Us Airways Chief's Pay Package $11 Million....

May 19, 2003
Visit site
From the article...

"US Airways chief executive David Siegel received a 2003 compensation package valued on paper as high as $11 million, the vast majority of it in restricted stock that has already lost almost half its value.

Siegel's 2003 salary was $600,000, according to the airline's proxy statement filed Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission. US Airways is seeking pay concessions from its workers."

link... http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observer/news/8400178.htm?1c in "section A" link on left and sixth article from bottom of page

Siegel does not have a home in SXM, that is David Siegel of Orlando, FL who is a time share and hotel magnet.

deltawatch said:
Lets see $11,000,000.00 a year based on a 40 hour work week, and FULL VACATION PAY when he travels S/P to his island home, thats $5729.17 an hour :D
While this type of a post makes for great fun to show in the extreme, the article points out that most of this is in company stock - which he hasn't sold and certainly isn't worth nearly that much right now. Seems to me that he has millions of incentives to improve this company's performance in the eyes of Wall St. investors.

Also, it seems that the $600k in salary that he did receive is going to be cut by 50% or more in the current negotiations that are underway w/ Dr. Bronner. At least that's what I hope since Siegel said he would adjust his salary to one comparable to the LCC CEOs. $200k, plus $90k performance bonus seems reasonable.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a whole lot of money and we should all expect better than what we've seen from CCY, but Siegel didn't get $11M and I don't think he'll see that kind of cash anytime soon.

His salary is not going to be cut, he said he might accept a compensation package similar to the LCCs IF ALL UNIONS accept concessions, and I remember dave telling CNBC, that he would love Neeleman's contract as his is worth millions because of B6 Stock!

Good post Flying Titan. The key here is "on paper". The value of most of his pay is equivalent to the value of the stock employees received. If the company burns, it is worthless to him as well.