Us Airways Ceo Aims To Finish Labor Negotiations

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways CEO Aims To Finish Labor Negotiations In June

New contracts (need to be) settled quickly so company can implement a new strategy by September

NEW YORK (Dow Jones) - US Airways Group Inc. Chief Executive Bruce Lakefield said in a recorded message to employees that he aims to have new labor agreements completed in June.

See Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

You spew so much garbage on this website I'm sick of it along with all the others. Forget the labor agreements by June Ok?

boeing787 said:
You spew so much garbage on this website I'm sick of it along with all the others. Forget the labor agreements by June Ok?
In all fairness, he merely posted a link to an article. Lakefield did say what is posted.

Don't count on the IAM being there. There are no plans as of 4PM today to even meet with the company.

See you in court.

I love this guy. Got to get it done "quickly" so they can implement the secret weapon in September. Where was Lakefield LAST WINTER?? When managment wants to screw the employees, it always has to be done yesterday. But it takes years to get a simple greiveance through. This guy is cut from the same cloth as Carty. Carty screwed around for a year despite the unions asking what needed to be done. Then once he and his senior managers gets their secret pensions, he holds up the BK banner and says he needs concessions by midnight or he files.

Peering into the CrystalBallByFour, I see that if the company sees the indication that they are not getting exactly what they claim they need from all groups, the Chapter 11 drum will start beating again in earnest.

You would think that they might at least show some original thinking....

If Mr. Lakefield would truly like to have a chance at getting the unions on board with the new plan, it would help quite a bit if he settled all (or most) grievences from all the unions. Instead of instructing the the management negotiators to perform the old duck and slip routine that they are so adept at, if he would instruct them to settle as many grievances as possible as fairly as possible, without delay, then, for the first time, he would have actually done something that would show that he isn't just talk like the previous "labor friendly" CEO, but is taking positive action to attain a cohesiveness that has been deteriorating for years at US Airways. The cost of settling these grievences would be more than made up by the good will invoked among the employees. Oh, I am not now and never have been an employee of US Airways, as far as you know.

700 are you inside the iam ? Do you sign checks? My prediction that iam will talk and will give counters yours ... If no give backs it will just be taken in bk court. How many more times do you or your iam need to be shown that the needs of the many out way the wants needs of the one?

usfliboi said:
700 are you inside the iam ? Do you sign checks? My prediction that iam will talk and will give counters yours ... If no give backs it will just be taken in bk court. How many more times do you or your iam need to be shown that the needs of the many out way the wants needs of the one?
How many times do you need to be told you have been had, "FOUND OUT" as a known lair and therefore no different than the people running U and to be ignored. The IAM is nothing like you in their way of thinking and THANK GOD they aren’t!

LOVE CAV

USA320Pilot Scrambles To Convince Labor groups To Sell Out To Save His Own Job and Lifestyle

He attacks USaviations forum with with a vengeance never before seen to get employee groups to sell themselfs out. He uses fear, lies, deceit and even tells employees in our great country not to use their right to vote but to actually quit their job so he can save his and ruin labor rights for future generations for his short sighted selfish goals.

It is amusing to watch the levels this pilot will go to save his own hide. What is tragic is he wants employees to believe they need to do this to save their own jobs, when actually his motives are quite clear, you can only pity him as he makes a fool of himself.

One of his favorite tricks is to post links to articles from management that says do this or else and use that as a basis of facts to support his position.

smile, cry, shake your head, laugh and get plain angry
see it for yourself at USAirways forum
/index.php?showforum=37

Why are you guys picking on USA320? Why can't you guys just have a normal discussion like normal human beings? Are you scared that he may sway your opinions or those of other employees?

Can I just ask what color the sky is in thier world? Even if we had too :rolleyes: I don't think June is a realistic time frame. Now more than ever we must make sure every "i" is dotted and "T" crossed so we won't have misunderstandings ON EITHER SIDE. I think that goal is little more than wishful thinking at this point.