Us Air To Delay Airbus Plane Deliveries

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Air to Delay Airbus Plane Deliveries

See Story

USA320Pilot comments: Another creditor helps improve the company's finances, contributes to $100 million in additional liquidity required by the GE agreement, and supports the airline's formal reorganization.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

It is my understanding that following bankruptcy emergence US Airways intends to order A330 aircraft for B767 replacement and South American expansion.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

With who's money???????? HUH? Certainly not USAIR's. Oh yeah I forgot the taxpayers. Have you looked at the industry lately. AMR delayed planes, Delta did the same CAL getting ready to cancel 7E7. USAir can't afford to even buy RJ's pal.

Regards :down:

boeing787 said:
With who's money???????? HUH? Certainly not USAIR's. Oh yeah I forgot the taxpayers. Have you looked at the industry lately. AMR delayed planes, Delta did the same CAL getting ready to cancel 7E7. USAir can't afford to even buy RJ's pal.

[post="240621"][/post]​

Can anyone imagine who is going to front the money for US to lease additional A330 aircraft?

Expansion into South America.. From where first of all.

On top of that you need to have money. It takes money, cash, to move into South America.. US is having a hard enough time getting FLL operations off the ground and now your talking about adding service into a foreign county were cash is king and BK airlines are a dime a dozen!! Your nuts.

This place is bleeding to death and all you can think of is how much money your going to make flying the A330.. Like a typical pilot you live in a dream world.. Simple as that..

You have 6 years to go to get back to where you were 2 months ago.. six years with no escape clause in your contract.. None.. US Airways makes millions of dollars you are going to get a little profit sharing check and they will get the rest.. And you can bet that Dr Bone and his team will do everything they can think of to make sure that your profit sharing check is as small as possible..

They don't want to share the wealth they just want to show the world they can bone every single union at US Airways.. It's simply a test..

boeing787 said:

[post="240621"][/post]​

Stop ridiculing US Airways, they are the best company in the world.

Justamechanic, pilots living in a dream world? How about licensed mechanics pushing airplanes back from the gate for the last how many years? How about IAM cleaners earning high dollars to "clean" airplanes...we all know the origions of that was so that mechanics could sand bag their buddies until a "real" mechanics position came available (back in the 70s). People living in glass houses should not throw stones.

autofixer said:
Justamechanic, pilots living in a dream world? How about licensed mechanics pushing airplanes back from the gate for the last how many years? How about IAM cleaners earning high dollars to "clean" airplanes...we all know the origions of that was so that mechanics could sand bag their buddies until a "real" mechanics position came available (back in the 70s). People living in glass houses should not throw stones.
[post="240666"][/post]​

Dude,

When was the last time you saw a US Airways mechanic pushing a plane back? That was like two give backs ago!! Get real.

The correct action the company took a few years ago and the union fought was to have any IAM represented person available for pushback.. The idea being who ever was near the aircraft when it was time to push.. (ramp, Utility, Mechanic)

That was a no brainer..

If you want to get into it thats not a problem.. As an aircraft mechanic at US Airways I made twice as much as a utility person. Twice. And a pilot?

Do the math. You seem pretty smart.. Do the math.

If over the years a mechanic made twice as much as a Utility person and a pilot made twice as much as a mechanic guess what genius, US Airways would have the lowest costs in the industry.. The company would have made billions..

But no a pilot makes 5 times what a mechanic makes.. 5 times.. Answer that.

i e-mailed bruce ashby about the fleet cancellations. he told me that once the company is stabalized its not hard to find new planes. he said that there was no way we could get big airplanes financed at the state we were in now plane and simple. we have to fix the state of the airline now and then worry about expansion.

etops1 said:
i e-mailed bruce ashby about the fleet cancellations. he told me that once the company is stabalized its not hard to find new planes. he said that there was no way we could get big airplanes financed at the state we were in now plane and simple. we have to fix the state of the airline now and then worry about expansion.
[post="240672"][/post]​

WOW.. This is big news..

We need to stabalize the company before we can buy planes!!

Amazing.. Good thing he has a degree.. Not many of us here on the board
could figure that one out on our own.. I bet he went to Yale..

I just emailed Ashby and gave him another suggestion on how to free up some more cash. Go back to Judge Mitchell and explain to him that due to the high price of oil and low ticket yields the company is in a cash crunch. Ask him to let the company cancel the severence and benefits package just offered to the mechanics and related as U really needs the cash. Just explain how its better screw over 4000 persons vs what is it 25000 now? If not we will liquidate and all will suffer more? :ph34r: I'm sure Mitchell will concur!!!!!!!