Us Airways Chief Says Emergence Likely By June

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways Chief Says Emergence Likely by June

ARLINGTON (Aviation Daily) - US Airways during the weekend launched a “clear skies aheadâ€￾ marketing campaign in an attempt to win back passengers who waited to book travel with the carrier, and CEO Bruce Lakefield confirmed the airline is on track to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by the end of June. The airline e-mailed a letter to all frequent flyers and posted Lakefield’s note on the airline’s web site declaring that the airline “has met every milestone in its effort to restructure.â€￾ Lakefield sent the letter after all three of its employee groups represented by the International Association of Machinists (IAM) ratified cost-savings agreements. The ratification was expected and saves the airline more than $353 million annually over five years (DAILY, Jan. 24).

The airline now has ratified concession deals with all of its labor groups, including non-unionized employees, totaling more than $1.1 billion annually. “US Airways has adequate resources and labor support to transform the airline in the many ways we have been talking about over the past year,â€￾ Lakefield wrote. “We plan to emerge from Chapter 11 by the end of June.â€￾ He now believes that the airline’s “most difficult days are behind us.â€￾ Chairman David Bronner, who several months ago threatened to liquidate the airline if it could not cut its costs, issued a more optimistic statement that the airline now has “a strong tail windâ€￾ to help it reorganize. “No one likes making concessions, but the outlook for US Airways is much brighter now that we have secured these new labor agreements and the public discussion about the airline is much more optimistic.â€￾

Regards,

USA320Pilot

robbedagain said:
it is greta to know that we will emerge from chap11 less than 6 months from now and lets give swa a run for their money
[post="242351"][/post]​
Robbedagain, Let's get REAL, give SWA a run for the money?????? HAHAHA Just what is it , that your smokin?????? :lol: :shock:

Robbedagain is not "smokin" anything. It is my understanding, which was verified by Dr. David Bronner in a recent interview, that when the new business plan is fully implemented US Airways will have a CASM lower than Southwest Airlines.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

If CASM's lower than WN are to be achieved, then a revist to the concession stand will be needed for "full implementation."

3925.jpg

USA320Pilot said:
Robbedagain is not "smokin" anything. It is my understanding, which was verified by Dr. David Bronner in a recent interview, that when the new business plan is fully implemented US Airways will have a CASM lower than Southwest Airlines.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="242370"][/post]​
And all the present and past employees will wake up one day and not remember the Royal ****ing they took, and will once again be as productive as Southwest employees at now less than two thirds their pay rates. Keep dreaming.

USA320Pilot said:
It is my understanding, which was verified by Dr. David Bronner in a recent interview, that when the new business plan is fully implemented US Airways will have a CASM lower than Southwest Airlines.
[post="242370"][/post]​

You know, it really is amazing....

We're getting more of the airplanes that cost, on a per seat mile basis, as much to move from point A to point B as WN's CASM. Then there's paying for gate space, ticket counter space, crew room space, break room space, baggage makeup space, reservations (in house or outsourced), catering, people to staff the ticket counters, gates, load the bags, maintain the ground equipment, dispatch, CLP, resourse planning, marketing, scheduling, training, etc, etc, etc.

But have no fear, our CASM will be lower than WN's. Somebody said so therefore it must be true.

Dream on.....

Jim

USA320Pilot said:

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="242370"][/post]​

This is the very reason we have drug testing for airline employees. :up:

Out by June back in By??????? any predictions folks............

Just how fast can they burn through another Billion?

DCD said:
And all the present and past employees will wake up one day and not remember the Royal ****ing they took, and will once again be as productive as Southwest employees at now less than two thirds their pay rates. Keep dreaming.
[post="242376"][/post]​

You know, it's about time you negative
SOB's gave up the goat. The contracts
have been ratified. Read my lips.....
r-a-t-i-f-i-e-d by the membership of each
union. As you have chosen to be a
member of a union, you now have to
abide by the terms and conditions.
If you are dissatisfied with the results
of your union bretheren votes, then
you'd best find something else to do
besides work for US Airways.

The contracts are settled and none
of your negative puke will change that.
Sorry if you're unhappy.

It's time to move forward, which in
reality means, make the best with
what you have. US Airways is poised
to take on the LCC's and the legacy
carriers in their own back yards,
and my money is on US Airways.

Stop whining and start contributing.

Baja4U said:
Robbedagain, Let's get REAL, give SWA a run for the money?????? HAHAHA Just what is it , that your smokin?????? :lol:  :shock:
[post="242364"][/post]​
Baja, your not looking at the facts, if you think swa is not in trouble once Us emerges from bk, as well as other leg carriers get on the same playing field...things are getting ready to change... and for youwhiners .. please leave this company... youve become baggage...

usfliboi said:
Baja, your not looking at the facts,
[post="242403"][/post]​

Feel free to elaborate on those facts, along with the supporting numbers.....

Jim