Jul 26, 2004
Hey all,

can anyone answer these:

E70 - 72 or 76 seats
E75 - 86 or 88 seats
319 - 124 or 126 seats
321 - 169 or 180 seats

thanks for your help!

e-170 76 seats Republic added 4 more seats at US request and made an already weight sensitive ac even more of a problem . It barely made DCA-MSY/DFW with 72 pax / Now it is wt restricted every day to 70-72 pax and takes DBC for weight almost everyday

e-175 all 86 seats . Regularly takes wt restrictions from 75-80 pax. Almost never is able to carry a full pax load , especially if going to DFW/MSY from DCA

Check the website.

I did, thats why I asked here since they aren't updated.

319 shows "120-124"
E70 shows 72
321 shows 169

but thanks so much for your valuable help.

thanks flybynite for the info.

Crusher,

You answered a question I had.

Why for the past two Sunday's has the E170 been weight restriced on the MHT-DCA route, its only about 500 miles. So adding the extra seats screwed up everything, making the company look like hacks becasue they take off people once loaded because they got more bags. I seen it since I have been seated in 1D

However NW flys a fully loaded E175 MHT-MSP which is about 1300 miles.

The extra seats are really paying off on the revenue side. NOT

Prior to Republic taking the E170's there were never weight restrictions for any flight. Once they took over and Midatlantic was gone weight restrictions became an everyday occurence especially to DFW/MSY and MCI. However we now have restrictions almost everywhere Republic flies. These weight problems just got worse when they added those additional 4 seats to the E 170's. Something we really need to do is to cut back on Republic longer distance flying to DFW/MSY/MCI/IAH etc and get mainline aircraft on these routes. We fill DFW and MSY almost everday , that would give us 30 more seats to sell on an aircraft that would not be either passenger or bag weight restricted. We need more mainline flying and much less express flying.

The Weight and Balance issue is becoming more of a problem. I don't know why. I've been flying the same aircraft for 18+ years and never had these issues. It makes no sense to me. The only difference that I'm aware of is Qik(sand). :down:

As an aside...I did have a few w/b issues with the F28 back in the early 90's. Maybe twice.

Crusher,

They need to reconfigure the AC and put in FC like other carries. It would make the product more competitive and reduce the weight issues. And probably increase overall revenue because business fliers would pay more.

Prior to Republic taking the E170's there were never weight restrictions for any flight. Once they took over and Midatlantic was gone weight restrictions became an everyday occurence especially to DFW/MSY and MCI. However we now have restrictions almost everywhere Republic flies. These weight problems just got worse when they added those additional 4 seats to the E 170's. Something we really need to do is to cut back on Republic longer distance flying to DFW/MSY/MCI/IAH etc and get mainline aircraft on these routes. We fill DFW and MSY almost everday , that would give us 30 more seats to sell on an aircraft that would not be either passenger or bag weight restricted. We need more mainline flying and much less express flying.

Ditto on more mainline. It would also cut down on ATC congestion. :up:

Crusher,

They need to reconfigure the AC and put in FC like other carries. It would make the product more competitive and reduce the weight issues. And probably increase overall revenue because business fliers would pay more.

This is why NW does not have the same weight issues with the same aircraft type but on a longer segment. By them having a First Class Cabin it puts the aircraft at a capacity that does not require weight restrictions during most or all operations.

BTW the following North American carriers either operate of have a contractor operate the E-170/175.
AC, DL, NW, UA, US
and the following North Am. carriers either operate of have a contractor operate the E-170/175 in an all Y configuration.
US

Regards

LGA777

The e175 Republic has in just a e170 with a plug same engines and wings been told is a real pig

The Weight and Balance issue is becoming more of a problem. I don't know why. I've been flying the same aircraft for 18+ years and never had these issues. It makes no sense to me. The only difference that I'm aware of is Qik(sand). :down:

As an aside...I did have a few w/b issues with the F28 back in the early 90's. Maybe twice.
Aren't the E170s operated under FOS ?
Ahhh yes the F28...the flying Dutchman. Pull that speed brake and the tail opens wide.

This is why NW does not have the same weight issues with the same aircraft type but on a longer segment. By them having a First Class Cabin it puts the aircraft at a capacity that does not require weight restrictions during most or all operations.

BTW the following North American carriers either operate of have a contractor operate the E-170/175.
AC, DL, NW, UA, US
and the following North Am. carriers either operate of have a contractor operate the E-170/175 in an all Y configuration.
US

Regards

LGA777

Any maybe that is a reason AC, DL, NW, US is seeing more of my business and US is getting close to none.