Us Airways, Attendants Reportedly Near Pact

"We're making progress,'' said Teddy Xidas, president of Association of Flight Attendants Local 40 in Pittsburgh.

wow.... for her to make a statement like that...

keep those t/a coming!

delldude said:
so much for the sabre rattling then.
[post="227137"][/post]​

This is why union leaders have credibility issues. One day they scream for a strike, the next they turn around and work out a concessionary deal. It's obvious that they saw the handwriting on the wall even before the last big meeting in PIT. Union leadership knew that a strike would kill the airline, yet they presented a false front to the membership. :huh:

USA320Pilot said:
You're surprised?

Bes regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="227155"][/post]​

Your smug malicious attitude is not becoming of you captain.

What did you people expect? For AFA to come back with big raises and job guarantees, wake up and smell the reality and see the reason many are leaving and or retiring. Blasting the union leadership only makes you feel better as you sit there and do NOTHING about your fate working at U.

In other words...GROW UP

Curt

delldude said:
so much for the sabre rattling then.
[post="227137"][/post]​

Sabre rattling is a time-tested negotiating tactic used by both sides (does "If there's a strike we'll liquidate" ring a bell?) To have any chance of success, though, it must be believable. You can't tell the other side that you're serious while telling the membership that it's all for show - management will get the word.

On the other hand, "We've got to reach a deal at any cost" has been proven time and again to be disasterous for whichever side adopts that stance.

Jim

deano said:
Your smug malicious attitude is not becoming of you captain.

What did you people expect? For AFA to come back with big raises and job guarantees, wake up and smell the reality and see the reason many are leaving and or retiring. Blasting the union leadership only makes you feel better as you sit there and do NOTHING about your fate working at U.

In other words...GROW UP

Curt
[post="227157"][/post]​

Wow Curt

And to think I was deleted for much LESS towards A320pilot. You must be in better standing or is it because $$$ talks. Oh, the hypocrisy. <_<

BoeingBoy said:
Sabre rattling is a time-tested negotiating tactic used by both sides (does "If there's a strike we'll liquidate" ring a bell?) To have any chance of success, though, it must be believable. You can't tell the other side that you're serious while telling the membership that it's all for show - management will get the word.

On the other hand, "We've got to reach a deal at any cost" has been proven time and again to be disasterous for whichever side adopts that stance.

Jim
[post="227158"][/post]​

EXACTLY!!!

USA320Pilot said:
You're surprised?

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="227155"][/post]​

To A320 and 7.5

I feel the strike vote certainly helped the unions in their quest for a concessionary deal with the company. IMO that was the intent the whole time.

deano said:
Blasting the union leadership only makes you feel better as you sit there and do NOTHING about your fate working at U.

In other words...GROW UP

Curt
[post="227157"][/post]​

Curt, I agree completely (even though I can see the good in our good Captain). Union management blasting is counter-productive! The working class of people have no other alternative to turn to. Union management is their only hope. As I said in another thread, they aren't perfect. My hat is off to all that U's union management does in looking out for the best interests of their workers. If you think about it, most union management bashing occurs when an INDIVIDUAL feels slighted....they just don't get it, do they? Unions aren't about an individual! The good of the working class is what they are paid to improve and I think they do a bang up job.

jm

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review wrote: US Airways and its 5,200 flight attendants may be closing in on a tentative agreement, a union officer indicated yesterday.

7.5victim said: “This is why union leaders have credibility issues. One day they scream for a strike, the next they turn around and work out a concessionary deal.â€￾

USA320Pilot commented: “You're surprised?â€￾

Deano said: “Your smug malicious attitude is not becoming of you captain. What did you people expect? For AFA to come back with big raises and job guarantees, wake up and smell the reality and see the reason many are leaving and or retiring. Blasting the union leadership only makes you feel better as you sit there and do NOTHING about your fate working at U. In other words...GROW UP.â€￾

USA320Pilot comments: Deano, with all due respect, there was nothing smug about my comment -- it’s simply understanding the dynamics involved. Last Sunday, two days ago, I reported on this website that the AFA was close to a TA.

See post

Why be surpirsed when I told you Sunday morning the parties were close to a TA?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Pittsburgh Tribune-Review wrote: US Airways and its 5,200 flight attendants may be closing in on a tentative agreement, a union officer indicated yesterday.

7.5victim said: “This is why union leaders have credibility issues. One day they scream for a strike, the next they turn around and work out a concessionary deal.â€￾

USA320Pilot commented: “You're surprised?â€￾

Deano said: “Your smug malicious attitude is not becoming of you captain. What did you people expect? For AFA to come back with big raises and job guarantees, wake up and smell the reality and see the reason many are leaving and or retiring. Blasting the union leadership only makes you feel better as you sit there and do NOTHING about your fate working at U. In other words...GROW UP.â€￾

USA320Pilot comments: Deano, with all due respect, there was nothing smug about my comment -- it’s simply understanding the dynamics involved. Last Sunday, two days ago, I reported on this website that the AFA was close to a TA.

Fine Captain....I apologize___Curt

See post

Why be surpirsed when I told you Sunday morning the parties were close to a TA?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="227205"][/post]​

Latest posts