Us Airways Ceo:

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways CEO: Airline Has Finished Most Difficult Tasks

By Elizabeth Souder, Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES, Dow Jones

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--US Airways Group Inc. (UAIRQ) Chief Executive Bruce Lakefield declared the airline has accomplished the most difficult tasks of its Chapter 11 reorganization.

With new, cheaper contracts from every employee group, a new airplane finance deal with General Electric Co. (GE), and an arrangement with the Air Transportation Stabilization Board on use of cash, US Airways should emerge from bankruptcy in June, Lakefield said in a letter to frequent fliers during the weekend.

POST THE LINK PLEASE...

bankernclt said:
Any idea of the new markets out of CLT?
[post="242100"][/post]​

Lets see, he lives in APF and DL has started regionals into APF from ATL so maybe we'll start service to APF again? :rolleyes:
At one time in a preliminary skd there was a CLT-EYW but it was never started.

As far as some other new Caribbean markets from FLL or PHL/LGA most likely how about Ponce and Aguadilla, Puerto Rico? I would think there would be a lot of VFFs that would love not having to fly into San Juan and then drive the rest of the way.

This is really a bad omen.

Beating concessions from employees under bakruptcy protection can be accomplished by a trained monkey.

As is brutally evident since the last bankruptcy, the harder part is making the changes to actually make good on the sacrafices of the employees. CCY has yet to do that with the savings it got in BK1--doing so after BK2 is far harder than extracting concessions with the judge...

PineyBob said:
As is brutally evident since the last bankruptcy, the harder part is making the changes to actually make good on the sacrafices of the employees. CCY has yet to do that with the savings it got in BK1--doing so after BK2 is far harder than extracting concessions with the judge...

How do you know? You stated you took your business elsewhere and how exactly do you know that the Q2 profit, modest as it was was not evidence of the Plan of Transformation showing some signs of success? Please enlighten us. At least A320 has some facts to support his arguments.
[post="242151"][/post]​

What does taking a portion of my business elsewhere have to do with it? Knock back the propoganda a bit. You do share that trait with the other cheerleaders--when the rose-colored glasses are pointed out, you get all twitchy and go after the poster instead of what they posted....

But, since you asked, there is a very, very obvious reason that the first TP (I just think it's more apropos to call it TP) failed--that would be the second bankruptcy.

If you want to walk into any more really obvious ones, I'll be more than happy to oblige.

Bob,

If you're looking for proof by way of cause and effect, it'll be hard to pin down because anyone can always say "well, that was because of this other thing". But didn't Siegel, the architect of plan 1, say himself it wasn't working?

If anything, I would say that the company still being here is because of the sacrifices of the employees - a small Q204 profit is a pretty poor result after approximately $2.5 Billion in savings provided by those employees so far.

Jim

Thank you for finally challenging ClueByFour. His assertions have gone unchallenged for far too long, both here and on flyertalk.com!

As far as some other new Caribbean markets from FLL or PHL/LGA most likely how about Ponce and Aguadilla, Puerto Rico? I would think there would be a lot of VFFs that would love not having to fly into San Juan and then drive the rest of the way.

LGA has a 1500 mile restriction with the exception of Sat 12:01am until Sun 12:00n Lga also has no I.C.E. ( Customs and Immigration ) facilities other then one local agent whom is a JFK agent whom clears our NAS/BDA/FPO/AUA and SJUand STT paperwork.
(SJU and STT have cargo paperwork cleared )

And as I have said in the past, why not operate EWR-SDQ several days a week? CO is always full to SDQ and STI and there is plenty of Dominicans that live in the area. The facilities are in place, use them. But then again, U management gave CO EWR in return for the LGA terminal leases.

PineyBob said:
That was EXACTLY my point. Other than oil prices, which Stevie Wonder could see as the primary cause of EVERY airlines financial woes it is very difficult to point to events in a cause & effect manner.
[post="242189"][/post]​

Can Stevie see what fuel prices were in 1984/85 and how much money U.S. airlines earned in those two years?

PineyBob said:
Siegel IIRC stated that the plan was working but outside events had caused it to not succeed fast enough.
[post="242189"][/post]​

And 6 months after he left, it still wasn't "succeeding fast enough", hence BK2. Sure sounds like a fancy way to say failure to me, but maybe I'll try it for my next check ride in the sim - hey, I didn't fail that maneuver, I just wasn't succeeding fast enough to prevent the crash.....

Maybe it's a viewpoint developed from the world I work in. I either succeed and get the plane and people safely to the destination, or I fail and folks die. There's no room for excuses like "not succeeding fast enough".

Jim

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BoeingBoy said:
And 6 months after he left, it still wasn't "succeeding fast enough", hence BK2. Sure sounds like a fancy way to say failure to me, but maybe I'll try it for my next check ride in the sim - hey, I didn't fail that maneuver, I just wasn't succeeding fast enough to prevent the crash.....

Maybe it's a viewpoint developed from the world I work in. I either succeed and get the plane and people safely to the destination, or I fail and folks die. There's no room for excuses like "not succeeding fast enough".

Jim
[post="242198"][/post]​

PineyBob said:
Oh and I'm sure Clue will read the Rueters article and conclude that all of the above could have been avoided simply by keeping PIT as a hub.
[post="242189"][/post]​
Hmmm...funny thing, Bob...I went through Clue's previous posts, and I couldn't find a single instance where he suggested that US should have kept PIT as a hub. The closest he came is debunking assertions that others made about why PIT was drawn down, but he never said that it shouldn't have been.

Of course, you're welcome to search for yourself.

On the other hand, you've often made many assertions about the supposedly high quality of the current management team, based apparently on having met with them in Jersey. The facts have thus far not supported your assertions.

The overall appearence is one of deflection and projection. Perhaps that's not what's going on, but that's sure what it looks like.

Latest posts