US Airways Applies for CLT-PVR/SJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

iheartairbus

Advanced
Aug 31, 2006
According to a post on Airliners.net...

US Airways has applied with the DOT for authority to commence service between Charlotte and Puerto Vallarta and San Jose del Cabo Mexico.

Carrier proposes to commence year-around service on or about June 1st 2010 using A319 aircraft. Initial planned frequency is 4x weekly to PVR and 5x weekly to SJD.

This is a GREAT addition... the PHX-PVR & SJD have TONS of connecting traffic from the east coast, make it one less stop for customers! Flights are usually fairly full most days.

Yay!

More travel opportunities for the low-yield Kettles!

Now we know what this year's new international destinations are.

Frankly I think this is a far better use of limited resources than trying to go to Japan.

Let's be candid for a second, US Airways is nearly incapable of doing transatlantic service, much less transpacific. Mexico they can handle. Now all they have to do is make money doing it.

More travel opportunities for the low-yield Kettles!
That would be in contrast to the "low yield Kettles" to Florida from the north east and to points south. Maybe LCC should eliminate these less than high yield routes and just stick to our high yield north east corridor customers, you know the Shuttle and the PHL-BOS stuff. Let's keep our own "low yield Kettles" to our side! God forbid letting the "low yield Kettles" venture outside of our grasp. Let's hope no "low yield Kettles" get to Spain or Venice or Athens to go on a cruise on US, that would ruin the T/A image. Let's just hold out for the bankers or lawyers to pay our bills right now. They pay really well - so I'm told. There does, however, seem to be fewer of them around these days. Considering we have less than 100 wide bodies (BB can confirm the actual numbers compared to others, if he wants to) to fly to what you may consider a worthy "international"(insert elitist tone of "I'm International" here) destination what can you do? Oh well let's just leave the "Kettles" to WN.

I wonder if it makes a difference?

and i'm stuck doing Envoy on US this week :( Is it really bad?

It seems to be a mixed bag depending upon aircraft. I haven't flown Envoy in quite some time so I'm probably the wrong guy to ask check out Flyer Talk there is a whole thread on it.

I was referring to some of the on time challenges the trans atlantic flights have had.

That doesn't seem like much lead time to market and sell tickets for the first flights. Either way, I'm happy to see more flights to sunny places.

Back on topic: SJD may not be so "low yield" as some may think. The Black and Blue tournament as well as the more exotic golf destinations may cost more to the "Kettles"from the east then the more familiar Florida destinations. Apparently some people may want to go to places other than Orlando. If the Kettles can get to Cancun they will fit in at PV and Cabo. Jersey shore goes to western Mexico. Who would have thought and is that a good thing?

CO has service from EWR to both PVR and SJD. The service is a modified BF service which is really outstanding. I wonder if US will match.

This is a warning to 2 posters in this thread & you know who you are. Your posts as well as other off topic posts have been removed. The back & forth attacks between you two stop NOW. Next attack or off topic post gets the poster time off.

and i'm stuck doing Envoy on US this week :( Is it really bad?

The flight attendants for the most part do a great job of providing outstanding service to our Envoy customers with the very limited tools they are given by the near-sighted Tempe brain trust.

There is a possibility that your Envoy experience will be less than optimal if the cabin is crewed with the minuscule minority of apathetic or clueless flight attendants. Unfortunately, it does happen. I've seen entrees being served in Envoy 3 hours into a flight (with fully functioning ovens.) Yikes! But I think you're chances of this kind of nightmare are south of 1%.

Status
Not open for further replies.