US Airways ALPA Merger Committee Presentation

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
Richard,

I agree with your decision to limit ALPA links to one per week, but because of the importance of the information below I am asking for an exception.

The US Airways MEC has released a public video with clips from the first ALPA EC meeting in Herndon on May 21, 2007 (where about 450 US Airways line pilots attended) and the US Airways Merger Committee presentation. I believe this information is important and I do not want it buried in another thread; therefore, I would like this information to remain separate from other discussion items.

Thank you for your consideration to allow this topic to remain separate from other threads.

Click here to watch the US Airways MEC/Merger Committee presentation to the ALPA EC.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

If its so important, why isn't your MEC disseminating it?

Why do you bring it to a public forum? Is it only to stir debate?

I saw it and, as usual, the product your leadership puts out is full of BS and inaccuracies.

Junebug,

The video is available for viewing in the public portion of the US Airways ALPA website. I believe the information is important for others to view and the heart felt feelings of the US Airways pilots can be vividly seen when Jack Stephan reads Pete Gauthier's letter and then by viewing the clips of the May 21 EC meeting at the end of the presentation.

Separately, I have know Jack Stephan for a very long time and we were colleagues together in the Navy. He is a man of character and integrity. In fact, in a recent chairman's message on August 1 Jack said, "On another matter related to equal pay for equal work, and equally as irritating, the AWA leadership continues to report to their pilots and other parties that we are not truthful in our communications to our pilots. I personally take exception to their claim. While I served you as Communications Chairman and while I have served you as MEC Chairman, your leadership has consistently reported the good, the bad, and the ugly and we will continue to do just that. To suggest that your leadership is guilty of protecting you from the truth, reflects a mindset that “just doesn’t get it.â€￾ I hope you share the indignation of your elected representatives and your MEC Officers over this totally inappropriate accusation. We remain committed solely to the US Airways pilots and we work for you, period. As for the offhand comments of the AWA leadership, we will consider the source and we will refrain, as always, from commenting on their affairs. We will continue to be professional in all our communications."

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Junebug,

The video is available for viewing in the public portion of the US Airways ALPA website. I believe the information is important for others to view and the heart felt feelings of the US Airways pilots can be vividly seen...

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Heartfelt feelings and a $1.25 will buy you a cup of coffee.

Just watched entire video. Would like all to have seen more of last segment when room of 400+ pilots simultaneously stood to walk out on Prater while admitting (generally speaking) he did not want to overturn award .
No gray area on windfalls given to awa. Of course I expect more of same lame arguments by the obvious.

FA

Prechilill,

True, but it going to prevent you from getting a joint contract and prevent the Nicolau Award from being implemented.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Awesome way to manipulate data :up:

Active pilots means what? And a lot of other crap!!!

Funny guys!

And PATHETIC too!

Skyrat,

Jack Stephan's comments, Pete Gautheir's letter, and the raw emotion at the end of the May 21 EC meeting is straight to the core passion.

John McIlvenna believes the US Airways MEC is misrepresenting the feelings of the pilot group. I can assure you that the pilots stand behind the MEC 100%, which I hope is clearly understood after viewing the video.

If nothing else the end of the video is compelling.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Skyrat,

Jack Stephan's comments, Pete Gautheir's letter, and the raw emotion at the end of the May 21 EC meeting is straight to the core passion.
So is the war against the western world being waged by the Taliban.

Skyrat,

John McIlvenna believes the US Airways MEC is misrepresenting the feelings of the pilot group. I can assure you that the pilots stand behind the MEC 100%, which I hope is clearly understood after viewing the video.

If nothing else the end of the video is compelling.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Thanks DELETED BY MODERATOR: NOTE: Do NOT identify other members by name.

Like I said once in another thread, BE PREPARED FOR SOME CARVING REAL SOON. And enjoy your new airline!

Cheers

I like Jack too. And you are right, he is a good man. I have often been very critical of our MEC and past Chairman. But I've got to say that Jack is on the right track.

An email from a US Airways pilot to the AWA MEC

(posted with permission from the author)

I think you need to read my post again. I am not asking you to make me whole. I am telling you what it will cost you to buy my seniority number. You are the gentleman that have tied my seniority issue to a financial one. It is you that is telling us that you will not "allow" our new management to bring us up to pay parity unless we accept this abortion of an arbitration. That is called extortion and blackmail. No sir, you are as much to blame as all the others you mentioned. Add yourself to that list because we have.

I made the absurd request in an effort to show you that we will not be bought off so easily. You want my job, you will have to pay for it. By your actions in the last week, you may have permanently poisoned the atmosphere here.

The essence of seniority is date of hire. It is ALPA National's fault that it is not a part of our union seniority policy. They caved into special interest groups and changed an age old policy. However, just because ALPA National does not have the courage to put in place a policy that protects all our careers, does not mean we should roll over and allow our careers to be destroyed. Date of Hire with fences should have been implemented. It is now the US Airways pilots here in the East that has put a backbone back into ALPA National. ALPA understands what this award means and what will happen if they do certify it. That is the message they have sent you, but you are so greedy that you are ignoring that message.

You should be ashamed or yourself for either not knowing the truth about the union you represent or are you just putting out lies to justify this behavior. US Airways MEC voted against changing the Date of Hire merger policy at ALPA National when it was changed in 1991. It was United and Delta along with Northwest that voted to change the rules. If you are going to spread this crap, get it right before you do. I understand from some of your pilots that your MEC credibility is near zero. Now I know why.

No one I know wants to take a job away from an AWA pilot. But it is quite evident that you want to take mine away, so you will have to pay for it. Your message that we will make an additional $15,766.00 per year is a joke. But you set the price. I upped the ante.

As I said, you guys won a small battle with arbitration, but as you will find out, you will loose the war with integration. I will wager a bet that in the end, we will be the winners and you will be the losers. But the biggest winner will be management because we will now block any attempt you will have to get a raise and the flying will naturally come to the side with the lowest costs.

Nothing in my experiance here has galvanized the pilots as this has. Not losing our retirement. Not losing our pay. The one thing I have counted on since the day I was hired was my seniority. That is where we draw a line in the sand. I truly believe that the frustration we have had here for 20 years is about to show it's ugly head with your MEC in it's sights. In this case, I'd rather be on this side of the argument then on yours since I can see where this is headed.

Let's see how the AWA pilots do with a much larger, much more united US Airways pilots group that your MEC has declared war on. Your behavior with regard to parity pay is irreprehensible and it is something this pilot group will neither forgive or forget.

As a gesture to you, I will say, I hope when you are ready to check out, management does not merge your airline with another and you lose any chance you had to check out because the guy senior to you was 10 yrs old when you were hired. Maybe then, you will remember how you tried to screw your fellow pilots here at US Airways.

By the way. It is not a new airline. I work for the same airline I have since we merged in 1989. Same name. Same airplanes. Same domiciles. Same crappy management. Nothing has changed except a group we merged with now wants my job. That is something new.

You did not mention the fairness of the award or the fact that much of it was based on erroneous information (ie: using the wrong uncertified pilot list). I realize you cannot defend the indefensible, so you want ALPA to hold their noses, look the other way and then certify the list. Let them. Between your MEC and ALPA National, this will ensure that we throw this union out and create one that will benefit those of us that have been here the longest since we are the largest block.

I wonder if you guys understand what you have wrought?

No longer in solidarity,

XXXXX

An email from a US Airways pilot to the AWA MEC

(posted with permission from the author)

I think you need to read my post again. I am not asking you to make me whole. I am telling you what it will cost you to buy my seniority number. You are the gentleman that have tied my seniority issue to a financial one. It is you that is telling us that you will not "allow" our new management to bring us up to pay parity unless we accept this abortion of an arbitration. That is called extortion and blackmail. No sir, you are as much to blame as all the others you mentioned. Add yourself to that list because we have.
<snip>

While the guy is way smarter than the average HP pilot, he defines the absolute bottom of the east US pilot IQ.

How about posting DEL BY MOD posts, which are well above the comprehension level of any HP pilot? IMO, DEL BY MOD should be ALPA Natl President.

NOTE: Again, do NOT use the names of posters or writers unless they identify themselves (writer name on original copy was xxxxx).

While the guy is way smarter than the average HP pilot, he defines the absolute bottom of the east US pilot IQ.

How about posting Woodys posts, which are well above the comprehension level of any HP pilot? IMO, Woody should be ALPA Natl President.

You appear to be an ####.

Helllo cornfield.

Stop the insults and personal/group attacks now. If it continues this thread will be closed and cornfield time will be allocated.

I guess some of you didn't notice the pinned announcement at the top of US Airways boards.....