Us Airways Asks For Correction On Cwa Web Site

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways asks for correction on CWA Web site

ARLINGTON (US Airways Today) - US Airways challenged a report on a Communications Workers of America (CWA) Web site for its Charlotte local, which compared the company's unit costs against other carriers, but excluded the cost of fuel from the US Airways statistic. In a letter to the union, Al Hemenway, managing director Labor Relations-Ground, said "this type of misleading reporting creates a misconception about the real competitive cost situation facing US Airways."

The CWA inaccurately compared US Airways' cost per available seat mile (CASM) of 9.40 cents, which excluded fuel, the airline's second highest expense after labor. For every other carrier on the list the CASM numbers reported by CWA included the cost of fuel.

"Using the CWA's misreported CASM, five carriers show higher CASM than US Airways. But when we include the expense of fuel for US Airways, our CASM increases from 9.40 cents to 11.18 cents," Hemenway wrote. The true CASM comparison (including fuel for all carriers) results in a unit cost for US Airways higher than every other carrier on the list, except for the newly formed Independence Air.

"This misleading and incorrect CASM reporting by CWA does real harm by creating a false impression among employees regarding our true competitive circumstance and our comparative industry costs. Should you have any questions regarding the correct CASM data (including fuel for all comparison carriers) the
company will make available to CWA our analysis. The company fully expects that the CWA will take whatever steps are necessary to immediately correct this erroneous reporting," Hemenway wrote.

700UW,

You are taking your dislike of USA320 too far. What did he do wrong now? He simply posted a very important piece of company statistics. Do you not agree with the CASM numbers reported? Don't lose your common sense, please.

There is no dislike or like, it just seems someone is a mouthpiece for management.

Every single article of anti-other union (CWA, IAM, TWU, AFA) this person posts and seems to take enjoyment out of it.

You are have only 19 posts, I suggest you go look at his previous posts and form your own opinion.

someone please tell me if they're going to discontinue health benefits for retired people. Looks like it from the pages I downloaded. Why am I paying for it then?? I have better health insurance with hp but if i cancel my us health benefits i'll never be able to get them back. Sooooo I now pay both. Please help with this. Thanks

The company has proposed elimination of retiree healthcare, read what the CWA has put out, it is a proposal, nothing more and nothing less.

700UW,

The reason I have only 19 posts, is that I have another job besides gossiping on these boards. Do you ever sleep, work, eat or just wait to pound on USA320?

The CWA should put out a letter calling for US airways Management to publish the true cost of paying Mesa and others to fly RJ's around. And while they are at it breakdown the NON-labor cost.

What I think is interesting is that this info has been out on another board and in an email for over a week and no one in CCY mentioned it before now? You and I both know they have to be getting this info here, monitoring the various locals websites and are probably even on the CWA mailing list and this was sent out on Aug 3rd. Does no one know what the numbers are and it took them a week to figure out they were wrong? Or was Uncle Al on vacation last week? :shock:

Pragmatic I couldn't have said it better.
All 700UW adds to this board is criticizing everyones posts.

700UW we undertatnd you know everything and are always right so why don't you give it a rest.

Go read a book or something !!!!!!!!

You don't like it don't read it. The board has a new wonderful feature called ignore.

According to Mesa's 10K US payed them $232,000,000 last year.

700 doesnt like it because it doesnt agree with him. All the guy did was post a FACT! When he cant argue that post arent facts hell call him management because he has an opinion. It amazes me the few on here think their the only ones who can have opinion uless it agrees with them.

usfliboi said:
700 doesnt like it because it doesnt agree with him. All the guy did was post a FACT! When he cant argue that post arent facts hell call him management because he has an opinion. It amazes me the few on here think their the only ones who can have opinion uless it agrees with them.
[post="167545"][/post]​

Shall we talk about your deciet about how you were shown to be not what you claim?

And don't speak for me, you don't know me, know who I am or what I am about.

Latest posts