirements? That makes a lot of sense. :lol:

Latest posts